No announcement yet.

"Conor would kill Floyd in a street fight."

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Johnwoo8686 View Post
    Street fights aren't 12 rounds with a ref constantly breaking you up every time you clinch. You take the gloves off and the fighter becomes faster and less restricted. Like I said there is no reason to think guys who lost to Floyd in a boxing match would beat him in the streets, with the exception of McGregor.
    Madaina , Canelo Mosley and Castillo would kill him in a street fight Oscar would too

Comment

if grappling it so great in real fight why these MMA fighters spend 80 percentage of time pretty much boxing,
      because nobody wouldn't watch if they would tho what they do best.
      that's why the rules of boxing have been made, stop wrestling happening.
      no wrestling or clinchin like the rules said.
      UFC it's just wwe taking step further, former wrestlers swinging wildly, maybe entertaining but not real sport.
      And that brawl after the fight was "just" punching, no fancy ninja moves.

Comment

To everyone saying, grappling in a street fight won't work because people will groin strike, poke eyes or bite, please watch this two minute video!

https://youtu.be/uKVErVDA0JA

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
          Madaina , Canelo Mosley and Castillo would kill him in a street fight Oscar would too
          Like I said, none of those guys could beat Floyd in a straight boxing match but somehow would beat him on the streets? Maidana is the size of Biggie Smalls when he is not fighting, just look at a recent picture of him. You mean to tell me an out of training camp Maidana would beat Floyd?
          A treadmill would beat Maidana now.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
            Grappling in the octagon and grappling in a street fight are not the same. You don't need a black belt in ju-jitsu to bite people's ears and noses, grab their testicles and squeeze, gouge their eyes, grab their fingers and bend them till they break, etc.
            People always say that ****, but it's not like someone is gonna sit there completely stationary and allow you to do any of those things. It's not easy to do any of those things when you're getting mauled by someone. People act like fighting dirty will automatically get them out of any situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnwoo8686 View Post
              Like I said, none of those guys could beat Floyd in a straight boxing match but somehow would beat him on the streets? Maidana is the size of Biggie Smalls when he is not fighting, just look at a recent picture of him. You mean to tell me an out of training camp Maidana would beat Floyd?
              A treadmill would beat Maidana now.
              Street fighting is not boxing Floyd can’t cry to the ref and say he bite me or he’s hitting me low

Comment

Wtf

Ts says Conor beats Floyd in street fight then starts thread saying khabib was wrong wtf lol

Typical mcgregor, khabib , ggg euro fans that know shiiit about the fight game.

Ts has to be a 12 yr kid using mommy’s computer.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
                  Either he rolled cool with you because you're a beginner, OR he lied about his belt colour, OR he's a bum who should give back his black belt.

Unfortunately, sometimes you can find some black belts who shouldn't even be a purple belt, some idiots lie too.

Just like you can find some pro fighters like Brian Sutherland who shouldn't even be allowed to fight as an amateur.

A black belt is supposed to white wash a blue belt and a blue belt supposed to white wash a beginner.

I'm in my first year of JJB and rolled with many guys now, never competed, and I have been boxing as an amateur and in the boxing gym for years. A real black belt, even out of shape should school you, just too many tricks and technics, much more than boxing.

JJB is a craft, all about technics, you can see some huge black guys built like NFL dudes beginning JJB and getting submitted easy by some lil whitey nerdzy teenager half their size and being a simple blue belt.

That's how powerfull JJB is.

Now, that's far from being an unbeatable style since there is no unbeatable style at all.
                  Yes, the guy I grappled with was taking easy, at first, and there was no animosity between him and me. Myself and some other boxers asked him to show us how he could use his Ju-Jitsu to control or submit an opponent, and he obliged. I volunteered myself as his first opponent because I was curious to see how I could do against him, and it turned out, I did very well.

None of the holds he tried to put me in worked because, back then, I was training hard and competing at amateur boxing and kick boxing, and I was stronger, fitter, and younger than him. Eventually, he stopped trying, and said something like .. fck, you're a strong bastard, I can't do anything with you.

I know he was a genuine black belt because he had his own dojo in my home town.

Re the strong big strong black guys getting submitted by nerds. I can see how that could happen, if they were trying to learn BJJ themselves, rather than spoiling or just using their superior size and strength in some other way.

And talking about big strong black guys .. one of the most feared men on the street in my home town back then was not a boxer or a martial artist. He was a Jamaican guy who worked doors at nightclubs and sold weed and speed to people at a bar he seemed to live in when he wasn't working doors.

He was about 6' 2", built like a gorilla, and as I personally witnessed on a few occasions, he could move like greased lightening when somebody annoyed him. Seeing him charge across a crowded room like a thunderbolt, throwing grown men around like they were sacks of straw, was quite an experience. His party trick was smashing his head through wooden doors, though I never actually saw him do that myself.

He was one guy I always made sure never to get on the wrong side of.
                  Last edited by kafkod; 10-10-2018, 02:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
                    I don't think MMA is built for grapplers, you can use most of the tricks of the striking book in the UFC, knees, elbows, hooks, uppercuts, straight punches, every sort of kicks.

JJB is a style built to control and beat a stronger man, since legs are the stronger asset of a human body, power comes from the legs, put him on the floor and he loses most of his power, then you have 1000 ways to submit and control the guy, destroy him since in a street fight there is no "tap".

Let Khabib 30 seconds more and he was killing Connor.

Now, in order to do so, you need to reduce the distance/clinch then take down the guy, those 2 steps aren't easy at all, wrestlers are the best at those 2 steps (hence why most american UFC stars are wrestlers starting with Cormier who was an olympic wrestler, even Jon Jones comes from Uni Wreslting, Lesnar and Dillashaw too).

Wrestlers will just have to reduce the distance, then you getting slammed on the floor then head punched into KO. Those guys won't let you off the hook, too strong and quick.

I think boxing is under represented in UFC because there is money in boxing unlike in wrestling and JJB.
                    The basics of present day MMA rules were drawn up by the Gracie family, who are grapplers, of course. There are a couple of rules which they introduced in order to help grapplers take down strike fighters without being punished for mistakes:

No downward strikes to the back of the head or body, and no kicks to the head of a fighter on the ground.

There are no rules in a street fight!

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
                      Street fighting is not boxing Floyd can’t cry to the ref and say he bite me or he’s hitting me low
                      It doesn't take skills to hit a guy low or bite his hand. Give me a break. Like I said, there is no legitimate proof that any of those guys would beat Floyd on the streets.

Comment

Working...
                      X