Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Broner & Horn fought who'd win? How & Why?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Broner & Horn fought who'd win? How & Why?

Just thinking about this in another thread. To me Broner is the more talented & the guy with the better natural skills who seems to opt out of his most challenging fights early, but Horn is a cat who'll die trying to win a fight despite inferior skills. I'm feeling very 50/50ish on this fight, but curious what others think.

If these two fought who would you favor? How do you see the fight going? Why do you see it going however you see it going?
    Broner
    31.58%
    Horn
    68.42%

Broner is a lot better, but he's really looked like sht lately. He fights too passively. Horn is the opposite, where he isn't very good, but goes for it at least.

I'd pick Horn to outwork and rough up Broner. I don't think Broner has the power to keep Horn off him.

Comment

While Broner is far more talented, the match up plays toward his weakness in that he lacks volume lately and Horn is just about pushing forward and bullying. If Broner showed up ready to work, I think his footwork could keep him out of trouble and and he could beat Horn in most exchanges. But, despite the potential of what he COULD do, his habits lead me to believe he'd let Horn bully him around.

Comment

Dont like triangle theories but past it pacquiao handled vargas and bradley easily before he had a hard time against horn.

Broner goes life and death with vargas.

Broner does not fight well against aggressive fighters and shells up and doesnt want to engage until the last round, when he somehow turns it up and looks decent lol.

It isnt in broners nature to fight tough and grueling fights. If it gets tough he mentally checks out.

He looks good fighting on the front foot, with quick hands, decent power and tight offense, but he tries to fight slick and he fails doing that.

Horn is a big dude, who rushes in and fights rough on the inside. Broner lacks the footwork to make horn look stupid rushing in. Its more likely that he finds himself on the ropes, doing a half a ss shoulder roll and shaking his head whenever horn lands some punches.

Comment

I would definitely lean towards Horn beating Broner but there's a small chance that Broner could hurt Horn and slow him down or take him out. The most likely scenerio is that Horn would overwhelm Broner and win a wide decision...and there's also a possibility that Horn would stop Broner. I'd put my bet on Horn winning.

Comment

Honestly, Horn probably outworks him. He has a high output and just keeps coming and that seems to be a disaster for Broner

Comment

Originally posted by asgarth View Post
              Dont like triangle theories but past it pacquiao handled vargas and bradley easily before he had a hard time against horn.

Broner goes life and death with vargas.

Broner does not fight well against aggressive fighters and shells up and doesnt want to engage until the last round, when he somehow turns it up and looks decent lol.

It isnt in broners nature to fight tough and grueling fights. If it gets tough he mentally checks out.

He looks good fighting on the front foot, with quick hands, decent power and tight offense, but he tries to fight slick and he fails doing that.

Horn is a big dude, who rushes in and fights rough on the inside. Broner lacks the footwork to make horn look stupid rushing in. Its more likely that he finds himself on the ropes, doing a half a ss shoulder roll and shaking his head whenever horn lands some punches.
              Broner also went life and death with Taylor the same Taylor that got starched by washed up Lucas before Pac gave him a beating.

Comment

I think Broner would win in any neutral place. Pacquiao out landed Horn about 150 punches to 75 punches and Pacquiao's punches were harder and cleaner. Pacquiao should have won a ud by many points but he got robbed. The only thing Horn did well was to use every dirty illegal tactic in the book and some dirty tactics rarely seen and the ref let Horn get away with murder without even a warning. Head locks, head butts, choke holds' pushing, wrestling, mauling, tripping and illegal holding and hitting make up the Horn skill set. Take that away from him and he is nothing. He is neither a good boxer or a big puncher. He could hardly land a punch on Crawford when he had to obey the rules. Broner is nothing special and he lacks heart and a strong will to win that Horn does have. But Broner is far more skillful than Horn and a much sharper more accurate puncher so he should beat Horn.

Comment

Horn bullies and out works him

Comment

Horn would outwork Broner sadly.
                    Broner would stand there and get hit and flurry a few times in the fight. Then tell the fans to F U C K off and leave the ring with a smile.

Comment

Working...
                    X