Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Way more than half the Wilder/Fury tix have been sold.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dontbeahater View Post
    He's right but math is not strong for the UK ppv fans so no more numbers.
    US ppv and tickets are way more expensive for boxing fights than the UK.
    2 is greater than 1. 3 is greater than 2....you get the pt.
    Done!
    so how many tickets has the wilder fury fight sold ? 8k out of 19k....don't that tell you something right there dummy lol
    People will not pay out huge amounts for bum fights havent you learnt that yet ?

Comment

• Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
      300k for a this PPV would be very solid, don't get it twisted. Only fighters doing those types of numbers here were Mayweather/Pacman/Canelo. None of the GGG fights on PPV not involving Canelo came close to that number, and same for both Ward/Kovalev fights. Remember, even if it does 300k, it will still generate over $11 million in revenue just off the PPV. You would have to do damn near 850k-900k UK buys to reach that number.

I've said all along they should gun for 300k-350k range. Not impossible, but interested in seeing if this fight catches fire as we get closer or not. When is the All Access episode supposed to air?
      a major heavyweight world title fight with a 300k audience is pathetic and as i said with only 50% of fight tickets sold that is also appalling which ever way you spin it.
      Lets see if even 300k buy it and when they start reducing fight tickets and giving them out.
      Joshua and klitchko both took home 21 million dollars each and the gate was 11 million and box office buys were 1.8 million.
      Wilder fury is embarrasing compared to them number lol

Comment

• Originally posted by yammy25 View Post
        300k buys at 75 dollars would tie this on PPV revenue with the UK for joshuas last fight against povetkin.
        The point people forget is many people in the UK would pay more than they already do to watch an AJ PPV...

Hearn could charge £25 or £30 and people would buy it still.. maybe not as much but it would be offset by increased PPV.

If that arena has.. 14k in it, with an average ticket price of what..500 dollars? (generous) it still doesnt do what joshuas gates do in the UK with a much higher attendance but lower median ticket prices.

Argue semantics all you like, but this fight does not and will not generate the revenue from FANS and PPV BUYS that joshua does.

Relying on a site fee to put your WBC HW champion on the same financial plinth as Joshua is ****ing weak
        Who is arguing Wilder is a bigger star than Joshua though? There is a route for this fight to generate as much as say Joshua/Povetkin, but that will take the PPV doing around 350k US buys and 500k UK buys. I am totally ignorant to how PPVs work in Russia, so not sure if a network bought rights to the fight or put it on PPV.

Comment

• Originally posted by The plunger man View Post
          a major heavyweight world title fight with a 300k audience is pathetic and as i said with only 50% of fight tickets sold that is also appalling which ever way you spin it.
          Lets see if even 300k buy it and when they start reducing fight tickets and giving them out.
          Joshua and klitchko both took home 21 million dollars each and the gate was 11 million and box office buys were 1.8 million.
          Wilder fury is embarrasing compared to them number lol
          Okay, so what exactly are you arguing here? Who says Joshua isn't the bigger star here? Who is comparing this fight to Joshua/Klitschko?

And no, 300k US buys is absolutely not embarrassing. Start putting PPVs in the UK at this price point and lets see how many buys fights get there. Maybe Joshua is a big enough star that he still hits a million buys, but if that is the case then Hearn has been doing his client a disservice as A LOT of money is being left on the table.

Comment

• Seems like they didnt even open the upper floor? So the arena is not set up for the full 21-22k that it can hold but only for about ~12-13k? To be honest thats really poor, Wilder doesnt have alot of fans. A couple pretenders here on this forum hating on AJ dont make you an actual fan who supports Wilder.

Comment

• Originally posted by yammy25 View Post
              300k buys at 75 dollars would tie this on PPV revenue with the UK for joshuas last fight against povetkin.
              The point people forget is many people in the UK would pay more than they already do to watch an AJ PPV...

is
              There in lies the main problem here. Joshua vs Povetkin was a mandatory challenge and although Povetkin was no3 in the world he wasn’t really a good marketable opponent. Not speaking good English and not being well known to casuals is a key factor.

