Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum: If They Don't Want To Discuss Crawford-Spence - Just F*** Off

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wonder if Spence will try what Kell Brook did and go to 160 to fight GGG I think if he could pull that off that'll grow his brand big time. ( I don't expect that to ever happen just a dream fight)

Comment

Originally posted by AdonisCreed View Post
      I wonder if Spence will try what Kell Brook did and go to 160 to fight GGG I think if he could pull that off that'll grow his brand big time. ( I don't expect that to ever happen just a dream fight)
      Why would he fight GGG? GGG has nothing to offer Spence. Now moving up to fight Canelo is something else as Canelo is the money man and the true champ at 160

Comment

It should be pretty obvious by now that networks won't work together unless its a big PPV fight. Spence vs Crawford is a much bigger fight than Russell vs Loma and both guys will demand more money than those guys did at the time. Also, while boxing fans want it, they need to capture the mainstream public's attention first which happens over time. Spence himself said this fight will happen after he cleans out his side of the street which would mean facing Crawford to unify the division. Realistically, I would bet this fight doesn't happen until late 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by gbonafide View Post
          Horse****. Al is a promoter masquerading as an advisor. Bob would make that fight in a heartbeat. Ever since the PBC was launched the only time Al works with someone else is if it’s a mandatory situation or if he’s not putting up the money and his fighter stands to make a lot of money. This is fact. Top rank has worked with a lot of other promoters over that same period of time.
          One example of bob stopping the biggest fight in history....This was in 2009 when T.B.E. offered #48 the fight. The 1st 47 seconds says it ALL.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQsHMN1B_bg

Comment

Originally posted by The Akbar One View Post
            Haymon had no issue with Russell Jr. fighting Lomachenko. Why would he have an issue with Spence fighting Crawford? Arum is just being crabby, and Crawford isn't very smart, re-signing with the guy that clearly favors Lomachenko over him. Crawford gets stuck on some app, while Loma gets put on primetime ESPN. Crawford knew that Arum had no stable at welterweight. That's on him. Arum talking **** about Haymon won't help the fight happen, and Arum need not act like he hasn't frozen other promoters out before.
            I hear what you are staying but Crawford vs Benavidez will be on ESPN and not ESPN+. Just saying
            http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/i...e-benavidez-jr

Comment

Originally posted by johnnyblazz View Post
              Translation: I don’t want to make Crawford vs. Spence, I don’t even want to talk about it. Just F*** off and let us fight bums
              Exactly. The Top Rank bunboy model goes like this: sign to fight bums, act like they want good fights, never attempt to negotiate, hope everyone thinks they're being ducked(Top Rank shills and bunboys believe of course), and fight more bums.

Comment

this isn't as big as Floyd-pac or as small as some other joint haymon-arum fights; which is what makes this fight hard to consummate. Arum should try a lower guy first, like Danny Garcia, see if it gets the ball rolling

Comment

Yea Right Floyd and Pac did it with different networks we all know it's PPV worthy, let both network provide it and share the proceeds,...?!?

Comment

Originally posted by 10lbs View Post
                    Bob is already trying to not make this fight Crawford could've fought Spence this month, Benavidez hasn't done nothing to get a title shot he could've waited! This is a meaningless fight, He can talk with EJ direct he doesn't have a promoter, AL is a manager/advisor stop bringing him up like he's a bump In the road. Bud Crawford has only fought non title holder Haymon fighters cause Bob doesn't like to pay top fighters. The writer is a liar Crawford never won a title @130
                    Lets not pretend that Al doesn't call the shots over there. Anyone fighting under that PBC banner is promoted and works for Al Haymon. You'd be a fool to believe these guys are calling their own shots and Al's "just advising". He does everything a promoter does without the official title because legally he cant be an advisor and a promoter. He found a loophole and capitalized off of it.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveAnitaSmith View Post
                      this isn't as big as Floyd-pac or as small as some other joint haymon-arum fights; which is what makes this fight hard to consummate. Arum should try a lower guy first, like Danny Garcia, see if it gets the ball rolling
                      Al will never allow Danny Garcia to fight Crawford...Al realizes this would be career ending for Danny & Pops!

Comment

Working...
                      X