Comments Thread For: Hall of Fame: Rafael Marquez, Yes; Ricky Hatton, No

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boksfan View Post
    Ottke is as good as Ward.
    ..and just as entertaining and willing to travel. But seriously, both were great boxers.

Comment

Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
      ..and just as entertaining and willing to travel. But seriously, both were great boxers.
      Hall of famers in your opinion?

Comment

Hall of famers in your opinion?
        I donīt have to like them to appreciate and respect what they did.. so yes.

Comment

As mentioned in several other comments, this writer is an absolute clown with no clue about boxing worldwide

Comment

Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
            I donīt have to like them to appreciate and respect what they did.. so yes.
            That depends how you look at it, if you look at paper then yeah maybe but if you look at actual fights neither deserves to be any close HOF.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockybigblower View Post
              Say what you want about Sven Ottke but don't use the excuse that he only fought in Germany....otherwise we will exclude Andre Ward for only fighting in the U.S. This is the boxing hall of fame...not the U.S. boxers hall of fame. Sven may have gotten some favourable decisions...but plenty of other boxers have done so also. None of his decisions were wide enough to shout obscene robbery ala a Canelo/Mayweather score or CJ Ross scorecard. Given that he didn't have any real type of power...he survived a long time. Champions say they wouldn't go to Germany for fear of being robbed...but if they genuinely believed he was an easy outing they would have gone. Truth is he was never an easy outing. Lack of highlights aside...he was a great boxer who had an unblemished record.
              You know nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by vitali1999 View Post
                Jackson and Ottke are the only ones from that top ten that I would pick. All the others didn't do enough. Taylor could have been had he stayed in a lower weight class where he belonged
                Do you know anything about Ottke at all or did you just look at boxrec.

Comment

That depends how you look at it, if you look at paper then yeah maybe but if you look at actual fights neither deserves to be any close HOF.
                  Tbh I havenīt seen that much of either and I donīt know the criteria of HOF. Those two just had great careers, even tho both needed some assistance from judges to keep that "0". The problem with HOF, P4P, ATG etc is itīs always subjective so itīs kinda pointless to argue.

Comment

Ricky will get in, he was considered the best at 140 for a while, unified before moving up and winning another world title at 147, and yeah, he lost his two biggest fights, but that doesn't take away from what he had already accomplished.

Comment

Gatti, Hamed and Haugen are in the hof. You could make a solid argument for damn near anyone mentioned in this article to be in the hof if you compare their careers to those 3.

Comment

Working...
                      X