Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Charlo vs. Monroe, Charlo vs. Harrison - Finalized For 12/22

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
    Jermall Charlo moved up to 160lbs and fought whomever the WBC said he needed to fight to get a shot at the WBC's title.

JS Heiland was the #1 contender by the WBC, and Centeno Jr was the final eliminator to become mandatory for the WBC title (and pick up their medal). Not that complicated.

Jermall Charlo was patient with the WBC, not impeding anything while they made money on the two Alvarez-Golovkin voluntary defenses, but the WBC laid out their marker; barring any unification fights, Canelo Alvarez has his voluntary defense in December, and his next fight will be his mandatory defense.

The WBC already compelled Alvarez to relinquish their belt when he couldn't fight his mandatory before; I have no idea why you don't think they'd do it again.
    LMAO. Charlo wasn't patient. He had no choice. The WBC has done been kissing Canelo's a$$ to get back in bidness with him.

WBC won't stand in the way of a third ggg fight or a unification. You know this. And the WBC didn't order any of those fights. PBC proposed those fights for sanctioning. Big difference.

And even if Jermall Charlo somehow got a shot at a vacant belt or promoted to full champ if Nelo vacates again he still wouldn't have anyone to fight lol. He would be in the exact same spot Crawford is with his welterweight title.

Charlo would be doing voluntary defenses against Sulecki and Centeno rematches. You know this. If he wants the big names and big purses then he gots to go to DAZN. They run 160 which is a fact

Comment

• Only one is headlining. The other has to wait his turn.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
        not really he's basically a belt-less version of Paulie Malignaggi who continued to get fights after losses and bad losses after it was proven he wasn't very competitive with the top guys. The reason Paulie kept getting picked and passed around like a 2 dollar h0e is because he was pillow fisted and not a threat same reason Willie keeps getting picked as an opponent because he's got only 6 career KO's.
        Dude are you a ******? Paulie was a 2 div champ. Not a interim champ either, a full blown champ at 140 & 147. This dude has never been close to becoming champ. He quit Vs GGG and fought like a beech Vs Saunders. Not even close

Comment

• Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
          not really he's basically a belt-less version of Paulie Malignaggi who continued to get fights after losses and bad losses after it was proven he wasn't very competitive with the top guys. The reason Paulie kept getting picked and passed around like a 2 dollar h0e is because he was pillow fisted and not a threat same reason Willie keeps getting picked as an opponent because he's got only 6 career KO's.
          Paulie was a 2 div champ. Not a interim champ either, a full blown champ at 140 & 147. This dude has never been close to becoming champ. He quit Vs GGG and fought like a beech Vs Saunders. Not even close

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigchip View Post
            Only one is headlining. The other has to wait his turn.
            It's actually a tag team match. They're flipping a coin to see who starts first.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pennsauken1 View Post
              Then watch all those great fights on Suck Zone you idiot
              Im sorry, i didnt mean to offend you... i didnt know u were a fan of inactivity u dkhead!

Comment

• coin toss to see who's the main event?

Comment

• Ch

Comment

• Especially excited for Charlo/Monroe, it is a very relevant fight in the MW division given the history of Monroe at MW - will be a good measuring stick fight

Comment

• Originally posted by suffolkbull3 View Post
                      Im sorry, i didnt mean to offend you... i didnt know u were a fan of inactivity u dkhead!
                      I read this in the voice of Gordon Ramsey roasting one of his chefs

Are you from the UK or Australia?

Comment

Working...
                      X