Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: Canelo/DAZN Deal Will End PPV Boxing In the United States

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boxing90 View Post
    With this deal its going to hard to pay 80$ for FMJ to come back and (outbox) pac again or whoever he decides to fight... when you can watch Canelo for damn near free!
    I agree. $9 for a Canelo fight is highway robbery. Sign me up

Comment

Hopefully the streaming quality improves and is reliable enough! that's key for the success of this brand. If they can really achieve that then I'm all for it, last time I used the app I was disappointed by the bad streaming quality and lagging, hopefully they can get that in order.
      Last edited by Dip_Slide; 10-17-2018, 02:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by -Antonio- View Post
        I hope Arum takes note. No one wants to see Crawford on PPV.
        Yeah man, Love "Bud" but as a PPV attraction Vs. His options on Top Rank will 100% be a hard sell. (Yes, I'm aware of his ESPN #'s)

Unless Top Rank seeks out the unseen force know as AL for a "Mash-Up".
        And get us "Bud" Vs. PBC

Comment

I’m starting to lose interest in pbc/ Mayweather Promotions. Pbc has had so many times to capitalize on big fights and failed. For example Haymon Should of put Khan Garcia2 in the UK when he had the chance. Some of the moves he makes just has me scratching my head. So many missed opportunities.

And Floyd should just sell Badou Jack and Tank. He doesn’t want to be a promoter.

Comment

Originally posted by THEFRESHBRAWLER View Post
            Hating? They have been talking about that fight for a week now. Canelo just announced his deal today
            And canelo has had the shine for over a month
            Sissy azz Floyd can’t take it
            It’s fawking hilarious

Comment

Everything sounds good but how many sports bars and restaurants can you go to that will be streaming DAZN or ESPN+? Not that many that's for sure and I have yet to find one. ESPN+ and DAZN are pretty much alienating plenty of customers that enjoy going to to watch a fight at their local sports bars. You are pretty much forced to stay home and watch it there. Sports bars are pretty much setup to show their live sports via satellite tv or cable providers. Are they willing to change their whole setup and switch to smart tvs or attached streaming devices to every tv? Will their internet connection be able to handle 10+ tvs streaming live simultaneously without any buffering? Seems like too much work and money for restaurants to make a switch for 2 Canelo fights a year when the more popular sports and Showtime boxing can be seen with the current model every sports bar in America has now.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
                And canelo has had the shine for over a month
                Sissy azz Floyd can’t take it
                It’s fawking hilarious
                Wasn’t Canelo and GBP the one who wrote that girly 3 page letter begging the fans to boycott Floyd fight? Then turned around and challenged the guy he was fighting. Nothing more gáy/hating than that lol. I’m sure Floyd hasn’t forgot about that either.

Comment

For PPV fights on an app, I would gladly pay $10 a month, pretty good idea if it pans out.

Comment

This would make sense if we didn't have 4 of the largest PPVs ever in the last 3 years lol The infrastructure around PPV has never been stronger especially with social media as a distribution channel.

Last 3 years...
                    4.6M - Floyd/Manny
                    4.3M - Floyd/Conor
                    2.5M - Conor
                    1.6M - Conor
                    1.3M - Canelo
                    1.1M - Canelo
                    1M - Canelo

DAZN isn't a threat to PPV. People will always pay for events. That's just life.

DAZN is going after ESPN's 85M subs, many of whom hate their cable bundles.

This isn't about PPV, but I dont expect boxing people to understand this fully lol

Comment

Originally posted by filup79 View Post
                      Everything sounds good but how many sports bars and restaurants can you go to that will be streaming DAZN or ESPN+? Not that many that's for sure and I have yet to find one. ESPN+ and DAZN are pretty much alienating plenty of customers that enjoy going to to watch a fight at their local sports bars. You are pretty much forced to stay home and watch it there. Sports bars are pretty much setup to show their live sports via satellite tv or cable providers. Are they willing to change their whole setup and switch to smart tvs or attached streaming devices to every tv? Will their internet connection be able to handle 10+ tvs streaming live simultaneously without any buffering? Seems like too much work and money for restaurants to make a switch for 2 Canelo fights a year when the more popular sports and Showtime boxing can be seen with the current model every sports bar in America has now.
                      Eddie is just talking nonsense. PPV will be around for the foreseeable future.

Comment

Working...
                      X