No announcement yet.

The case for floyd higher on ATG list than Duran

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
    Buchanan was not outboxing Duran. He was losing and needed a knockout to win. Buchanan was a very good fighter by the way.

Duran was up 7-6 and 8-5 with two rounds left. Should of been a DQ win for Buchanan tbh
    Last edited by THEFRESHBRAWLER; 10-07-2018, 08:37 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by THEFRESHBRAWLER View Post

Duran was up 7-6 and 8-5 with two rounds left. Should of been a DQ win for Buchanan tbh
      From Box rec

Going into the 13th round, the referee and both judges had Duran ahead by a wide margin. Referee Johnny LoBianco had the fight scored 8-3-1, judge Bill Recht had it 9-2-1, and judge Jack Gordon called it 8-3-1. The Associated Press scorecard favored Duran 9-3.

Comment

From Box rec

Going into the 13th round, the referee and both judges had Duran ahead by a wide margin. Referee Johnny LoBianco had the fight scored 8-3-1, judge Bill Recht had it 9-2-1, and judge Jack Gordon called it 8-3-1. The Associated Press scorecard favored Duran 9-3.
        Still should of been a DQ

Comment

How could it be a DQ. LoBianco was behind Duran wrapping his arms around him to stop the fighting. He thought it hit Buchanan in the stomach. From that vantage point he couldn't see exactly what happened plus he was preoccupied with stopping the action. I think most historians recognize that Buchanan was a very good Champion. In an odd and painful way it made Buchanan part of boxing folk lore.

Comment

How could it be a DQ. LoBianco was behind Duran wrapping his arms around him to stop the fighting. He thought it hit Buchanan in the stomach. From that vantage point he couldn't see exactly what happened plus he was preoccupied with stopping the action. I think most historians recognize that Buchanan was a very good Champion. In an odd and painful way it made Buchanan part of boxing folk lore.
            I can respect you bro you seem very knowledgeable about the sport even though we don’t agree lol. You know how to get your point across without name calling. Props and peace to you brotha.

Comment

I can respect you bro you seem very knowledgeable about the sport even though we don’t agree lol. You know how to get your point across without name calling. Props and peace to you brotha.
              I'm happen to know about this because its come up before and Duran is one of my favorite fighters.

Comment

Do you think Ward should have been DQ’d against Kovalev? The cards were closer, the low blows clearer to see and more deliberate.

Comment

And what’s your point? Duran lost to all those guys you mentioned lmao don’t bring Barkley in this conversation. He only beat Ray Leonard once and lost to him twice also lost to Hearns and Hagler. You don’t get credit for taking fights you have to actually win them to get the credit. No participation trophies in boxing. Floyd beat the best and there’s nothing you can say about his resume. And if those guys were past their “prime” then so was Floyd. So what’s your point? All them other cowards were afraid to fight him when he was at 135

What's my point?

Floyd would still be dreaming of excuses to not fight them!

When you continually fight the top guys it takes a bit and sometimes a lot out of you. That is why Floyd was worried about fighting guys like Margarito, Manny, Winky Wright, Paul Williams, Sergio Martinez and others in their prime .... Some of those Floyd called out and later chickened out and some the opponent called him out but Floyd chickened out.

Duran went up and fought SRL, Hearns, Hagler and Barkley and others. Floyd did a lot of talking but he selectively hand picked his opponents at the right time. He even removed an advantage from his opponents when he could (eg Maidana's gloves, Canelo's CW drainage, have Marquez move up 3 divisions while Floyd comes in over the contracted weight and so on)

Floyd can selectively hand pick his opponents but once he did that, you Floyd fans need to step back and call it just like it was played out now! Sorry!

Comment

• Originally posted by travestyny View Post
                    I accept your duel, ADP.
                    EXACTLY WHAT YOU STATED. I ACCEPT! DO YOU ACCEPT?

Phrase it anyway you want to the judges. I don't care. Use any quotations of mine that you want, because I'm going to rip through your quotations...and I have so many of your incorrect quotations that this is going to be easy work.

Waiting for you to duck! ACCEPT OR DECLINE?

STOP CLAIMING THAT SOMEONE IS DEFLECTING WHEN ALL I'VE BEEN USING IS YOUR OWN QUOTATIONS YOU SLIMY DUCKING BlTCH!

Don't tell me you're going to back down from your own statement....AGAIN!

You should run as a snake politician.

You either pretend to accept or just DUCK a challenge entirely! What a JOKE you are DUCKY!!!

180+ pages of DUCKING yet DUCKY said he didn't DUCK!

Comment

• Originally posted by travestyny View Post
                      I accept your duel, ADP.

EXACTLY WHAT YOU STATED. I ACCEPT! DO YOU ACCEPT?

Phrase it anyway you want to the judges. I don't care. Use any quotations of mine that you want, because I'm going to rip through your quotations...and I have so many of your incorrect quotations that this is going to be easy work.

Waiting for you to duck! ACCEPT OR DECLINE?

STOP CLAIMING THAT SOMEONE IS DEFLECTING WHEN ALL I'VE BEEN USING IS YOUR OWN QUOTATIONS YOU SLIMY DUCKING BlTCH!

Don't tell me you're going to back down from your own statement....AGAIN!

Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
                      You should run as a snake politician.

You either pretend to accept or just DUCK a challenge entirely! What a JOKE you are DUCKY!!!

180+ pages of DUCKING yet DUCKY said he didn't DUCK!
                      SO EVEN HERE WHERE CLEARLY ABOVE I SAY I ACCEPT YOUR CHALLENGE AND SAY YOU CAN POSE IT ANY WAY YOU WANT TO THE JUDGES, YOU TUCK TAIL AND TRY TO SAY I DIDN'T ACCEPT DO YOU KNOW HOW PATHETIC YOU ARE?

It's over, son. You will always be my bltch now that you ducked me AGAIN!!!!! LMAO. No more chances for you, f@g.

I hope you learned your lesson, f@ggot. You're a moron and a butthurt bltch. How did that asswhoopin feel, son?

4-0!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X