Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Regis Prograis Drops, Dominates Terry Flanagan in WBSS Clash

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ...that guy with the hat can dance his ass off...and the*"Rougarou"*can fight.. very impressed!! Mikey, Errol, and Crawford don't want none of that!!

Comment

• Ivan "The Beast" Baranchyk is the truth!

Last edited by Santa_; 10-28-2018, 09:36 AM.

Comment

• Meh, decent fight. Maybe Regis was just trying to get some rounds in.

Comment

• GIFS: Regis Prograis vs. Terry Flanagan - Round 8.

Lovely work by Prograis steering Flanagan with probing jabs to his left hand as 'Turbo' circled to his right, into the left coming from Prograis southpaw stance.

Comment

• Originally posted by .!WAR MIKEY! View Post
            It means exactly what it sounds like "The fight has to play out NO MATTER WHAT"

yes it can end at any point, due to legit reason not cause you have a weak stomach, or worried about the "what if's". IF Terry had enough and wanted to stop then by all means but it wasnt that type of fight and his team and him didnt want to stop (nor should they) and no one around (ref,commision,doctors,Etc) even thought it was close to that type of fight. What you suggesting they should stop the fight what you really are suggesting is a mercy rule and that will defeat the entire purpose of professional boxing.
            I've said before I'm not anti-a mercy rule for boxing cuz there is no sport quite like boxing where a one sided fight that isn't ended & keeps going on & on gets quite as boring & not worth watching UNLESS you wanna see someone f#cked up.

Although I don't believe this was an example of that. I think Terry's team shoulda called it cuz it was obvious he was losing with 4 rounds left. I haven't seen a scorecard for the fight, but my assumption is there wouldn't have been a way for him to reasonably win this fight without a KO or several knockdowns, neither of which he's known for. He was also dropped & ****** up nice that round. And I didn't see very much competitiveness in this fight.

Now maybe Terry's team is just delusional & they thought he just had a bad 8th round & beyond that he was in it idk. Maybe they think Terry is really a super hard puncher & his record & fights just haven't shown that. Maybe his team thought Regis was getting tired & maybe Terry could stop him late or something.

Idk what his team was thinking so maybe they weren't just basically thinking "lets get a moral victory by going 12" or something silly about toughness in a sport you gotta be tough to get into in the first place & its not something that needs to be proven so much as the level Terry's gotten to already.

Again you want a mercy rule lol that isnt professional boxing.
            Like I said I'm not opposed to that when a fight is uncompetitive. I see too many boxers walking about all dizzy looking or who can't talk & I can't help but think that has a whole lot to do with boxing. And that makes me wanna see guys take as little damage to determine the winner as necessarily. I don't know how you implement a mercy rule in boxing doe. Although again I don't see my comments here being about that. Its about Terry's team calling this fight cuz there was nothing to be gained here not for the ref to have stopped this fight. I thought the ref did fine here.

Terry was good.
            his corner thought he was good
            ref thought he was good.
            doctor thought he was good.
            comission thought he was good.
            commentator thought he was good.
            The fact you think this has anything to do with anyone, but his corner makes me think you got no clue what I'm saying here. And I don't think his corner thought he was doing good. Unless they were delusional, as mentioned above, they had to have thought he was losing this fight wide.

but cause you think hes done they should step in anyways and take away any chance of a victory?
            When its not reasonable that a guy can win, specifically mathematical, & there is lil competitiveness to a fight I think its +EV for the fighter & fans to stop the fight.

I find uncompetitive fights that aren't conclusively ended by KO within a couple rounds of the massive difference in talent & skill being discovered to not be as entertaining as fights where both guys still have a chance to win.

Its unfavorable to guys with no pop, but whatever. Guys with no pop aren't fun to watch when they are losing wide cuz that come from behind victory is virtually non-existent.

Lets just rob everybody of a chance why dont we, Oh you never had a ko after 7 rounds and you losing CALL IT, its over. Oh you got dropped 3 time in the first round, call it, its over.
            If the guy isn't competitive fair play. A corner knows what his fighter can do more than anyone else including the fighter often times.

again no MERCY RULE!
            You are being dense here man. Like I said I'm actually not against a mercy rule. I've stated I'm pro a mercy rule here before & went into the ways. I just don't know how you could do it the way boxing works now.

But AGAIN this has nothing to do with that cuz a ref would be the one pulling the mercy rule card if there was a mercy rule. I'm saying TERRY'S CORNER should have pulled the plug on this fight cuz it was unwinnable for him & after that 8th round where he took an ass whipping it seemed to time just to call it cuz he was becoming less competitive as the rounds were going on.

The corner thinks he can still pull it off, hes in good health (doctors approval), ref sees no danger, Terry is still able to put together an assualt and defend himself, but because you think he cant win they should call it lmfao. smh.
            Boxing ain't like football or baseball. Mfers taking shots to the head. Mfers lives are can be changed cuz of one bad second in a fight. There is no need to take risks for ones long term health in a fight you can't win.

After that 8th round there was probably an argument to be made that there was as much of a chance for Terry to be damaged long term as there was for him to win the fight. Thats suggests to me the juice isn't worth the squeeze cuz everyone walks into every fight with a chance at severe injury, but its always a tiny lil % thats a fraction of a percentage point.

Respect to Terry for "showing toughness" & going the distance, but I don't see the upside in it for anyone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Corelone View Post
              Now we know why Turbo was such a homebody, but Regis is starting to look a little vulnerable. He might be in trouble when he goes to the Hydro.
              I think he trusts his head movement a lil too much. I think he's hard as f#ck to hit, but I think he uses that a lil too often vs putting his hands up & blocking some punches with the gloves.

I think Terry hit him nice a few times cuz Regis was way to close to him with his hands down vs putting his hands up when he's in closer. If Terry could punch that mighta made this fight more competitive.

And when the other guys in this tournament who can punch get closer to him & his still overly into the head movement vs having his hands up too I think he could be hurt.

Looking forward to the semis doe. Regis (23-0, 19) vs Kiryl (23-2, 19) & likely Josh (13-0, 11) vs Ivan (19-0, 12). Thats when these WBSS tournaments generally get really good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Santa_ View Post
                Meh, decent fight. Maybe Regis was just trying to get some rounds in.
                I think Regis knew Terry was a crafty mfer so he just couldn't bulldoze the guy. If he had tried I think the fight woulda been more competitive cuz Terry woulda have more opportunity to make something happen. I think Regis did fine with what was in front of him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Steven Mccowan View Post
                  Gell for someone saying they favorite fighters are Tyson, Duran. And that boxing is ENTERTAINMENT (which i agree fully) Prograis style isnt very entertaining. Great movement, but alot of one punch at a time action. If he had put combos together i think he coulda stopped Turbo. Still like Prograis but have doubts of him winning it all. He NEEDS to throw more. Not jab, jab, jab, jab, jab, jab, jab, one power punch, jab jab etc etc etc
                  Thats fair. I don't think he showed enough combos either. It was a battle of jabbing & one punch at a time largely.

I think Regis was mindful of being careful in this fight & not exposing himself too much to counter punches or being timed cuz Terry is easily the most experienced best guy he's fought & wasn't to be taken lightly. Might have an argument Indonger was the best guy, but Terry was a title holder for years with several defenses.

Comment

• Turbo Terry reached his ceiling last night.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post

Lovely work by Prograis steering Flanagan with probing jabs to his left hand as 'Turbo' circled to his right, into the left coming from Prograis southpaw stance.

Excellent Combination, He is not only a knock out artist, but he can also move, and put this combo's. Flannagan has a good chin.

Comment

Working...
                      X