Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Crawford-Benavidez ESPN Show Averaged 2.245 Million Viewers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crazy number for an entire show. I wonder what the fights did individually. The thing about HBO and Showtime is that they release ratings for individual fights (opening bell through the result being announced). ESPN, FOX, NBC, etc. provide the average rating for the entire telecast start to finish. This leads to inflated ratings for HBO and Showtime.

Comment

Great numbers long may it continue boxing is booming

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
        Crazy number for an entire show. I wonder what the fights did individually. The thing about HBO and Showtime is that they release ratings for individual fights (opening bell through the result being announced). ESPN, FOX, NBC, etc. provide the average rating for the entire telecast start to finish. This leads to inflated ratings for HBO and Showtime.
        Well there's also differences in platform views v. live views. So we could parse numbers a lot of ways lol

The premium cable networks often release weekly platform views for their content, but we haven't seen that for boxing in a long time. The content should really be assessed relative to the networks business model, but then that takes us into a whole new world of understanding the ratings lol just my initial reaction to your point, not debating

Comment

This should convince then to stop putting Crawford on the app.

Comment

Those are good numbers. I'm glad they tuned in for a entertaining fight.

Comment

Originally posted by killakali View Post
              Why? Fox and nbc couldn’t do when pbc had big fights on both networks and they are in a lot more homes than ESPN.

Hell the Alabama game didn’t even have 4 million viewers
              Could of swore Spence did 6.3 million views on NBC...

Comment

They are good numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
                  thats true. They could have lost viewers during the delay between fights.

Comment

Folks first watched Alabama beat up on Missouri and then stayed up to watch Bud beat up on Benavidez.

Comment

Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
                      Well there's also differences in platform views v. live views. So we could parse numbers a lot of ways lol

The premium cable networks often release weekly platform views for their content, but we haven't seen that for boxing in a long time. The content should really be assessed relative to the networks business model, but then that takes us into a whole new world of understanding the ratings lol just my initial reaction to your point, not debating
                      hrah. Do. How many more hundreds of thousands of views did they get by people watching on espn deportes or streaming on the app?

Comment

Working...
                      X