Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Vitali Klitschko, Lennox Lewis - Face To Face To Reflect

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

15 years since TKO6. Damn.

Comment

Lewis (and his fans) before the Vitali fight: "I am like a fine wine, I keep getting better with age, I still have a few good years left."

After getting his butt kicked by Vitali: "Im too old for this *****, time to retire!"

Comment

Originally posted by Marvlus Marv View Post
        Can never forget that Lewis uppercut in the 5th, I think. It was perfection and surely would have crumbled 99% of heaavyweights. Vitali's whiskers were maybe the greatest ever.
        This. Also, the uppercut AJ landed on Wlad was a beautiful bazooka - Wlad was hurt but 99% of HWs would´ve been out cold. Vitali´s chin was unreal but Wlad´s wasn´t too bad either.
        Last edited by Slowhand; 10-02-2018, 01:38 AM.

Comment

Lewis was starting to take over in this fight and there were still just under halfway to go.
          Klitshcko was cut to ribbons and it was just wrong in every level to let his face get sliced open any further.
          Boxing is boxing and fights are also decided by how much punishment is given and VK face took enough.
          Great fight

Comment

Originally posted by Fists_of_Fury View Post
            Destroying Vitali's face isn't a lucky escape . Lewis was old, out of shape, and busted your boy up on short notice. Lewis tried to fight everyone and was scared of nobody. The lucky one was Vitali to fight Lewis under such circumstances and he got stopped looking like the Terminator

He won because he got a cut, from a punch that brazed the skin that he threw while holding (which is an illegal punch but it wasnt ruled as such)

You say its not lucky, so what would his plan be to win a rematch? Hope to score a cut again? That isnt a strategy, that is luck. Vitali was winning 4-2 at the stoppage.

Comment

Great fight that through a massive injury had to end. Lennox made the right decision to retire after a fantastic career that will be hard to be bettered.

Comment

Originally posted by alexjust View Post
                Spot on. I still remember the sound of that punch. It's like a cannon went off. Even the commentator said it would have been enough to decapitate a bull. Vitali? I don't think he even noticed to be honest...his chin is out of this world. A rhino would envy his jaw.
                That's right. Vitali barely flinched at all which was just as awe inspiring as the punch that detonated under his chin. Both guys came out as winners which is unusual - Lewis for the stoppage and Vitali for putting up a truly heroic battle.

Comment

Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
                  This. Also, the uppercut AJ landed on Wlad was a beautiful bazooka - Wlad was hurt but 99% of HWs would´ve been out cold. Vitali´s chin was unreal but Wlad´s wasn´t too bad either.
                  Yea, AJ's on Wlad was another absolute gem. Nothing more beautiful in boxing than a perfectly timed and placed uppercut. Wlad's chin was an enigma. Couldn't handle a Corrie Sanders left cross but absorbs an AJ nuclear bomb uppercut. Mad stuff.

Comment

this again.....

Since when do scorecards matter if one of the fighters is stopped?

Comment

Originally posted by MrShakeAndBake View Post
                      F-kin rookies these days.

I was at the event, Vitaliy was winning by points and you could not knock him out with a baseball bat, its Lenox who is LUCKY the fight was stopped else he would lose points. He is even more lucky he dod not accept the rematch.

Its still nice to see these two real heavy weight kings. Lenox is one of my fav boxers period.
                      i was obviously quoting lennox, ****ing rookie.

Comment

Working...
                      X