Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Fielding: Canelo Might Think It's Easy - I'll Be Ready For Him!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by livershot73 View Post
    ....you mean like Josesito Lopez?.....
    Find out what what the dialogue is about before posting so you don't look like a fool.

Comment

Originally posted by Mindgames View Post
      Vanes was a sub though wasnt he? Fielding isnt world class, the guy he won the title from wasnt world class either. Smith iced him in one round. Fielding is brave and im happy for him to get a pay day. But this is a cynical mismatch and possibly a prelude to a 161lb weight division dont you think?
      Yep, the whole world sees this as a mismatch. I don't know what strategic value Canelo and his team see in this fight, other than to generate interest in England and expand his brand in NYC. It might have something to do with HBO getting out of the boxing business and they are looking for other ways to expand Canelo's brand and make him more marketable in Europe, but I am just guessing. As you say, the good thing is that Fielding will get an unexpected big payday.

Comment

Originally posted by dukesville View Post
        Find out what what the dialogue is about before posting so you don't look like a fool.
        A fool for what, STATING A FACT?

And for the record, Yes, “Kell Brook”....so? A LOT of boxers have those types of fights on their resume...different fighters, different circumstances...some people seem to have a selective memory when it comes to hyping up their fighter, though....

Comment

Originally posted by livershot73 View Post
          A fool for what, STATING A FACT?

And for the record, Yes, “Kell Brook”....so? A LOT of boxers have those types of fights on their resume...different fighters, different circumstances...some people seem to have a selective memory when it comes to hyping up their fighter, though....
          No, not a fool for stating facts but for not understanding who I was referring to when it was obvious. Selective memory when it comes to "their fighter"?...you are a fool...

Comment

Smith was an undefeated world champion in his division regardless of what you think. Moving up in weight is always a risk simply because it is uncertain if the fighter moving up will be the same fighter he was in the lower weight. It doesn't matter if you think his opponent is good or not, who that opponent beat or who he lost to.
            Smith was not an undefeated world champion at that point, he was a prospect in hes first big fight, and he crushed Rocky. Canelo is not taking a risk, Golovkin and even Chavez were decent fights, Rocky is a domestic level fighter, Canelo fighting 4lbs above what he did against Chavez isnt a step into the unknown against a man who isnt as good as some of hes sparring partners.

Comment

Smith was not an undefeated world champion at that point, he was a prospect in hes first big fight, and he crushed Rocky. Canelo is not taking a risk, Golovkin and even Chavez were decent fights, Rocky is a domestic level fighter, Canelo fighting 4lbs above what he did against Chavez isnt a step into the unknown against a man who isnt as good as some of hes sparring partners.
              When you said Khan I thought you were referring to Liam Smith. Well if Fielding is a "domestic level fighter" whats he doing with the wba supermiddle weight WORLD title? And canelo is fighting 8 lbs above his division dont go off that bogus Chavez jr fight which was no a "decent fight".

Comment

When you said Khan I thought you were referring to Liam Smith. Well if Fielding is a "domestic level fighter" whats he doing with the wba supermiddle weight WORLD title? And canelo is fighting 8 lbs above his division dont go off that bogus Chavez jr fight which was no a "decent fight".
                Fileding won hes title from a German zeuge, who won a vacant title having beaten no one world class himself.Now, outside of Callum Smith find one man who was world class on Fieldings record. The Chavez fight may have been a joke, but only for Chavez being drained making weight, but Canelo performed nicely at 164,no reason to think he'll have any problem with Rocky who has beaten no one anywhere near the top 15 fighters in hes division. You can support Canelo all you want, but dont pretend this isn't an outrageous mismatch.

Comment

Fileding won hes title from a German zeuge, who won a vacant title having beaten no one world class himself.Now, outside of Callum Smith find one man who was world class on Fieldings record. The Chavez fight may have been a joke, but only for Chavez being drained making weight, but Canelo performed nicely at 164,no reason to think he'll have any problem with Rocky who has beaten no one anywhere near the top 15 fighters in hes division. You can support Canelo all you want, but dont pretend this isn't an outrageous mismatch. Oh and as for Liam Smith, it was also a mismatch, find one fighter that Smith had fought pre Canelo top ten or fifteen in hes division.Vacant titles dont make a fighter, if he wins it against a guy who has no names on hes record at world level at all. That's whats bogus.

Comment

Fileding won hes title from a German zeuge, who won a vacant title having beaten no one world class himself.Now, outside of Callum Smith find one man who was world class on Fieldings record. The Chavez fight may have been a joke, but only for Chavez being drained making weight, but Canelo performed nicely at 164,no reason to think he'll have any problem with Rocky who has beaten no one anywhere near the top 15 fighters in hes division. You can support Canelo all you want, but dont pretend this isn't an outrageous mismatch. Oh and as for Liam Smith, it was also a mismatch, find one fighter that Smith had fought pre Canelo top ten or fifteen in hes division.Vacant titles dont make a fighter, if he wins it against a guy who has no names on hes record at world level at all. That's whats bogus.
                    Look its clear you're mixing yourself up in your own comments. You mixed up Liam Smith with Callum Smith even though you brought Liam Smith up. You say that Fielding is a "national fighter" yet he has a world title regardless of how he got it he is not a "national fighter" anymore. You say canelo "performed nicely" at 164 (not 168) yet you admit against a weight drained Chavez. Then you say titles and rankings don't matter only resmes and circumstances...that would make someone like Golovkin look ridiculous because of how he got his titles, who he got them from and who he defended against! Remember I never said Fielding was a tough opponent I said moving up in weight is always a risk for obvious reasons and depending on the opponent its substantial or minimal.

Comment

Look its clear you're mixing yourself up in your own comments. You mixed up Liam Smith with Callum Smith even though you brought Liam Smith up. You say that Fielding is a "national fighter" yet he has a world title regardless of how he got it he is not a "national fighter" anymore. You say canelo "performed nicely" at 164 (not 168) yet you admit against a weight drained Chavez. Then you say titles and rankings don't matter only resmes and circumstances...that would make someone like Golovkin look ridiculous because of how he got his titles, who he got them from and who he defended against! Remember I never said Fielding was a tough opponent I said moving up in weight is always a risk for obvious reasons and depending on the opponent its substantial or minimal.
                      Point out where i mixed Callum and Liam Smith up please. I referenced Callum only in regards to him stopping Rocky while a prospect. I originally mentioned Liam Smith and Khan as examples of first choice easy touches Canelo has previously faced. Its you who got a bit mixed up. Lets try again. Fielding has only one fight against a guy who went on to be world class and lost in a round. Fielding won a title against a guy who won hes title without fighting one world class fighter in hes career. And since you mentioned Liam earlier i just thought id mention that he too, had never faced a world class fighter prior to Canelo. He still has never beaten one. As for Chavez, yes he was weight drained, but Canelo proved he comes in in good shape at 164,and easily beat a much larger framed, world class fighter, who still had a chin and experience light years ahead of Fielding. As Bhop and Mayweather have said numerous times, its about skills not weight at the highest levels, and Fielding still has no wins over a world class fighter.That's because he has domestic level ability, which is ok, but he doesn't have the skills chin or experience to be any danger to Canelo, a view that seems to be unanimous in the boxing community but hasn't gotten through to you yet.

Comment

Working...
                      X