Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do We Know What Weight Canelo vs Fielding is Happening At?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canelo picked the weakest champion at 168 for a reason I don't think he will make him come down because he doesn't have to. Canelo stops early without taking much Punishment

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
      I have no way to confirm it but I am sure it will be fought at the full 168 pounds. As you say he is fighting the weakest 168 pound champion. A guy who was recently knocked out in the first round by one of the better current 168 pound champions. By trying to win another world title in a heavier weight class Oscar's idea is to make Canelo look very good. If they try to weight drain Fielding in any way Canelo will look very bad instead.
      that happened like 7 fights ago...

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
        I have no way to confirm it but I am sure it will be fought at the full 168 pounds. As you say he is fighting the weakest 168 pound champion. A guy who was recently knocked out in the first round by one of the better current 168 pound champions. By trying to win another world title in a heavier weight class Oscar's idea is to make Canelo look very good. If they try to weight drain Fielding in any way Canelo will look very bad instead.
        It already looks bad if you know about boxing, a lot of Canelo fans don't though, he's just too popular. I wouldn't be surprised if they pull some catch weight bs.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
          Canelo picked the weakest champion at 168 for a reason I don't think he will make him come down because he doesn't have to. Canelo stops early without taking much Punishment
          Lets not forget Canelo made JCC Jr come down to 164 to fight.

Does that mean Canelo saw JCC Jr as a bigger threat then Fielding if he fights him at 168?

Comment

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
            Pretty sure its 168. Didn't the Canelo weight endeavours happen under the WBC's sanctioning? Speaking of the WBC, does this count as his voluntary, or since he aint defending his titles does he still have a voluntary in the bag? 168 vs Fielding Dec, back to 160 for Lemieux May, then something of significance in a year.
            WBC belt is not on the line so no did does not count as a volunatry defend , Canelo can now keep his WBC belt til later 2019

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
              Well do we?

And if this fight doesn't take place at 168lbs are some of you weirdos gonna chill out with all these touchdown dances over fighting the worst title holder at 168?

But mostly I'm just curious if there is some sorta confirmation this is a legit 168lb fight.
              I’m just hoping it stops with people saying that GGG was picking on a blown up welterweight

Comment

Working...
              X