No announcement yet.

Shelly Finkel telling blatant lies!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shelly Finkel telling blatant lies!

Check out this interview with Shelly Finkel at the Fury/Wilder press conference:

Of course, as soon as he sees the mic, Finkel starts talking about "the other fight". He says he won't talk to Eddie Hearn unless Hearn makes him a "real offer".

When the interviewer asks why it was that he first accepted an offer from Hearn to fight AJ in the UK, then rejected that same offer, Finkel responds by saying that he never accepted that offer, because it didn't have a rematch clause or a venue.

But back in June, Finkel made this statement to ESPN:

"We have agreed to the terms that Eddie has put out to us for a fight in the U.K. Deontay has accepted his terms to fight in the U.K.," Finkel said. "Deontay sent an email to Joshua [Sunday] night, and I sent one [Monday] to Barry Hearn and Eddie telling them that we officially accept the offer to fight under the terms they gave us and to send us the contract."

http://www.espn.co.uk/boxing/story/_...er-eddie-hearn

When he's asked why not knowing the venue was a sticking point for Wilder vs AJ, but not for Wilder vs Fury, Finkel responds by saying he knew the date and the venue for Wilder vs Fury right from the start of the negotiations.

Wtf?

If that was true, then why did Finkel and Warren keep telling us that the date and venue for the fight hadn't been decided yet? And why were we reading, only last week, about bidding wars going on between different venues in Vegas, LA, and NY?

Was Finkel lying then, and telling the truth now, or vice versa?
    Last edited by kafkod; 10-03-2018, 11:58 AM.

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
    Check out this interview with Shelly Finkel at the Fury/Wilder press conference:

Of course, as soon as he sees the mic, Finkel starts talking about "the other fight". He says he won't talk to Eddie Hearn unless Hearn makes him a "real offer".

When the interviewer asks why it was that he first accepted an offer from Hearn to fight AJ in the UK, then rejected that same offer, Finkel responds by saying that he never accepted that offer, because it didn't have a rematch clause or a venue.

We have agreed to the terms that Eddie has put out to us for a fight in the U.K. Deontay has accepted his terms to fight in the U.K.," Finkel said. "Deontay sent an email to Joshua [Sunday] night, and I sent one [Monday] to Barry Hearn and Eddie telling them that we officially accept the offer to fight under the terms they gave us and to send us the contract.

When he's asked why not knowing the venue was a sticking point for Wilder vs AJ, but not for Wilder vs Fury, Finkel responds by saying he knew the date and the venue for Wilder vs Fury right from the start of the negotiations.

Wtf?

If that was true, then why did Finkel and Warren keep telling us that the date and venue for the fight hadn't been decided yet? And why were we reading, only last week, about bidding wars going on between different venues in Vegas, LA, and NY?

Your anti American agenda is shining through again. Idk know much about the real down low negotiations but I know that first Wilder had to fight Joshua’s stablemate then Wilder got a ridiculously low offer then Joshua named his price and when that price was met the backpedaling began then Wilder got sent an offer with no date. None of these things are opinion they are facts.
    One team is trying to deliver this fight to us and it sure as hell isnt team Joshua.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post

"We have agreed to the terms that Eddie has put out to us for a fight in the U.K. Deontay has accepted his terms to fight in the U.K.," Finkel said. "Deontay sent an email to Joshua [Sunday] night, and I sent one [Monday] to Barry Hearn and Eddie telling them that we officially accept the offer to fight under the terms they gave us and to send us the contract."

Wtf?

They agree to the terms, when they received the contract, there was no rematch clause and where vague about dates and venue. As for Finkel and Warren, they knew exactly what date they were gonna make the fight, more than likely they had 2 dates and 2 different venues and went with the one that would make more sense. Just like I'm sure Hearn knew what date he wanted the fight, you're telling me had no idea what day AJ was fighting a month and half out but yet is talking crazy about needing to set a Wilder/AJ fightin April which was 7 months out?

Comment

Big facts!!! Shirley's a big bit*h, and that's that.

Wilder fanboys not gonna like this thread though lmaoooo.

Comment

he lied, shock horror. i dont get how people can be so stupid not to realise team wilder have been putting roadblocks in the way of making the fight

Comment

Originally posted by just the facts View Post
            Your anti American agenda is shining through again. Idk know much about the real down low negotiations but I know that first Wilder had to fight Joshua’s stablemate then Wilder got a ridiculously low offer then Joshua named his price and when that price was met the backpedaling began then Wilder got sent an offer with no date. None of these things are opinion they are facts.
            One team is trying to deliver this fight to us and it sure as hell isnt team Joshua.
            Originally posted by filup79 View Post
            They agree to the terms, when they received the contract, there was no rematch clause and where vague about dates and venue. As for Finkel and Warren, they knew exactly what date they were gonna make the fight, more than likely they had 2 dates and 2 different venues and went with the one that would make more sense. Just like I'm sure Hearn knew what date he wanted the fight, you're telling me had no idea what day AJ was fighting a month and half out but yet is talking crazy about needing to set a Wilder/AJ fightin April which was 7 months out?
            Very predictable. Instead of listening to what Finkel said and comparing it to what he said in the past, and the facts as we know them, you immediately jump to his defence and accuse me of anti American bias for pointing out the inconsistencies.

You fools deserve to be lied to and deceived. You must like the taste of bullshit, I guess.
            Last edited by kafkod; 10-03-2018, 12:41 PM.

Comment

I think he's from that same generation as Bob Arum, Frank Warren, Don King etc. great at spinning lies, generally deceitful and very good at winning the media battle.

This reminds me a lot of another fight a few years back.

Comment

Originally posted by just the facts View Post
                Even Finkel doesn't mention the lack of a date as a reason for not signing the contract. It would have had to be before AJ's mando with Povetkin, or Hearn would have been sued by everybody concerned for lying to them about trying to negotiate a unification before the mando.

And Finkel did say this: "we officially accept the offer to fight under the terms they gave us"

Then this: "We never accepted that offer"
                Last edited by kafkod; 10-03-2018, 12:56 PM.

Comment

Who cares we got Wilder vs Fury to take care of first and maybe that fight will be a war and necessitate a rematch. Hopefully we got some good fights ahead of us.

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
                    I think he's from that same generation as Bob Arum, Frank Warren, Don King etc. great at spinning lies, generally deceitful and very good at winning the media battle.

This reminds me a lot of another fight a few years back.
                    Most definitely.

And who was involved in that fight .. Finkel/Haymon, or Eddie Hearn?

Comment

Working...
                    X