Now compare this to a heavyweight champion vs ex heavyweight champion, two great talkers - a huge promotion campaign , etc. America vs Britain with all its history.

Fury vs wilder should be winning hands down. Now we do need to be fair though because we are suggesting this Ppv makes only 300k buys which indeed we do not know yet so we should reserve some judgement. In my view though it needs 500k minimum for wilder to move the needle at all in any negiotiations as anything below that won’t generate a big enough income vs what Joshua would bring anyway.

Comment

Okay, so what exactly are you arguing here? Who says Joshua isn't the bigger star here? Who is comparing this fight to Joshua/Klitschko?

And no, 300k US buys is absolutely not embarrassing. Start putting PPVs in the UK at this price point and lets see how many buys fights get there. Maybe Joshua is a big enough star that he still hits a million buys, but if that is the case then Hearn has been doing his client a disservice as A LOT of money is being left on the table.
                not really because greed has killed the big money in the states and if I remember rightly the mayweather pacquiao fight was 100 dollars and fight tickets were beyond affordable for true boxing supporters and then because of the stench of that fight it made people move away from PPV and boxing do no...people have seen the light now and won't be buying in the millions at 70 or 80 dollars a buy...yeah I'm pretty sure they could up the price of box office but why fix something that ain't broke...Joshua makes 21 million a fight that don't sound to bad to me lol.
                That's 10 times more than what wilder makes a fight.
                Good we cleared this up

Comment

• Originally posted by The plunger man View Post
                  not really because greed has killed the big money in the states and if I remember rightly the mayweather pacquiao fight was 100 dollars and fight tickets were beyond affordable for true boxing supporters and then because of the stench of that fight it made people move away from PPV and boxing do no...people have seen the light now and won't be buying in the millions at 70 or 80 dollars a buy...yeah I'm pretty sure they could up the price of box office but why fix something that ain't broke...Joshua makes 21 million a fight that don't sound to bad to me lol.
                  That's 10 times more than what wilder makes a fight.
                  Good we cleared this up
                  Good we cleared exactly what up?

And Mayweather/Pacquiao made people move away from PPV so much that Mayweather/McGregor priced at the same price did 4.4 million buys? It made people move away from PPV that Canelo has done over a million four times since Mayweather/Pacquiao? Huh?

I mean if Joshua could still hit a million even at triple the current price, then he is absolutely getting screwed. Why fix something that isn't broke? Well, because HE COULD MAKE THREE TIMES AS MUCH MONEY AS HE CURRENTLY IS MAKING. Something tells me while many people would still buy his PPV, it wouldn't be a million every time out and then it would Sky's ability to put on other PPVs.

Comment

And Mayweather/Pacquiao made people move away from PPV so much that Mayweather/McGregor priced at the same price did 4.4 million buys? It made people move away from PPV that Canelo has done over a million four times since Mayweather/Pacquiao? Huh?

I mean if Joshua could still hit a million even at triple the current price, then he is absolutely getting screwed. Why fix something that isn't broke? Well, because HE COULD MAKE THREE TIMES AS MUCH MONEY AS HE CURRENTLY IS MAKING. Something tells me while many people would still buy his PPV, it wouldn't be a million every time out and then it would Sky's ability to put on other PPVs.
                    what about the wards and kovalevs ..the canelos vs the smiths.
                    People will pay more over here for watching joshua box but it works well now and unlike your country where every big fight they get screwed over the price off ppv.
                    Most of canelos buys are mexican heritage and only when he fights other world stars he does a million so don't exagerate.
                    As for mayweather 90% of buys were from MMA fans not boxing so again your trying to spin it...the fight was a novelty and more of a circus show than it actually being a boxing fight.
                    300k is piss poor for a world heavyweight championship fight no matter how you try and spin it

Comment

ppv is dying duck and just watch how many people actually buy the fury wilder fight....i doubt it even makes 300k in the day and age when its easy to buy a 10 dollar stream.
                      Why has HBO left the building ?

Comment

Working...
                      X