Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: I'd Love To Make Luis Ortiz vs. Dillian Whyte For Dec. 22

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hearn: I'd Love To Make Luis Ortiz vs. Dillian Whyte For Dec. 22

If Dillian Whyte (24-1, 17 KOs) needs a dance partner for December 22 - he certainly has one ready and willing, Cuban puncher Luis Ortiz (29-1, 25 KOs). A few days ago, Ortiz made it clear that he wanted a piece of Whyte - for the December 1st undercard to the heavyweight bout between Deontay Wilder and Tyson Fury at the Staples Center in Los Angeles, California.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Ortiz going to duck. His defenders will make the lame excuse that Ortiz is going fight on the Dec 1 undercard against TBA for peanuts.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
      Ortiz going to duck. His defenders will make the lame excuse that Ortiz is going fight on the Dec 1 undercard against TBA for peanuts.
      Why can't Shyte fight Ortiz on Dec. 1?

Doesn't he want exposure to an American PPV audience on the undercard of a fight for the lineal heavyweight championship of the world?

There are many subtle ways to duck an opponent. Refusing to fight 3 weeks earlier on a major show would qualify as one of them.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
        Why can't Shyte fight Ortiz on Dec. 1?

Doesn't he want exposure to an American PPV audience on the undercard of a fight for the lineal heavyweight championship of the world?

There are many subtle ways to duck an opponent. Refusing to fight 3 weeks earlier on a major show would qualify as one of them.
        Why would someone who just main event a PPV want to fight on an undercard? Ortiz has the chance to main event a PPV, he's a joke if he chooses to fight on an undercard against some bum instead.

Comment

He won't fight under Wilder's undercard as he is better off headlining his own fights. He would have the exposure when Hearn sets up a US card which happens every month anyway and he can get under one anytime he wants.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
            Why would someone who just main event a PPV want to fight on an undercard? Ortiz has the chance to main event a PPV, he's a joke if he chooses to fight on an undercard against some bum instead.
            Originally posted by Sktherealdeal View Post
            He won't fight under Wilder's undercard as he is better off headlining his own fights. He would have the exposure when Hearn sets up a US card which happens every month anyway and he can get under one anytime he wants.
            So you guys will excuse it when Shyte ducks Luis Ortiz. Good to know.

Comment

Ortiz wont take this, he’ll fight some bum on Dec 1 then get his translators to say afterwards how everybody duckin doe

Comment

Ortiz has a chance here not only to be a main event and earn big money but to put himself in prime position for fighting Joshua at Wembley in April. A no brainer if he believes in himself.

Comment

Yes we all wanna see this.

Comment

A undercard fight on the Wilder v Fury bill it would be good.Lets not forget Ortiz is still dangerous but is 358 years old and was recently hammered .So as a stand alone o2 fight I wouldn't go out of my way on PPV ! but I would for the Delboy rematch.
                    It depends what Whyte really wants to do with him career, he could get huge international exposure on the Fury bill or could get excellent UK viewing fighting Chisora = making a case for himself with A.J. or making a case v Wilder /fury winner.Lets see.Personally I think Wilder,Tyson,A.j. (again) and maybe even Del all beat him.

Comment

Working...
                    X