Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are we gonna act like Jermell Charlo isn't being protected?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are we gonna act like Jermell Charlo isn't being protected?

He's being protected for various reasons:

1. Inability to try to unify with any other title holder outside of Hurd. No attempted negotiations with Mungia or nothing.

2. Hurd has already beaten Trout and Harrison... Stopped one and knocked the other spark out. Why is Jermell running behind him fighting the same exact guys?

3. Hurd unified with Lara. The most avoided and proven champ at 154 in recent years. If Charlo is going to fight someone Hurd already beat, why not try to fight Lara? From April until the time Charlo signed to fight Harrison/Trout, Lara called out Charlo to fight... Charlo never even responded... See this thread for starters - https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...d.php?t=785581

And now that Hurd has done all the hard work to unify the belts and put his body through wear and tear, here comes Jermell coming in nice and fresh because while Hurd was doing the dirty work, Jermell was chillin. The Lubin fight was a good win, but you still have/had Lara available + a unification with Mungia... Charlo didn't try to make not one of those fights because he's content with sweeping up after Hurds smaller wins.

And as far as Mungia goes, there's no such thing as a fight can't be made because of network issues. That myth has been debunked too many times for me to remember

What am I missing?

They both being protected for some reason. And their ppl say its because ppl wont fight them lol. I consider them,hype until i see otherwise

Comment

To be fair Hurd is also protected now.

Comment

Hurd was injured. I don't think they're going to bother with Munguia since his career is being managed as if he is still a prospect and we're still not sure where he lands. Politics will make that a hard fight to be made. If a unification isn't made sometime next year between Hurd and Charlo I'll get on board with you. Not yet though.

Comment

It’s funny you only see these type of threads for certain fighters. Who has Mungia fought that’s so great? Why isn’t he looking to unify?

Comment

Hurd out works Charlo I'm thinking

Comment

Originally posted by THEFRESHBRAWLER View Post
              It’s funny you only see these type of threads for certain fighters. Who has Mungia fought that’s so great? Why isn’t he looking to unify?
              Right because Mungia, a current title holder/champion, isn't a worthy challenger, but Trout and Harrison are?

Are you going to act act completely oblivious to the fact that Lara has been available for Charlo BEFORE Trout and Harrison were even in the picture?

Comment

Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post
                Right because Mungia, a current title holder/champion, isn't a worthy challenger, but Trout and Harrison are?

Are you going to act act completely oblivious to the fact that Lara has been available for Charlo BEFORE Trout and Harrison were even in the picture?
                Why isn’t mungia looking to unify with any of the current champions? Has he called out any of them? Mungia fought the 40th rated boxer in his last figh lol at least Charlo is fighting someone in the top 15. Mungia already said Charlo fight can happen but in the “future”. So why are there double standards? Lara was available for Mungia also. Why he didn’t fight him?

Comment

Originally posted by THEFRESHBRAWLER View Post
                  Why isn’t mungia looking to unify with any of the current champions? So why are there double standards? Lara was available for Mungia also. Why he didn’t fight him?

Has Mungia called out Charlo? Yes he has.

Hurd has unified JMW belts. Fact

Charlo hasn't unified anything, but instead has fought 2 opponents, back to back, that Hurd has already KO'd. Fact

Here you come to the rescue trying to justify this non sense talking about why hasn't Lara fought Mungia. Jesus Christ the rationale from some of these fan bases

Charlo needs to fight someone worth a damn other than Hurd... It should be Lara or Mungia. Period.

Not no damn Austin Trout or Harrison. Just stop with your excuses

Comment

Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post

Has Mungia called out Charlo? Yes he has.

Hurd has unified JMW belts. Fact

Charlo hasn't unified anything, but instead has fought 2 opponents, back to back, that Hurd has already KO'd. Fact

Here you come to the rescue trying to justify this non sense talking about why hasn't Lara fought Mungia. Jesus Christ the rationale from some of these fan bases

Charlo needs to fight someone worth a damn other than Hurd... It should be Lara or Mungia. Period.

Not no damn Austin Trout or Harrison. Just stop with your excuses
                    Mungia hasn’t unified anything either lmaoooo. Austin Trout and Tony Harrison way better than the last two bums Jamie faced
                    And Jamie Mungia shouldn’t be fighting no damn 40th ranked old Canadian boxer like Brandon Cook lmaooo. You’re trying hard but you’re failing. When Mungia defends his belt against an elite fighter then I’ll agree with you until then you just sound biased. Mungia don’t want to fight Charlo right now

Comment

Working...
                    X