Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Spence: I'm Now #1 at 147, Keith Thurman Must Face Me!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
    From what I heard, 175 was basically a lock for season 2 until Kovalev pulled out at the insistence of Kathy Duva. If that’s true, then Arum and Haymon has their LHW fighters in the tournament and Duva is the reason we don’t see that tournament.
    Maybe... but I can only see them agreeing to it if Crawford and Spence are basically given walkover's to the final. Unless Thurman's fully fit, it'd probably happen anyway.

Comment

The state of the welterweight division in 2018 is unprecedented. So many talented fighters unwilling or afraid to fight each other. The only fighter who has forced fights and has tried to fight everyone is Porter and he is not even the most talented fighter at 147. Thurman refuses to fight anymore, Spence refuses to make any noise or try and force anyone to fight him, Garcia only fights good fighters when he is forced to and has no choice. Bud seems like he wants to fight the best, but he is with Top Rank. Hell no one even has the guts to fight an over the hill Paqman. This generation of fighters just do not seem to have the same competitiveness as previous ones.

Comment

Shawn Porter, where you at? Don't forget:

September 10, 2018:

Errol Spence Jr. laughed awkwardly after delivering his departing message to Shawn Porter early Sunday morning.

The unbeaten IBF welterweight champion might’ve been uneasy saying something so brash publicly to someone he respects, but he obviously isn’t completely convinced Porter wants to fight him next. Just before they left the interview room at Barclays Center, Spence told Porter, “Don’t duck me, son.”

https://www.boxingscene.com/errol-sp...me-son--131677

PBC, time to make some announcements...ASAP! We saw the new deals with SHO and FOX, so let's get it!

Comment

Originally posted by Mindgames View Post
          But Thurman isnt active, Crawford is. Errol not acknowledging what the public want.
          Crawford also considers Thurman #1, he's said it publicly multiple times. They both want Thurman instead of each other for some reason.

Comment

The #1 guy is the guy everybody still wants to fight. The 'get back year' and turned into a setback year, but we still on the get back track.

Comment

Originally posted by djb914 View Post
              It needs to be settled in the ring, Crawford Vs Spence is #1 for now.

Keith Thurman HIMSELF said he wants a tuneup or 2 before fighting the top guys, but certainly at his best, he should fight the Crawford Vs Spence winner for the right to be called #1

I pick Crawford to beat either, but I have been wrong many times as have most people, so in the ring is where it needs to be settled, not peoples opinions.
              Speak for yourself
              I've never been Wrong in my Crawford and Thurman picks

Comment

You out yo mind crawford haven't been treated hell the guys he fought was deli workers

Comment

Crawford and Spence talk about being #1, but are fighting Benavidez, Kavaliauskas, Ocampo, and Collazo. Thurman hasn't fought in 2 years. Porter and Garcia are B-level fighters.

This division sucks.

Comment

i thiNk CraWfoRd anD SpeNcE shOuLd fiGhT nOw aNd wiNNeR deStroYs ThuRmAN wHeNeVeR hE reAdy......juSt doNt thiNk ThuRmAn oN saMe leVeL aS thoSe 2.....

Comment

Originally posted by R.KHLMS4LIFE View Post
                      Really I see Crawford as the best at 147 with errol Spence a very very close 2nd n Thurman 3rd

Kell Brook beats everyone on Crawford resume since fighting at 147 (actually he beats everyone on Crawford resume, period) and Spence stopped him.

Comment

Working...
                      X