Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Manny priced himself out from Crawford fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Biolink View Post
    You're only worth as much as someone is willing to offer and/or negotiate.

Manny isn't bringing in the money he used to, so I don't think Bob was obligated to pay him 20 or Crawford.

Algieri fight was before he lost to Mayweather and Horn. His profile has declined since then.
    manny against algieri is no different than the manny now. only thing is that bob was willing to pull strings to make that fight happen. even in the 3rd fight against bradley (when pac lost to floyd already), he still made $20 mil!!! that manny is no different than the manny today.

Comment

Manny isn't bringing in the money he used to, so I don't think Bob was obligated to pay him 20 or Crawford.

Algieri fight was before he lost to Mayweather and Horn. His profile has declined since then.
      manny vs algieri = bob was willing to work and pull strings to make this fight because pac is still consider bob's only cash cow. they wanted to make manny look good so they can have leverage for future fights by promoting it as a new manny.

manny vs crawford = end of pac's contract with top rank. pac wasnt looking to re-sign. all the signs were there. why would arum pull strings to make this fight happen and award pac with $20 mil when manny is leaving right after that fight?

like i said, if arum wanted to make pac vs crawford, it would have been done! you're telling me top rank and arum wont be able to promote a pac vs crawford fight to the public??

you telling me crawford being seen as a better fighter than floyd and also is still undefeated cant be promoted right???

Comment

history shows that fighters who were signed to arum and is leaving him, never ends well. arum will not grant them what they want.

manny pricing himself out would be asking for $50 mil.. aside from the floyd fight, this is an amount he has never got from a single fight alone. that would be consider "pricing" himself out.

but he asked for $20 mil, which is along the line of what he's been getting for his fights! how is this consider pricing himself out when that's what he was getting thru out his career?

Comment

you cant price yourself out when you asked for a purse that you've been getting!!!

pricing yourself out would be to ask for a purse that you have never even got. for example, broner asking for $100 mil for pac or floyd. that's pricing yourself out!

Comment

After Crawford vs Benavidez it's clear Pacquiao has nothing to fear or duck in a bout with Crawford. also Manny doesn't have to do a damn thing. he could fight Berto three times if he feels like and I'm good with it. Pac paid the cost to be the boss. he's a triple OG. Crawford still has baby nuts in this boxing game. same with Floyd. those two guys don't have sht else to prove.

Comment

Pacquiao would have given Crawford his first loss. But Bob Arum kept protecting the Omaha native from harm's way.

HBO wanted Crawford vs Matthysse (GBP), Arum said no and gave Postol to Oscar, instead. HBO was forced to feature 2 foreign fighters who nobody knew existed with a heavy heart.

HBO then wanted Pacquiao vs Crawford. Arum said no again, and he gave Vargas, instead.

Crawford is not even that big. He's only 5'8". I watched his fight with Dierry and kept thinking if that was Pac, Crawford would have been dropped on his ass.

Comment

Terrence Coward-ford the racist anit-Mexican protected inbred rat , ducked Manny Paquiao & the 100% version of Jose Benavidez for years.

He's got the complexion for the protection!

Comment

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
                  I mean... you can’t price yourself out if you’re the A side lol.

I dont think anyone really believes that he priced himself out of anything outside the Floyd fight at some point (which was arguable as well).

Pac is by FAR the cash cow of the 147 pound division. Doesnt mean he’s the best, but he is the money maker and everyone wants to be the guy to put him over and “inheret” the torch of sorts.

I honestly dont even care who Manny fights at this point. Glad to see him make his money and hopefully retire without much further punishment. Ride out into the sunset. Gave us over a decade’s worth of blood and excitement.
                  Agree with all of this minus the lil boy floy bit and the part about him fighting whoever. He is/was a truly great, great fighter, it is demeaning watching him against the likes of Matthysse and...erm...Broner?

It's sad that the second richest fighter in history is fighting these guys and most likely needs the money. How do ppl like him, Tyson, probably floy, Holyfield and co lose SO MUCH MONEY?

Anyway, he should either do one big fight, a horn rematch or just retire.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
                    Agree with all of this minus the lil boy floy bit and the part about him fighting whoever. He is/was a truly great, great fighter, it is demeaning watching him against the likes of Matthysse and...erm...Broner?

It's sad that the second richest fighter in history is fighting these guys and most likely needs the money. How do ppl like him, Tyson, probably floy, Holyfield and co lose SO MUCH MONEY?

Anyway, he should either do one big fight, a horn rematch or just retire.
                    because they're still getting $20+ mil. why would anyone stop if they can still do it? most of the boxers that retired and stayed retired is because they werent making jack shiiet so there's no point in coming back! lol. floyd or manny, they can fight a known top fighter right now and will make good money. when this stops, that's when they'll retire for good.

Comment

Originally posted by REYESdelBOXEO View Post
                      Terrence Coward-ford the racist anit-Mexican protected inbred rat , ducked Manny Paquiao & the 100% version of Jose Benavidez for years.

He's got the complexion for the protection!
                      That uppercut got you emotional.

Comment

Working...
                      X