Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Spence: I'm Now #1 at 147, Keith Thurman Must Face Me!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mister Wolf View Post
    Spence only likes to fight guys that are afraid of him. That includes Kell Brook.
    Why would Kell Brook be afraid of Spence but yet get in the ring with Gennady Golovkin...your comment makes no sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
      Crawford and Spence talk about being #1, but are fighting Benavidez, Kavaliauskas, Ocampo, and Collazo. Thurman hasn't fought in 2 years. Porter and Garcia are B-level fighters.

This division sucks.
      Benavidez - This fight should never have happened...it wasn't a mando. This was a one legged man, shame on Crawford for taking this fight.

Kavaliauskas - This is not officially announced. However it could become a mandatory fight if Kavaliauskas wins his eliminator in a few weeks, in that case, I have no problem with Crawford fighting his mando.

Ocampo - Ocampo was a mando, Spence had to fight him...no problem with Spence making his mando.

Collazo- This has not been officially announced so to me, it just rumors...5hlt fight if it happens (unless it's a mando, which the title holder has no choice), all parties should be ashamed if this is being made voluntarily.

Comment

Spencer calling out another retired fighter.

What else is new

Comment

What I wanna see:

WBSS starting autumn 2019, after Thurman has had one or two easy WBA defences spring/summer 2019, and Pacman has defeated Broner january 2019.

The four top ranked boxers who gets to choose their opponents:

1 Spence
          2 Crawford
          3 Thurman
          4 Porter

Suggested contenders:

5 Pacquaio
          6 Kerman Lejarraga
          7 Josh Kelly
          8 Kudratillo Abdukahorov

Lejarraga is the current European EBU champion and has the punching power to KO anyone in the division. Ranked in the top 5 by the WBC and IBF and top 10 by the WBO, and was ranked as high as #3 by the WBA before they controverisally dropped him from their list. Still developing, will aim for a world title fight 2019/20.

Josh Kelly is only 7-0 now, but will box twice before Christmas, currently the Commonwealth champion, and considered a huge talent. Will be very high on the rankings by next summer.

Kudratillo Abdukahorov is probably unknown among most US and British fans, and he is perhaps a bit small for the 147-division, but he is a very skilled boxer on his way up. Similarly to Lejarraga, highly ranked in three organisations. Was told by the IBF to box an eliminator against Jessie Vargas, which he immediately accepted. Vargas did not even make a public response...

Alternatively, the eight spot could go to someone coming up from the 140 division.

The format with boxers 1 to 4 being US fighters also means every quarter final would be between a US fighter versus a non-US fighter, and all four would probably think they have a good chance to progress. This could prove essential for the lot to accept the tournament format.

DAZN currently has the rights to show WBSS in the US, but unless a tournament is arranged, I doubt we'll see a unified champion in the 147 division for a long time to come. For the sake of the fans, such a tournament must be arranged 2019/20.

Comment

Spence is the top 147 pounder by default...Sometimes unified and was the top dude...KB was number two until Spence punched him in the eye and took his belt and position...then Sometimes ran off and has yet to return leaving Spence the throne by default...you can’t just give the ish to Bud...it don’t work like that...he gotta beat somebody and right now that somebody at 147 is Spence

Comment

we shall see, thurman needs to get back in the ring

Comment

I love the fact that Spence is willing to get in the ring with anyone at 147, he's a big WW as well, I think in the end, it'll be Spence vs Crawford for the # 1 spot at WW, that's a close fight to me.

Comment

Why call out the disabled guy? Bud's been calling out Spence, Arum too. Has Spence been listening? Crawford vs Spence is the biggest fight in the WW division after Money vs Pacman II. And Spence, the, "he fights on the other side of the street" reason doesn't count. The other side of the street guys have expressed willingness to work it out.

Comment

[QUOTE=Mikedadon;19213942]
                    Originally posted by JohnCastellanos View Post
                    Duck Tales woohoo![/QUOTE

Thats a legendary song lol
                    Yuup Uncle Scrooge Mcduck

Comment

Kell brook was hella good at 147 but he really was damn near a 154 fighting at 147 now Kell brook needs to stop fighting after beating Khan that orbital bone injury is no joke but Kell brook isn't nearly as talented as Crawford is stronger yea quicker more technical with the ability to switch southpaw and orthodox like its none no Crawford can do all that

Comment

Working...
                      X