Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DAZN here I come!!!

Comment

• It really isn't that difficult...
      Dazn have a broadcasting deal with matchroom. Matchroom is owned by the Hearns.
      The deal is for Matchroom to put on boxing shows for the platform.

As Matchroom took a gamble on joining a company when it was not known at all, putting its fighters on there and helping raise it's profile. Using their contacts to bring fights that are on Sky to that platform. A company that has vast power and one of the biggest companies in the world.
      Do you really think there would be no exclusivity with that deal?

If there wasn't why would Matchroom want any part of it? Why would Sky want any part of it? These companies don't do anything unless they have exclusivity. And if they don't offer that they generally don't get picked up and get black balled.

I hate Hearn with a passion and all of the promoters. But to think that Matchroom have no exclusivity on Dazn is delusional. The moment they are competing with other companies in their fields on Dazn they would pull the plug. There would be nothing in it for them. Simply because they already have their own platforms they can use.

Comment

• Don't care about GBP or Hearn but if you tell me I can have all their cards on an app and pay $10 a month, I am all the way in. If it's $20, I'm still in. I just want decent cards every weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
          Was exclusive to DAZN? Once again, please tell me why DAZN would do that. They could have given this type of deal to plenty of other promoters. Hearn didn't have leverage here. Not like he had the best stable every network was after. That simply wasn't the case.
          Hearn opened the door for it to come to fruition, he pioneered the whole thing.(Not literally but you understand what I'm trying to say.)

They are 100% loyal to each other, anyone who comes to DAZN is not to going to get more for their stable then Hearn. Canelo was special, because he's Canelo. The biggest draw in boxing right now, that's the only reason why the exclusive thing went out the window. I'm assuming they worked it out in a way to make them all happy. Hearn isn't going to give away his exclusivity without getting something in return, that's not how negotiations work, especially when a new deal is being set in place.

Comment

• I don't dislike DAZN. I don't care for promoters, their job is spin, and the Hearn cultists are frustrating because they don't seem to understand this, but I don't dislike Eddie enough to wish a platform fails.

Let's see how well Canelo actually does on the platform before we jump for joy or gnash gnarled teeth. This is more a measuring stick for how well the platform itself can do then Eddie Hearn through the platform. Eddie promotes Joshua, Joshua did not do well by any of the rumors I've read but I don't think I've seen official numbers. Golden Boy promoted Canelo. If Canelo does well and the rumors about Joshua only doing in the tens of thousands are true it just means GB can promote well enough for their fighter to draw through an unknown stream service and Eddie was able to buy some time with that.

I'm curious if Canelo can carry DAZN or if this is just another case of a high profile fighter being paid to fight on a platform no one is watching. I fail to see how this is a major boon for Eddie, seems like if has to attach himself to other promotions fighters and work then he's going to continue to struggle regardless. If Canelo isn't enough to bring DAZN to american eyes then they need to shift gears and focus more on fluff then content. Eddie's good a fluff.

Or what the **** do I know. I'm probably the only person on this site that's signed television contracts, leased my likeness, and know how to get paid by Showtime. I'm sure most of you have a better grasp of things from having watched loads of boxing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kezzer View Post
              Whyte chisora 1 was arguably the best of the year. It’s one of the top heavyweight fights to the decade, it just didn’t have any silverware on the line!

We both know their style of fighting so it’s hard to see a different outcome for any 2nd fight! I would expect another absolute war’
              Left a bad taste in my mouth since I had Chisora winning (comfortably if I recall) so I have no interest in seeing that again.

Comment

• How many times can I get that free trial?

Comment

• This gonna boost Hearns like a MF

Comment

• Originally posted by CinderelliMan View Post
                    Well then.... Did Eddie just make DAZN a winner? Seems like he has the 2 most marketable fighters in boxing under his banner.
                    Canelo isn't under his banner, are you an idiot?

DAZN will be streaming his fights, wtf do you seen any details about Hearn signing him to a promotional contract?

Just be quiet

Comment

• Originally posted by lolpz View Post
                      Eddie Hearn is SCREAMING with joy.

Caught an extremely lucky break here, even if he's not included in the deal, this is HUGE for him.
                      How so?

After all of his bluster, all that he's been able to lockdown for Matchroom USA has been Demetrius Andrade, I believe Jessie Vargas, "Albanian Bear" Reshat Mati and a few other prospects, and co-promoter deals for no longer than two fights with basically anyone else.

Eddie Hearn thought he could come with his rep from the UK, flash enough money at Haymon fighters, and get the talent for DAZN.

Haymon's fighters largely laughed in his face, and now Oscar De La Hoya has his own direct deal with the parent company of DAZN to feature Saul Alvarez and the rest of his roster (JoJo Diaz, Jaime Munguia, Ryan Garcia, Diego De La Hoya, Jason Quigley, David Lemieux, etc).

Year 2 comes around, and you're Performance Group; do you honestly go forward with locking in the rest of that billion dollar initial deal, or would you rather scrap that, buy the Matchroom Sport US TV rights for the content as they come up, and then build your US sports app around Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez, the sport's biggest star, and his US-based co-promoter?
                      Last edited by Scipio2009; 10-17-2018, 12:48 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X