No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: HBO Out of Boxing: Some of Us Will Miss The Voices

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: HBO Out of Boxing: Some of Us Will Miss The Voices

The first thought I had when I heard that HBO was out of boxing were the voices that would go silent. I occasionally stumble upon old sports clips on YouTube and hear the voice of a broadcaster from my youth. In boxing, it might be Howard Cosell. NFL, Pat Summerall or Lindsey Nelson. NBA, Chick Hearn. And baseball, Vin Scully. Nostalgia and some sadness invariably set in when I hear these men.
    [Click Here To Read More]

No crying. HBO will return to boxing within two years or less.

Comment

Lampley and max sucked! Especially Max. He seemed to be drunk most of the time.

Roy Jones and Ward were good. Steward was my FAVORITE

Comment

HBO definitely had the best production. Might be because of nostalgia i think that, i watched loads of old fights that were HBO broadcasts on youtube.

Comment

“When you heard his voice, you generally knew you were watching something important.“

That right there....as fans, we may not have always agreed with what he was calling during a fight but Jim Lampley will always be the voice of boxing.

Comment

Lampley & Lederman will be missed. Max & Roy not so much. Would be great if Lampley replaced Mauro on Showtime. THAT would be a great lineup.

Comment

Won't miss lampley

Comment

I'll miss HBO boxing and I like all of the commentators, despite other people's complaints about them.

Comment

I will only miss Jim Lampley. Larry Merchant was already gone. Max Kellerman and Roy Jones are biased and horrible anyway. Andre Ward is a joke. B-Hop doesn't say much. FK HBO. I'm glad Feminism took down that biased commentary team anyway.

Boxing should be on free tv!

Comment

I ll really miss Lampley. I hope he does a show from time to time on other networks

Comment

Working...
                    X