Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Andre Ward: GGG NEVER DARED TO BE GREAT! HE NEVER WANTED TO TAKE ANY RISK!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Snowballer View Post
    Jabs my friend. He outlanded Canelo because of jabs, a good amount which were measuring jabs. GGG got outlanded in power punches, in both fights.

He also lost in the defense department, and after the 2nd fight Canelo showed us who actually controlled the ring. He also won in connect percentage.

But GGG landed more jabs. Lol

Press row? I trust my judgement much more than Ellie Sechback, Doug Fisher, Teddy Atlas and many press guys. Do you mean you always agree with the press' score? Lol
    When the press substantiate what the majority of observers see with their own two eyes then people
    will quote them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bjl12 View Post
      Real boxer

You are 100% right. Nobody has to bend to the "A" sides demands, but they can't turn around and whine about being ducked in the same breath.

Gennady was offered fights with Cotto and Canelo, but he refused to bend. Gennady's Loss.

He did later get one of the fights he wanted on his own terms, especially the rematch (55-45 split which was up from the 65-35 originally proposed), but he can't whine that anyone ducked him.

My original post was made at this clown for suggesting Canelo "waited" for Gennady to get "old". No. Canelo didn't fight at 160 until 2017. That fight was against JCC Jr. at a CW of 164 and the CW was for JCC - not Canelo. Canelo also fought Golovkin in 2017.

There was no waiting. Once Canelo hit 160 he took on Gennady immediately, twice, and didn't need a tune-up despite the year long layoff between fights.

TonyGe can't grasp "A" demands. Like when Floyd beat Oscar...Floyd overcome additional hurdles (fight at 154 pounds - Floyd never fought there at the time, Floyd wearing gloves picked by Oscar, using a smaller ring size). Floyd took all of those additional hurdles and won. Guess what? Floyd became the "A" side.

That's how it works, kid
      Wrong. One has nothing to do with the other. He was ducked by the titlists at 160.

Comment

Jabs my friend. He outlanded Canelo because of jabs, a good amount which were measuring jabs. GGG got outlanded in power punches, in both fights.

He also lost in the defense department, and after the 2nd fight Canelo showed us who actually controlled the ring. He also won in connect percentage.

Press row? I trust my judgement much more than Ellie Sechback, Doug Fisher, Teddy Atlas and many press guys. Do you mean you always agree with the press' score? Lol
        Completely ignoring the fact that in the later rounds a good deal of Canelo's "power punches" had very little power on them. Golovkin out jabbed him 2 to 1. That's a significant amount. As far as Canelo.controlling the ring it was Golovkin. Canelo came forward aggressively and at no time forced Golovkin to the ropes despite his best efforts. That's called ineffective agression. Golovkin boxed him and stepped back and to the side when appropriate. In fact Canelo was the guy that had to go to the ropes in order to escape Golovkin.

Comment

No, I watched the fights and believe that there's no way that Canelo won either one. Also, Canelo gets credit for landing power punches to the back, the arms, the neck and back of the head and still managed to land just a few more power shots if you trust Compubox.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bjl12 View Post
            Technically GGG called him out and Ward accepted the offer. Then GGG suggested it would have to take place at 164.

Although I dont like WonderWhiteBreadMan I agree with him on this topic. Gennady did not DUCK Ward, but it was a *miss because he could've fought him and instead passed.

Gennady's career, coincidentally, is full of misses.

He required smaller fighters like Kell Brook, Canelo, and Cotto to move up to 160 and never compromised even 1 pound (making Kell move up 13 pounds instead of 10 pounds).

He also required a CW with SMW Ward at 164, but also offered to fight SMW Froch at 168 and SMW/LHW JCC Jr. as high as 172.

Being hypocritical is a sure fire way to raise some eyebrows...and Gennady didnt help his legacy by avoiding tough fights over weight since literally all of his fights have only ever taken place at 160.

Theres nothing wrong with fighting in one division your whole career, but you cant start labeling guys above and below your division as "ducking" since you're hypocritical about who you would move up/down for

And actions speak louder than words. Gennady moved all opponents to 160 so while he mayve suggested he could be flexible he never was. Always 160 no matter if you're a SMW or WW. Not a good look.

I don't think Canelo is smaller than ggg...in reality he was the guy facing smaller opponents with his ridiculous cw and delaying his move to mw.

There's plenty of examples of fighters being willing to fight one opponent at the full weight but asking for a cw vs another. Floyd vs cotto/Canelo comes to mind.

Comment

Working...
            X