Comments Thread For: Canelo Alvarez vs. Rocky Fielding on December 15 at MSG

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

.... who??????

Comment

That’s an awful fight. What’s wrong with Charlo who is mandatory and available? What’s wrong with Callum Smith I’m sure he’d take it? Unless he’s staying at 168 how can this be anything but a cherry pick?

Comment

If it was on DAZN Eddie would have put in his Tweet.

In fact, if it was on DAZN the Tweet would have read something like

“Canelo fighting live on DAZN, on 15th Dec!

Oh, against Rocky Fielding”

Comment

Originally posted by McManus View Post
          Don't be a bigdummy now.
          Name one thing I said that wasn't factual? GGG for over 5 years said he would move up to 168 instead he stayed fighting bums at 160. Canelo doing something GGG never did. 3 division champ and a new belt to add to the ones he took from GGG.

Comment

Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
            What network will this be on? Fielding is with Hearn right, so will this be on DAZN?
            HIGHLY doubt that. This is the Canelo show, he determines where this fights end up at. I'm guessing it will be the last HBO show before they bow out.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
              Could be HBO. Seems like maybe HBO is doing something in December with Munguia although I seem to recall it wasn't a NY fight so maybe not.
              Yeah it's possible since it's the last month of the calendar year of 2018. After that HBO boxing goes out of business.

Comment

I'm honestly shocked it isn't Lemieux. Like others have said, I'm fine with this as a stay busy fight, it's for a world title in his 3rd weight class. Canelo is obviously way better but Fielding is BIG. To me, the question will be what he does after the fight, go back to 160 or stay at 168?

Comment

It's on Sky Sports in the UK, but no broadcaster announced for the USA as of yet. From Eddie Hearns mouth on IFL.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
                    .... who??????
                    The guy who Callum Smith f ucked up in a round. Lol.

Canelo just wants to train and not cut much to try to be fresh. Can’t fault him for it as a stay busy.

Dont expect to see him in vs the other 168 titlists....unless he somehow had plans to unify with gilberto ramirez in Mexico for cinco de mayo? Only angle I can think of if he was planning a move.

Canelo is honestly too short and small for them but hell, if he did it props.

Comment

It's on Sky Sports in the UK, but no broadcaster announced for the USA as of yet. From Eddie Hearns mouth on IFL.

Comment

Working...
                      X