Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Naoya Inoue - Can He Run The Table?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Adamsc151 View Post
    Looking forward to watching him (although when i see in the WBSS, as well as all the others to be honest. Saurland the Coke-gurner deserves credit for pushing this format when most other promoters said it wouldn't work. Just my opinion but it's been the best innovation in the sport for years, I hope it spreads to more of the weight divisions and that certain promoters stop barring their fighters from entering.
    I’m with you there. Last year I said that the WBSS was the best thing for boxing in decades, and I stand by that. Just wish they didn’t do 168 since that’s the most boring division IMO. (Ironically 140 ain’t much better) but here’s hoping that it continues to grow and we get some more of the glamour divisions in the coming years. Promoters will see this as a success and keep growing hopefully

Comment

Tete will win the WBSS

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
        I’m with you there. Last year I said that the WBSS was the best thing for boxing in decades, and I stand by that. Just wish they didn’t do 168 since that’s the most boring division IMO. (Ironically 140 ain’t much better) but here’s hoping that it continues to grow and we get some more of the glamour divisions in the coming years. Promoters will see this as a success and keep growing hopefully
        168 would have been better if Zurdo, Benavidez, Uzi, Degale and a few of the other better fighters were involved. Smith and Groves were the only ones that deserved to be in on merit at that particular weight, half of the others had gone up or moved down divisions.
        175 wouldn't be a bad shout, there's been a bit of movement there with Kovalev fading a bit and Ward retiring.
        HW and 147 would be the best ones to clear up accusations of ducking, bad blood, inter-promotional disputes etc; but unfortunately I can't see either happening anytime soon.

Comment

168 would have been better if Zurdo, Benavidez, Uzi, Degale and a few of the other better fighters were involved. Smith and Groves were the only ones that deserved to be in on merit at that particular weight, half of the others had gone up or moved down divisions.
          175 wouldn't be a bad shout, there's been a bit of movement there with Kovalev fading a bit and Ward retiring.
          HW and 147 would be the best ones to clear up accusations of ducking, bad blood, inter-promotional disputes etc; but unfortunately I can't see either happening anytime soon.
          With the GGG/Canelo saga over (hopefully) id love to see 160 next year.

And 175 was planned this year, but Kovalev was forced to back out by his promoter so they did CW again

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
            With the GGG/Canelo saga over (hopefully) id love to see 160 next year.

And 175 was planned this year, but Kovalev was forced to back out by his promoter so they did CW again
            Promoter's causing problems again, what a surprise. Agreed on 160, but I can see promotional problems there as well - plus DLH won't have Canelo fight outside of Vegas and the organisors would be be showing favoritism if they accepted that.

Comment

Promoter's causing problems again, what a surprise. Agreed on 160, but I can see promotional problems there as well - plus DLH won't have Canelo fight outside of Vegas and the organisors would be be showing favoritism if they accepted that.
              I'm sure Canelo would coincidentally fight in other locations like mexico and new mexico

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
                I've seen his videos , his opponents have been budget to say the least.

LOL the irony
                You named yourself after golovkin; whose fought like 1 A fighter which he didnt beat and 1 B+ fighter who he struggled to beat in 38 fights. Inoue fights unified champ taguchi; someone who hadnt lost in years let alone been stopped in omar narvaez before he even hit 10 fights. Knocked out a world champ in kohei kono Beat a guy who weighed around 14lbs on him and was undefeated in 10 years in jamie mcdonell and is already a 3 weight world champion in less that 16 fights. It doesnt take a genius to see inoue is a phenom and a prodigy. He hits people with such force and accuracy that they fold like a lawn chair. So stop undermining a future legend and perhaps the best japanese boxer ever (who hasnt even hit his prime yet) whilst loving up someone who fought bums 75% of his career (golovkin)

Comment

Originally posted by ThunderFists View Post
                  LOL the irony
                  You named yourself after golovkin; whose fought like 1 A fighter which he didnt beat and 1 B+ fighter who he struggled to beat in 38 fights. Inoue fights unified champ taguchi; someone who hadnt lost in years let alone been stopped in omar narvaez before he even hit 10 fights. Knocked out a world champ in kohei kono Beat a guy who weighed around 14lbs on him and was undefeated in 10 years in jamie mcdonell and is already a 3 weight world champion in less that 16 fights. It doesnt take a genius to see inoue is a phenom and a prodigy. He hits people with such force and accuracy that they fold like a lawn chair. So stop undermining a future legend and perhaps the best japanese boxer ever (who hasnt even hit his prime yet) whilst loving up someone who fought bums 75% of his career (golovkin)
                  I don't know how people can look at a 25 year old undefeated 3 division champion and throw shade at him. McDonell had never been stopped before and knocked him out in two minutes. The kid is scary accurate with his body punches, and he's completely dominated every fight he's been in. The only reason to dislike the kid is that they don't know him.

Comment

Originally posted by ThunderFists View Post
                    LOL the irony
                    them guys were no good. navaez lost 120-108 to donaire when navaez was in his prime. 'future legend' its comments like that which infuriate me cause hes beaten noone, hes not proven anything and people are saying hes gonna be a legend before theyve even seen him in with a world class fighter, please. i saw someone stuck him as p4p number 1 after beating weight drained mcdonell, its ridiculous. people seem to rate him higher than rungvasai, u know the guy who only went and knocked out the p4p number 1 at the time. we'll see what hes about in the super 6, for some reason people think im a hater but im just pointing out the obvious, hes beaten NOONE.

Comment

Originally posted by sammybee View Post
                      Tete will win the WBSS
                      Nope...........

Comment

Working...
                      X