Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does Mikey want to fight Spence so badly?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
    I think it's a long shot as well but he seems to think he can replicate what Floyd did. If he beats Spence and Manny this year that would be 2 really good PPV paydays.

I'd still rather him have fight Commey and then Loma.

Yeah I’d rather him stay at 135. I personally think it’s a very dumb move to fight Spence but he’ll look like a genius if he wins I guess. Mikey doesnt have Floyd or Pac’s frame or Mosley’s, he’s not blessed physically like them.

I don’t see him being strong or durable enough to keep Spence off.

Comment

Originally posted by Socialtwinkie View Post
      One of my biggest problems with Mikey, I like the guy however, is that the dude never showed heart

I love Mike Tyson, but it's the same thing there too. A good boxer who just looks like they dont have the heart and grit to dig deep.

Mikey is a business man straight up. I dont get how his fans dont see this. I agree with you 100% on the IF he fights spence he retires shortly after. He ain't draining back down to 135 and Lomachenko isnt going to 140.

Mikey is robbing us fans of seeing the fight we want.
      When he quit against Salido and took an out when the fight was getting tough showed me what his character is likely like in a tough match. Compare that to Marquez who'd been butted, was up big and the ref said "I can stop the fight you're ahead", Marquez reaction was to knock the guy out and finish the fight. Mikey's reaction was "Yeah I'll take that. This is getting a little too hot for me".

That's why Marquez is a great fighter who'll be remembered and loved and Mikey is a good fighter who'll be forgotten and not loved.

Comment

no way mikey is scared of loma, im sure he thinks he wins that fight and loma wont hurt him, spence will hurt him, he should stay and unify next year and then go for spence, thats sensible

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
          When he quit against Salido and took an out when the fight was getting tough showed me what his character is likely like in a tough match. Compare that to Marquez who'd been butted, was up big and the ref said "I can stop the fight you're ahead", Marquez reaction was to knock the guy out and finish the fight. Mikey's reaction was "Yeah I'll take that. This is getting a little too hot for me".

That's why Marquez is a great fighter who'll be remembered and loved and Mikey is a good fighter who'll be forgotten and not loved.
          100% agree.

But tell this to Mikey fans and you're a hater. But Salido is Lomachnekos daddy because he beat Lomachenko and Mikey dominated salido.

I dont get these fangirls. That's not even what happened. Mikey was offered the easy way out and he took it because it was getting tough.

While I think Mikey vs Loma would be competitive I'm feeling that there a very good chance Lomachenko could no mas Mikey. If Lomachenko finds his groove NO WAY would Mikey sit and be embarrassed for 12 rounds.

No one thought rigo would quit so anything can happen

Comment

Originally posted by Boksfan View Post
            Because Garcia will do anything to run from Lomachenko.
            Yep, this!

Comment

Originally posted by Socialtwinkie View Post
              100% agree.

But tell this to Mikey fans and you're a hater. But Salido is Lomachnekos daddy because he beat Lomachenko and Mikey dominated salido.

I dont get these fangirls. That's not even what happened. Mikey was offered the easy way out and he took it because it was getting tough.

While I think Mikey vs Loma would be competitive I'm feeling that there a very good chance Lomachenko could no mas Mikey. If Lomachenko finds his groove NO WAY would Mikey sit and be embarrassed for 12 rounds.

No one thought rigo would quit so anything can happen
              I thought Rigo would quit to be honest. I don't think Mikey would quit against Loma but I do think he'd lose a very wide decision. His feet are very slow, he doesn't move his head much and his offense is predictable and repetitive. The angles and footwork would be too much.

Mikey's fanboys are a weird bunch. Almost cult like (much like Rigo's). I think it's a lot of anti-Loma guys (much like Rigo's). They are fiercely loyal to their guy though and will back anything he does but they'll go away when he loses (much like Rigo's).

I think Rigondeaux is a better fighter than Mikey for what it's worth but a harder match for Loma if he can enforce his size. He'll do better than Rigo but he'll lose wide if he fought him.

Comment

Working...
              X