Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: I'd Love To Make Luis Ortiz vs. Dillian Whyte For Dec. 22

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kezzer View Post
    I don’t disagree with your last comment, although both Whyte and Ortiz could be argued as anywhere from rank3 to 10 probably - but the difference is its heavyweight and that makes it far more appealing. As much as it’s never good for a clash of Ppv - and particularly since frank puts his up first - if it is arranged same date he would be far better re-arranging in my vieW. Maybe a fight between Xmas and new year? That would do awesome numbers but I know fighters don’t ever seen to arrange fights during that period
    Ortiz being a top three heavy really shows the lack of depth at the weight, I’d be inclined slightly to agree he is potentially top three but I’m including Fury in the top three and Povetkin and Ortiz as top five with Whyte rounding out the top seven along with Parker, after that its a free for all, very unconvincing division to say the least.

The wealth of talent kicking around Frampton and Warrington it’s evidently a much deeper division.

As for more appealing, I’m not so sure their is any interest in outside of the U.K. with Whyte facing anybody, he’s an absolute unheard of I mean honestly outside of the sporting circles Wilder is relatively an unknown I’m sure Joshua and Fury are well heard of in the UK but does the name Joshua, Wilder and Fury really mean anything at all in the US outside of mainstream boxing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post
      Fans have been calling for the Chisora rematch pretty much as soon as the first one ended. It was a war from start to finish. Why wouldn't fans want to see that over Ortiz? It's the fight with the most demand whether you like it or not.
      Hearn seems somewhat reluctant why would that be ? Also why wasn’t Chisora allowed to enter the ring against Whyte after he defeated Parker, you expect if their was appeal and demand to build the fight Hearn would want the pantomime to begin. Surely they intend on a different direction for Whyte ?

The Whyte Chisora fight was two bar room brawlers slugging away no skill, if that’s what appeals then so be it but their was minimal boxing talent on display that evening. I recall two guys unable to put two successive heavy punches together which would have seen the other out of shape unconditioned bum put away.

Each to their own. I know Fury is boring but at least you can admire actual boxing talent as opposed to those two fat bums.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray* View Post
        Your excuses is Ortiz, you don’t care about boxing or Ortiz. You care only about Wilder and that’s the reason most reasonable posters have zero respect for you or your fanatics mate and views.

The only reason you are negative is because people accuse Wilder of ducking Whyte, nothing else, and that hurt you guys feelings somehow.

If you care about boxing or Ortiz then you would want him to headline his own card, why would/should Ortiz be stuck under another card when he would headline his own?

Why should Ortiz play third fiddle to Chavez jr? If the December 22 fight present itself Ortiz would make more money, headline his own card, get up better ranking for beating a highly ranked opponent in Whyte and he would fighting on his own PPV.

Tell me if Ortiz is your brother you would expect him to fight on another undercard. Am asking the “Boxing fan” in you, not the Wilder fanatics in you.

If you can look up at yourself and tell me Ortiz is better placed (Career wise) fighting TBA on another undercard as the third fight, oppose to headlining his own PPV against a guy that is ranked high by all organisations then I don’t know what to tell you.
        Shyte and Hearn's antics do annoy me but irrespective of that I've always felt Ortiz is one of the best heavyweights in the division.

Ever since he beat Jennings in more impressive fashion than Klitschko was able to.

To me it's no accident that Shyte is being kept away from that fight.

Comment

• Whats the big fuss re. Chisora rematch? Its rly not so demanded, it was a brawl with no skill! Real fans want ortiz and whyte, or ortiz parker etc... those kind of fights! Duuh!

And the 6000yo jokes are getting old, he looks 25yo in his amateur days on youtube. That was 2004 so he is indeed 38yo. Just drop the lame grandpa jokes 😤

If he is so old why no one fight him?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
            Shyte and Hearn's antics do annoy me but irrespective of that I've always felt Ortiz is one of the best heavyweights in the division.

Ever since he beat Jennings in more impressive fashion than Klitschko was able to.

To me it's no accident that Shyte is being kept away from that fight.
            Great so if you want a good HW fight between the two then if (Again a massive if) that fight presents itself for Ortiz to headline it against Whyte on his own PPV then you should want it to happen, instead of him getting stuck in another undercard fight especially under Chavez jr.

Comment

• And I would love for Fast Eddie to shut the f@ck up. This loser!

Comment

• Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
                Ortiz has already said let's get down. So Whyte should just bring it!
                Ortiz has said "Lets get down" on the undercard of Wilder/Fury, not in a main event in the UK for more money. So there lies the problem.

Whyte will bring it if Ortiz comes over and the Chisora fight isn't made.

Comment

• Originally posted by ptek View Post
                  Shut up sid knee you mug everyone on this forum knows your on the matchroom pay roll
                  & who cares who he fights just fight anyone in America and build your profile this ain't rocket ****ing science.
                  He's building his profile in the UK where it matters. Not in front of an unsold arena like Wilder fights in front of.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                    Because Whyte/Ortiz would not happen as an undercard fight. So they should care, that fight would definitely get more noise as a main event. If you are Team Whyte you would not go from headlining a PPV to fighting on an undercard of a fighter who has never headline a PPV himself. So yeah for any reasonable fan who hopes this fight happens should pray they came to a deal to headline their own card, not be stuck fighting under some Chavez v TBA as a co-main event.
                    So Whyte would turn down more money on an undercard just to be the main event against the same guy?

Comment

• Originally posted by ScottWeiland View Post
                      Hearn seems somewhat reluctant why would that be ? Also why wasn’t Chisora allowed to enter the ring against Whyte after he defeated Parker, you expect if their was appeal and demand to build the fight Hearn would want the pantomime to begin. Surely they intend on a different direction for Whyte ?

The Whyte Chisora fight was two bar room brawlers slugging away no skill, if that’s what appeals then so be it but their was minimal boxing talent on display that evening. I recall two guys unable to put two successive heavy punches together which would have seen the other out of shape unconditioned bum put away.

Each to their own. I know Fury is boring but at least you can admire actual boxing talent as opposed to those two fat bums.
                      It will either be Chisora or Ortiz next for Whyte. When that happens, it will just be something else you're wrong about.

Call them bums all you want to downplay them, but that was a war. If you didn't enjoy it, then maybe boxing isn't for you.

You didn't see two successive heavy punches put together in that fight? Maybe you're at an age where you need glasses. There was plenty.

Comment

Working...
                      X