Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: WBC Prez Urges Tyson Fury To Enter Testing Program For Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KnickTillDeaTh View Post
    Once a fighter is ranked with the WBC, that fighter has a 90 day window to enroll in the year round testing program. Fury's 90 days ends in November. Either way, Fury not enrolling doesn't stop the fight from happening, it just stops the WBC from sanctioning, which means if Wilder were to lose he'd retain the belt, and it would not be counted as a voluntary defense.
    Thanks for the info. I wasn't aware of the 90 day limit, or any limit on being enrolled before a fight. can't believe there isn't a rule disqualifying for them to even sanction a fight when 1 fighter is not enrolled. The whole thing is a joke obviously and they're not as serious about drugs as they claim.

Comment

struggling with paper work

He’s probably been flat out on the wild French boar and nasal spray

Comment

Sure the fight won’t fall apart based on this - but can you imagine Eddie Hearn if it did! 😆

Comment

Originally posted by THEFRESHBRAWLER View Post
          Shocked that a fighter would cheat to try to beat Wilder? That’s a typical occurrence it seems like. They all cheat when they find out their facing him
          A guy who has always confidently felt he could beat a fighter who was never considered better than him by anyone, would think he needs to cheat to beat this same fighter?

You're funny.

Comment

I bet all involved wish this hadn't come to light. Potential fight-killer.

Comment

Originally posted by KnickTillDeaTh View Post
              First let me say that I agree, people are acting as if Fury is not being tested, when that is not what Sulaiman said.

Neither fighter is required to enroll in advance testing, however they are both required to enroll in the VADA year round testing if they are WBC champ, or ranked in the top 15. So, it doesn't really matter where, or what Fury is currently enrolled in, he has to get that paperwork in and get this fight sanctioned. The WBC title on the line makes this fight bigger, and with out it, some of the luster is lost.

Unless you were making a point that Fury is being tested on par with Wilder so stop overreacting as if he's not, then I guess disregard my post, lol.
              Yeah, that's all I'm saying. I know that Fury can't fight for the WBC title unless he enrolls in the CBP.

Comment

Originally posted by SUBZER0ED View Post
                Wilder refused to fight Povetkin when he tested dirty. He admonished Ortiz and dared him to test dirty after his earlier failed tests. Yet somehow Fury, who has also tested dirty and served a suspension, wasn't required to enter VADA testing before Wilder signed to fight him? So, there's a possibility that Fury won't be able to fight for Wilder's belt, but this is supposed to be a big PPV event. FOH.
                Hahahahaha exaaaaaactly. But Wilder fans will overlook it and praise their man endlessly. Ridiculousness

Comment

aww sht.. lets get ready for this fight to get canceled. they all cheat when facing Wilder. same will go for the bodybuilder AJ. Wilder is too scary for these UK bums.

Comment

Originally posted by SUBZER0ED View Post
                    "Fury will challenge WBC heavyweight champion Tyson Fury on December 1 at Staples Center in Los Angeles California."

Seriously, who edits this stuff?
                    Published by Boxing "Dumbass" Clever with their watertight copyediting as always. Whaddaya expect.

Comment

ah ha! an even BIGGER elephant in the room, now!

Comment

Working...
                      X