Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Crawford Breaks Down, Drops, Knocks Out Benavidez in Twelfth

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by megas30 View Post
    Hit, I don't know, man. I have played this fight over in my head. Bud has enough pop to discourage Spence bull rushing. This kinda remind me of the Mayweather/Cotto fantasy fight before the Pac era. Could not see Cotto beating May, though people claimed Cotto body attack was gonna break Mayweather's ribs. Though they fought beyond their prime, it played put exactly how i thought it would, and that is, a set puncher has a low chance of beating a counter puncher with a high IQ. Trinidad/Hopkins, Hopkins/Pavlik, Trinidad/Wright. Floyd, basically, against most bigger fighters.

The counterpuncher will just keep turning them, setting traps, forcing them to either clam up, then tee'd off or make them commit, then counter them to death.
    When you’re fighting bigger guys. You generally need to be physically extraordinary at something to overcome the bigger guy. Floyd had his defense. Manny has his speed and power that he carried up the scale. Bud is technically a very good fighter. He’s fast, but doesn’t have special speed. And he doesn’t seem to have the same pop at welterweight as he did at the lower weights.

I don’t think he has to fight a perfect fight to beat Spence. But his margin for error is definitely smaller than Errol’s. I think Bud is the more skilled of the two. But, I don’t think the gap is big enough for him to outclass Errol. And the problem I see for Bud is that he’s gonna be in with a naturally bigger guy that tactically breaks his opponents down. Bud can be hit. And he was hit to the body tonight. I think in a fight with Spence, Bud is likely to outbox Errol in the first half of the fight. But I think Bud will be on the move. And I also Errol will land enough, especially to the body, to slow Bud down in the second half of the fight. And by the ninth or tenth round, have Bud broke down enough to completely take over the fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Realboxingfan1 View Post
      for me it is a dream fight , how is it not . There young and ready or do you want them to fight when there past there prime like a Mayweather vs pac . Lol please
      It's the way it was built. Both pacquiao and mayweather were running thru weight-classes like bulldozers and dominating the best from 05(or before)-2015. Something we will never see again for a maybe a decade. The fighters today are not going to do that, so don't even compare a mandatory welterweight bout to PAC/may. That was a dream fight.
      Last edited by theman775; 10-14-2018, 01:35 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
        RD 1 Crawford 10-9 Close round though.
        RD 2 Crawford 20-18
        RD 3 Crawford 30-27
        RD 4 Benavidez 39-37 Close round
        RD 5- Benavidez 48-47 Close round
        Rd 6 Crawford 58-56
        RD 7 Crawford 68-65
        RD 8 Crawford 78-74
        RD 9 Crawford 88-83
        RD 10 Crawford 98-92
        RD 11 Crawford 108 -101
        BoxingScene's scorer and I have the same exact scorecard.

I see you, my dude.

Let me know when you need a break, I can fill in for you.

Comment

• Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
          BoxingScene's scorer and I have the same exact scorecard.

I see you, my dude.

Let me know when you need a break, I can fill in for you.
          Idk man Crawford was winning based on activity and hitting a lot of 🥊s in first half. Benavidez landed flush and harder shots in the first half. Had it for benavidez all the way until the 6.

Comment

• Originally posted by Truth Serum View Post
            Why would Loma or Crawford fight GGG or Lara?

....And Canelo lost his last 2 fights and against Lara in the eyes of millions.
            Lara lost because he wouldnt even fight.

Canelo beat GGG this last fight. Abel had no problem with the decision and when have you seen a winner run from the ring CRYING???

Comment

• Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
              Terence Crawford's hype just went up in smoke. He's good, but he's nowhere near folks have tried to put him.

50/50 for seven rounds with ****ing Jeff Horn, and now this with a one-legged Jose Benevidez Jr? Be serious
              There was nothing ever 50/50 in that fight. Horn is pure trash, stop it.

Comment

• a fun fight to watch

Comment

• He won but not impressed at Crawford. The guy is a three division champ but to say he has come to level Mayweather and Pacquiao was, nahh still nowhere near.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
                    Terence Crawford's hype just went up in smoke. He's good, but he's nowhere near folks have tried to put him.

50/50 for seven rounds with ****ing Jeff Horn, and now this with a one-legged Jose Benevidez Jr? Be serious

50/50 with Jeff Horn ? What fcking fight have you been watching turd

Comment

• Originally posted by markther View Post
                      What a lot of fans don’t know is the P4P rankings are voted on by a point system made up of boxing writers, analysts, and boxing experts. And their scoring for pound for pound rankings is based on world title wins, multi-weight titles, caliber of opponents, and manner of victories. Longevity is considered and activity in a calendar year are also taken into consideration. Fighters earn more ranking points for defeating opponents also rated in the Top 50.

Based on all the above, Canelo should be getting the most points slightly over Crawford and Lomo.
                      So I'm sure the manner of Canelo's "victories" over Golovkin won't hinder his rise to the top of the rankings? Plus many saw him losing against Lara too.

People on here downgradingCrawford because of Benavidez's knee issue. But Crawford won.

Plus P4P is not as objective as you make out. People mark on the eye test as well. In truth they have to these days because there aren't enough true contender vs true contender fights occurring.

Comment

Working...
                      X