Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Crawford-Benavidez ESPN Show Averaged 2.245 Million Viewers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by teamindividual View Post
    brits might need to find more hobbies
    You very jealous because they like real sport and not some fake football

Comment

The commercials were annoying tho

Comment

Originally posted by THEFRESHBRAWLER View Post
        Man we’re in trouble if boxing can’t draw at least 5 million of ESPN subscribers.
        Why? Fox and nbc couldn’t do when pbc had big fights on both networks and they are in a lot more homes than ESPN.

Hell the Alabama game didn’t even have 4 million viewers

Comment

Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
          I wonder if ESPN would do better #s if they stopped airing main events at midnight eastern time. That's an even later start time than most ppv main events.
          I agree but locking it down with college football is smart to hold viewers. Out of the 4M Alabama game viewers, they were able to hold in 2.4M of them. That's not bad.

Apparently the ratings in Alabama were the largest in the country for the fight. Which makes sense considering the lead in programming.

ESPN will be very happy with this figure.

Comment

Originally posted by killakali View Post
            Why? Fox and nbc couldn’t do when pbc had big fights on both networks and they are in a lot more homes than ESPN.

Hell the Alabama game didn’t even have 4 million viewers
            I think even the most competitive fights on FOX will register no more than 3.5M viewer averages. (Peak audiences could get close to 5M though)

However FOX will be very happy with anything over 2M on average.

Comment

Props to TR and Bud

Those #s are legit

That’s a advantage TR has with ESPN they can arrange their schedule and have strong lead in ls to the fight

Regardless that’s a good #

Comment

If funny to see how a lot of people come to this comment thread to argue about how many people watched the fight! Why do some people even watched boxing? Fake fans continuously look for reasons to complain! Crawford is not a ppv star but his brand is growing bigger! Other than Canelo, no other top fighter is doing big numbers on ppv! Most have never even headlined a ppv card! Props to Crawford!

Comment

Great numbers! especially considering that crawford's opponent is a nobody.

Comment

Impressive numbers. Not too far off the average of 2.8 million that tuned into ESPN for Pacquiao/Horn.

Comment

Originally posted by True That View Post
                      I don't like ESPN's set up for boxing. I don't like the production. I definitely have Showtime and DAZN as better set ups and production for their boxing platforms.

I know ESPN gets way more viewers because it's part of cable TV and not a premium channel. But just production and set up wise, I much prefer the way Showtime and DAZN do their boxing shows.
                      The main problem I have with boxing on ESPN is how much filler and dead air there is between bouts. It makes it really frustrating to watch

Comment

Working...
                      X