Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hearn admits his initial offers to Wilder were complete rubbish

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's get a few things straight so at least we can all argue our differing opinions from one factual baseline.

The offer that Hearn sent Wilder for a flat fee represented the lowest amount percentage-wise of ANY AJ championship opponent except for the last minute replacement Takam.

Martin, Wlad, Parker, and Povetkin ALL made more proportionally and/or all got splits.

Wilder DID actually accept the lowball offer on the condition he be THE NEXT FIGHT AJ had.

He wasn't, so that acceptance is moot and a new offer needed to be made.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
      What has Wilder done to now deserve a better offer? What has he done to now deserve a percentage split that Hearn said he didn't deserve a couple months ago? He hasn't fought since. This offer was made before a single ticket for Wilder-Fury was sold
      If you don't realise that a fight with Fury or even just the promotional tour is gonna increase Wilders stock/draw then you'd be a fool which I'm sure you're not. Bigger draw = increased negotiating power= better deal.

I do agree that the flat fee was never gonna make the fight btw just stating this is not an admission by Hearn. If Hearns plan is to delay the fight they succeeded as Wilder didn't try and negotiate it up they just cancelled meetings and said 50/50 or no fight, which is obviously throwing the fight as well.

What should have happened...

Hearn "15 mil flat fee"

Wilder "No chance, up your offer 45%"

Hearn " 25%"

Wilder "40% "

So on and met in the middle somewhere.

Lol just spelling out the benefit of meeting and negotiating instead of shutting down all lines of communication in the name of being degraded with an opening offer (apparently).

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
        the phrase 'damned if you do, damned if you dont' comes to mind. hes trying to do all he can to get the fight on and youre still criticising him lol
        No he's not.

He's tryna do all he can to law ball Wilder before his stock rises when he inevitably KOs Fury in a FOTY performance.

Jushua is only fighting in April, there is absolutely no need to rush negotiations and typically fighters don't negotiate another fight while busy preparing for and promoting a huge fight in front of them.

In fact, I don't even think Hearn is actually tryna law ball him, this is just a scam so that he tell his idiot followers "See, I tried to negotiate but they wouldn't return my calls, we're moving on now, he had his chance."

Comment

a flat fee was a garbage offer no matter how you cut it, nothing has changed about wilder from now to then. hearns fans will find a way to defend everything he does. its sad to watch but they are here so we have to suffer it. had hearn offered wilder at least 33% im sure the fight would eventually be made through negotiations. there is no way to justify a flat fee in this fight. now asking wilder to sign before the end of the fury fight is the new road block, just move on guys. AJ will fight whyte next maybe after that things can get serious. all the mind games from hearn are a bit old. If Aj was in wilders shoes you all and hearn would tell him to wait until after fury and justify it with long azz post. the gig is up hearniacs we all see through you

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgeweather17 View Post
            No he's not.

He's tryna do all he can to law ball Wilder before his stock rises when he inevitably KOs Fury in a FOTY performance.

Jushua is only fighting in April, there is absolutely no need to rush negotiations and typically fighters don't negotiate another fight while busy preparing for and promoting a huge fight in front of them.

In fact, I don't even think Hearn is actually tryna law ball him, this is just a scam so that he tell his idiot followers "See, I tried to negotiate but they wouldn't return my calls, we're moving on now, he had his chance."
            hearn and his cults antics are so easy to see through lol, the old mess was getting old and this is the new

Comment

Originally posted by koolkc107 View Post
              Let's get a few things straight so at least we can all argue our differing opinions from one factual baseline.

The offer that Hearn sent Wilder for a flat fee represented the lowest amount percentage-wise of ANY AJ championship opponent except for the last minute replacement Takam.

Martin, Wlad, Parker, and Povetkin ALL made more proportionally and/or all got splits.

Wilder DID actually accept the lowball offer on the condition he be THE NEXT FIGHT AJ had.

He wasn't, so that acceptance is moot and a new offer needed to be made.
              Definitely not factual considering you're working out a percentage split on an ESTIMATED purse value.

Also AJ has increased his stock unifying and whatever which has increased his stock, do you not think AJ deserves to see his highest payday go up Equally as proportional as Wilders if we are being fair? I do appreciate AJ will have to somewhat buy the belt off Wilder so this won't work but everyone forgets that AJ is increasing his worth but never seems to get the benefit of this when talking splits.

In regards to the fight not being next surely Wilder shares some responsibility as he should have asked for it to be put in the contract instead of waiting two weeks and moaning after the WBA called the mandatory when knew they had been delaying months and Hearn repeatedly warned them. I'm sure Hearn wouldn't have been able to refuse if Wilder had requested and if he did then the fault would be completely with Hearn.

Comment

Shelley

Send a serious offer and we will meet 7/8 October

After the offer is made

Shelly

It’s serious but I’m busy now

What a btch

Comment

i dont mind the low first offer. thats what youre supposed to do.

but not budging and making it seem like he doesnt wanna fight cause you offer crumbs is what makes hearn a scumbag

Comment

Randomly has Hearn made a statement on this fight that wouldn't happen happening?

Hearn is really treading into I was lying to you yesterday, today I'm telling the truth territory.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyJonesJrp4pno1 View Post
                      According to Finkel it is an offer that was accepted. That is what he told ESPN.

Anyway, in business everybody is going to try and make as much money as possible that's why negotiations take place so each side can find common ground.
                      it was accepted...because wilder and his people were willing to take it to make the fight NEXT for both guys....but hearn obviously didn't want that

it was universally regarded by boxing scribes as a bad offer....just because wilder was willing to accept it doesn't mean it was good or even fair...but wilder was willing to take it because he was confident there would be more money behind it when he won

its all going to work out just peach for wilder if he beats fury...that's a big fight and if he beats fury wilder is going to get a nice chunk of that AJ fight...and that will happen soon because the public will demand it......

all in all wilder will make out better....but that's on hearn....wilder would have taken less to have had AJ/wilder already over with by now

Comment

Working...
                      X