Collapse
No announcement yet.

The case for floyd higher on ATG list than Duran

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DUCKY and his ALT are having fun posting to himself!

What a CLOWN!

DUCKY,
    It's embarrassing that you just realized that LABs can catch the athlete with the masking agent on their own if they are listed. So all this time, you were saying that Floyd couldn't have done anything wrong yet you didn't even know about this? See, your love for your hero Floyd is deep!

QUACK!

Comment

• Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
      DUCKY and his ALT are having fun posting to himself!

What a CLOWN!

DUCKY,
      It's embarrassing that you just realized that LABs can catch the athlete with the masking agent on their own if they are listed. So all this time, you were saying that Floyd couldn't have done anything wrong yet you didn't even know about this? See, your love for your hero Floyd is deep!

I don't know what the fvvck you are babbliing about here. But I know that your ass got beat 4-0 in our debate that proved your conspiracy theory to be absolutely shlt. You got DESTROYED

TELL US AGAIN ABOUT HOW EPO IS A THRESHOLD SUBSTANCE AND TESTING HAS A THRESHOLD ABOVE WHICH IT CAN BE SAID THERE IS EPO BECAUSE EPO EXISTS NATURALLY IN THE HUMAN BODY.

THAT GC/MS IS GOING TO MEASURE IF IT'S ABOVE THAT THRESHOLD, RIGHT? LMAOOOOOOO.

R.I.P.

OHHH, BY THE WAY, HAVE YOU DECIDED IF YOU'RE MAN ENOUGH TO ACCEPT YOUR OWN CHALLENGE?????

Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
      Can we now have a recount?

Actually there needs to be some changes ..... like ..... No Mayweather Mafia judges

QUACK!

Last edited by travestyny; 10-10-2018, 12:06 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shontae De'marc View Post
        Floyd has a bigger cawk than all of Panama (and mexico) so Floyd wins. TBE babay!!!!
        Like trump, considering their ego issues I’ll bet anything they have tiny man parts. Ego is the (over)compensation.

Comment

• Originally posted by GrandmasterWang View Post
          Ban worthy imo.
          Lmao!!!

This is a good argument thread. But that way he presented is well as you say ...

Comment

• Originally posted by THEFRESHBRAWLER View Post

The thing is with BoxRec they actually count losses in their metrics compared to the average fan who thinks losses don’t matter because of the fighters previous level of competition. You cant just excuses all his losses just because he fought tough competition like Hagler Barkley and Hearns. What would be the point of fighting and keeping fighters W-L record if you can just say “that loss doesn’t matter” everytime one of your favorite fighters lose? In reference to Duran, he had nearly 20 losses. How fair would it be to the fighters that beat him to say those losses don’t matter?
            Wait a sec. this list has juan Marquez over Duran and leonard? Can some tell me if I’m high right now-!??

Comment

• Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
              Don't forget, the Hagler loss was due to Duran fighting one-handed for most of that fight. He injured his hand on Hagler's forehead in the 5th round of a 15 round fight. In fact, by the end of the 13th, Duran was actually ahead on two of the scorecards, so he likely gets a win over Hagler if that is a 12 round fight.

Meanwhile, I still contend that Floyd lost to Castillo I, DLH and Maidana I.
              Ha another credit to Duran and old school fighters. They these new guys know about 15 round fights? Not a got damn thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boksfan View Post
                Yes but Duran quit because he was weak mentally, not because he was smaller.
                He had a day of weakness. He want mentally weak. He had 119 fights. How can you conceivably call him weak minded. He had a tumultuous life. We can excuse one day.

Comment

• Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
                  Floyd skillwise is one of the best, he is up there with James Toney.

But there is having skills, and then there is having skills, and applying them against the best fighter at the peak of their skills over and over and over.

James Toney took on prime RJJ, Michael Nunn, Vasilly Jirov, etc.

Duran, past his prime, took on prime undefeated SRL, Marvin Hagler, Benitez, Hearns etc.

When people say different eras cant compare.

The only think you cant really compare is that today, most fighters, floyd included, only take fights that they know they can win.

Back then, you had to fight the best to make money. Now its a strange economy where you can rake in big paydays fighting guys that realistically have zero chance of even making you go into 2nd gear.

Duran fought SRL when SRL was 24 in his prime, at the absolute high of his abilities.

We saw SRL vs Hearns before each was 26.

Now superfights are only when one guy or both guys are 35.

If Lomachenko moved up and fought Spence, thats basically what Duran did. Except SRL was much better than spence, no offense to spence who is a beast.

And then if he moved up even further, to 160lb, and fought GGG.

Because thats what duran did. He moved up to 160 and fought MARVIN HAGLER.
                  This should end the tread fellaz.

Greent.

Comment

• Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
                    Let’s be real here.

Duran vs Mayweather at 135. Duran wins
                    Let’s be even more real. If that fight were supposed to happen Floyd would have retired like he did when he was up for Cotto the first time.

Comment

• Originally posted by THEFRESHBRAWLER View Post
                      Saul Alvarez will be in the Hall of fame and so will Mosley in Cotto
                      Cotto nor Mosley were at prime. Floyd “retired” when cotto was up to fight Floyd the first time. He came back to Cotto after he took a couple l’s.

Comment

Working...
                      X