Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Machado: Everyone Knows I'm Real WBA Champ, Not Gervonta Davis

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
    Can we all agree that the WBA is a joke?
    Yes, I agree. I revoked the WBA's recognition in 2001 and I never recognized the WBO. So for me, there are only two world championships. WBC and IBF. I revoked the IBF's recognition after the bribery scandal, but gave it back after they ended up becoming the most honest sanctioning body in history.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Hero View Post
      Davis should just sign to Golden Boy and fight it out with Machado then fight Farmer on DAZN!
      Ain't that easy. Tank's signed to Mayweather Promotions. Another promoter gots to get Mayweather Promotions okay for him to fight elsewhere. And Hearn has said he asked at least twice to sign Tank with offers & everything & he was quickly turned down. Oscar with his goofy ass directly asked Tank to sign with him or w/e last week & Ellerbe threatened to sue him cuz you can't be signing a mfer like that. Thats how Oscar f#cked up signing Manny back in the day if you remember that.

Comment

Originally posted by DaBeastO View Post
        how do you know how many years are left on davis's contract water boy
        In fairness the troll is right.

Tank's stated he's signed to Mayweather Promotions til sometime in 2020.

Comment

WBA are confused...

Comment

The WBC is the biggest and most corrupted they lost credibility a long time ago!!
            And now they forgive cheating PED and steroids users!!! They reward cheaters with title shots and high rankings!! No penalties!!!
            Riddick bowe threw that shiat in the trash can!!! Also are Bias towards Mex!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Squ□redCircle34 View Post
              There’s only one way to settle this crap, Davis vs Machado for the Super Duper WBA Super Featherweight championship at Barclays would sell decently!

Baltimore and the DMV plus the Brooklyn fans mixed with Puerto Rican fans make it an electric night!

C’mon Floyd and Dela Hoya, make it happen!

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
                Yes, I agree. I revoked the WBA's recognition in 2001 and I never recognized the WBO. So for me, there are only two world championships. WBC and IBF. I revoked the IBF's recognition after the bribery scandal, but gave it back after they ended up becoming the most honest sanctioning body in history.
                Actually, the IBF is the only one I have any respect for.

But I am still cheering for a belt free future of just the best verses the best at weights they decide at and a simple 10 pound rehydration limit and 100% VADA tested sport.

I also am on the hunt for that unicorn herd in the Alps that will fill in the directions I need to find that buried Blackbeard treasure that Jimmy Hoffa is protecting. Wonder which of those two happen first?

Comment

Originally posted by landotter View Post
                  Actually, the IBF is the only one I have any respect for.
                  Hard to respect the IBF when they were blatantly exposed for being a huge bribery operation, just like the WBA. Yes, they've cleaned up their act now, but at what cost? They're so strict that the top stars avoid them like the plague. They're trying to be legit in a sport that isn't legit. It doesn't work.

The WBC is a compromise between the complete honesty of the IBF and the complete corruption of the WBA. The WBC makes decisions based on what's best for the sport and what will lead to the biggest fights. The IBF is a slave to the rules and doesn't have the freedom to do what will lead to the biggest fights and the WBA is so short sighted they'd rather have a $10 bribe today than a $100 sanctioning fee a year from now.

Comment

The WBA is moronic.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
                      All leagues in all sports recognize multiple champions. But nothing should be more important than being champion of the world. The NFL, NBA, etc have division champions, conference champions, but one world champion.

The media ****ed up by trying to be cute instead of just being honest. If they'd been honest about who the WBA world champion was and refused to recognize the WBA super championship, the top stars would have revolted until the WBA got rid of the super title. Instead, the media invented the nonexistent "regular" title and created this whole mess.

Wrong. Because before 2001, the WBA still had interim titles, regional titles, continental titles, intercontinental titles, international titles, latino titles, etc. Adding another title wouldn't have been a problem if the media had done their job and been honest about who was WBA world champion.

The WBA will never stop the madness until people stop recognizing the super title. The WBC has diamond champions, but nobody tries to pretend they're actually the WBC world champion, while then pretending the WBC world champion is actually the nonexistent WBC "regular" champion. It's that lying about who the world champion of the WBA is that created this mess.

There's no such thing as WBA real champion. Stop trying to invent what doesn't exist. Muhammad Ali was the WBA world champion. Not WBA super champion. Not WBA real champion. Not WBA fake champion. The WBA super championship is a different championship from the WBA world championship.

If the fact that the WBA frequently strips their best world champions and awards them the WBA super championship makes you value the WBA world championship less, good. You should value it less. All of the WBA championships are a joke.

I don't care what other sports do

this is boxing, and until reasonably recently (I have been around forever)..... each official sanctioning body appointed only one champion

the additional " champions " arose because of greed and corruption

I do not recognize greed and corruption

/story, as far as I am concerned

a number of journalists recently penned (two from this very site) that they refused to recognize the WBA junior titles, and only recognize the WBA super-champ.....

btw, the WBA titles were known as.....
                      * super champion
                      * regular champion
                      * interim champion

THAT, is what they were called

The WBA has even been known to recognize three different fighters as one form of champion or another in the same weight class ("Super", "Regular", and "interim champion").....

..... As of 2017, the WBA continues to issue Regular titles, despite having previously stated that they would seek to reduce their number of titles to one per weight class.

I have no interest, and do not care, what the WBA choose to call those bullshlt titles now

Comment

Working...
                      X