Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do We Know What Weight Canelo vs Fielding is Happening At?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do We Know What Weight Canelo vs Fielding is Happening At?

Well do we?

And if this fight doesn't take place at 168lbs are some of you weirdos gonna chill out with all these touchdown dances over fighting the worst title holder at 168?

But mostly I'm just curious if there is some sorta confirmation this is a legit 168lb fight.

I've seen several sources say Canelo is moving up to 168 for this. Though, I don't think am official statement has been made regarding the weight. With this guy's history, I wouldn't be surprised if they dropped news of it being a Caneloweight fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
      I've seen several sources say Canelo is moving up to 168 for this. Though, I don't think am official statement has been made regarding the weight. With this guy's history, I wouldn't be surprised if they dropped news of it being a Caneloweight fight.
      Yea usually that'd be all I'd need to hear, BUT this is a special case cuz Canelo is Canelo & he can call this fight at w/e weight he wants.

Comment

Pretty sure its 168. Didn't the Canelo weight endeavours happen under the WBC's sanctioning? Speaking of the WBC, does this count as his voluntary, or since he aint defending his titles does he still have a voluntary in the bag? 168 vs Fielding Dec, back to 160 for Lemieux May, then something of significance in a year.

Comment

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
          Pretty sure its 168. Didn't the Canelo weight endeavours happen under the WBC's sanctioning?
          I don't think its a WBC thing. I think its a big name thing.

Speaking of the WBC, does this count as his voluntary, or since he aint defending his titles does he still have a voluntary in the bag?
          My assumption is he can fight as many times as he wants, title defense vs whoever or nah, til GGG vs Charlo happens & he has a mando fight. Or as I suspect some other mando fight is called & we got an official mando opponent for Canelo cuz I'm leaning strongly to GGG vs Charlo not happening.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
            Well do we?

And if this fight doesn't take place at 168lbs are some of you weirdos gonna chill out with all these touchdown dances over fighting the worst title holder at 168?

But mostly I'm just curious if there is some sorta confirmation this is a legit 168lb fight.

it can still be at a catchweight for the 168 lb title. anything over 160 lbs is SMW. i'm guessing they'll be at about 164 and that it will have an affect on fielding. won't matter anyway, these two are in a different class and canelo is going to tear him apart.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
              it can still be at a catchweight for the 168 lb title. anything over 160 lbs is SMW. i'm guessing they'll be at about 164 and that it will have an affect on fielding. won't matter anyway, these two are in a different class and canelo is going to tear him apart.
              Yea I'm not really saying it'll matter just curious.

Although I do think Fielding likely gives a better showing for himself at 168 (being that his career lowest weight is 167), but I wouldn't suggest the outcome is up for grabs over the decided upon weight or anything like that obviously.

Comment

162lbs...Neloweight 2.0

Comment

168 from my understanding

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                    Well do we?

I have no way to confirm it but I am sure it will be fought at the full 168 pounds. As you say he is fighting the weakest 168 pound champion. A guy who was recently knocked out in the first round by one of the better current 168 pound champions. By trying to win another world title in a heavier weight class Oscar's idea is to make Canelo look very good. If they try to weight drain Fielding in any way Canelo will look very bad instead.

Comment

Working...
                    X