Poll for British fans only

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
    The Chisora fight.

I don’t understand why people are so enamoured with Ortiz. It’s an American hardcore fight fan thing.

The appeal comes from him being seen as a danger man in the division. So maybe for us on here it holds interest but really there are so few perfectly matched fighters that I wouldn’t want to miss out on the rematch.

Del Boy’s motivation is iffy but for whatever reason he will turn it on for Dillian
    Americans hate Whyte because of Hearn.

They want Ortiz to spark Whyte so they can say 'imagine what Wilder would of done to Whyte' etc

This forum is all about whataboutism.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
      The Chisora fight.

I don’t understand why people are so enamoured with Ortiz. It’s an American hardcore fight fan thing.

The appeal comes from him being seen as a danger man in the division. So maybe for us on here it holds interest but really there are so few perfectly matched fighters that I wouldn’t want to miss out on the rematch.

Del Boy’s motivation is iffy but for whatever reason he will turn it on for Dillian
      i agree with this ,Eddie knows what his doin.

Comment

Next time maybe make it a public poll so we can see who voted?

I voted Ortiz. I like the Chisel bout - the first one was pretty entertaining - but it puts one of them on a downward path. Both are ranking fairly high now, Whyte is edging towards a world title shot, but if he loses to the Chisel, that's scuppered an entertaining trajectory. The guy's just UD'd an 80 year old Helenius, KO'd Lucas Browne and got a decision against Joseph Parker in a VERY exciting fight (last few rounds, at least). Shame to throw that all away.

Plus, I know what to expect against the Chisel. I had Derrick edging the fight one (no issues with the SD win though), so more of the same... unless the Chisel has lost another step, which he probably has.

The Ortiz fight, I don't know the likely outcome. That makes it interesting to me.

Comment

Originally posted by BufordTannen View Post
          You know theyre gonna vote chisora
          All dem bias brit's fink da same.

This is about casuals vs. boxing fans though. Ask the man on the street in the UK who Ortiz is, and they wouldn't have a clue. The UK heavyweight scene has a LOT of casuals attached to it right now, and they might remember a pretty exciting bout between Chisora and Whyte a couple of years back.

Comment

I wanna see both, but Chisora-Whyte II needs to be made.

Comment

The Chisora fight can wait. That rematch would be there, they can do it for April even if Ortiz beats Whyte. But if the £5m that Chisora is offering is true then I doubt they go the Ortiz way.

Comment

I'm voting chisora cause it's a grudge match and the first fight was one of the best of the year. Del boy deserves another shot too whereas Ortiz hasn't beaten anyone above bum level for quite some time. Hes living off a Bryant Jennings win which was never that great In the first place

Comment

Originally posted by Abovetheclouds View Post
                  Americans hate Whyte because of Hearn.

They want Ortiz to spark Whyte so they can say 'imagine what Wilder would of done to Whyte' etc

This forum is all about whataboutism.
                  To be honest the hate towards Whyte is more to do with Wilder.

Comment

I want to see Whyte beat Ortiz.

I like Whyte, he's a solid contender and has bags of heart... I don't think beating Chisora does anything for him at this stage of his career, but I understand the Sky casuals will buy into it. Ortiz has been made this big boogeyman by U.S/Wilder fans.... so I want Whyte to fight him and smash him to bits.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                      To be honest the hate towards Whyte is more to do with Wilder.
                      Yea probably a bit of both.

Either way. Most Americans want to see Whyte flattened.

Comment

Working...
                      X