The case for floyd higher on ATG list than Duran

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by THEFRESHBRAWLER View Post

^Lmaoooo
    He was 29-30 when he lost to Leonard ****** so yes that’s what you’re saying. Did you graduate High School?
    He lost to Hearn Hagler Leonard all before he turned 35 you’re just playing these silly girl games to try to cover up the fact that you’re wrong and quitter Duran was over rated.
    Another reason I don’t argue with Mayweather haters. They lie and then when they get proved wrong they just move the goal post or start using the girly fanboy argument. I’m done with you it’s obvious you know nothing about the sport and don’t lack enough intelligence to even know what you’re typing. Just stop while you’re ahead I’m smacking you all over the place. Never place a quitter above FMJ lmao

FYI Canelo has already beat multiple hall of famers and former champions before he fought Floyd. Trout, Mosley, Cintron, Baldimor
    Not to mention he defended the belt 6 times. If you hold the belt it doesn’t matter how old you are you have to fight who’s put in front of you lmao are you new to boxing? Obviously!
    Damn, I feel sorry for Floyd if this is the level of fans he can draw.

Where do I start? Let's see, once again...let's take this real slow. I wrote as you just quoted to your own detriment, that Duran was the older man. That's older. O-L-D-E-R. Not "old." Old is a different word. Old-ER. Old-ER. Old-ER. It's a variation on the word old, implying that a person has aged more than somebody else. When Duran foguht Leonard he was 29, five years older than the 24-year-old Leonard. Old-ER. Old-ER.

"...and don't lack enough intelligence to even know what you're typing."

Um, what? A lack of intelligence would translate into I don't know what I'm typing. You said I don't lack enough intelligence to know what I'm typing. How do I not lack enough intelligence to not know what I'm typing? Tell you what, scholar. Avoid the double negative next time.

And did you just refer to Trout, Baldomir and Cintron as Hall of Famers?

LOL

Oh my God. That's got to be the dumbest thing I've heard in my life. Trout. Cintron. Baldomir.

Look, man. You got excited about the fight and you had some drinks. A lot of drinks. You've just got to stop.

Trout, Cintron and Baldomir are Hall of Famers!

Quote of the year right there....

Comment

• Originally posted by Tony Trick-Pony View Post
      Damn, I feel sorry for Floyd if this is the level of fans he can draw.

Where do I start? Let's see, once again...let's take this real slow. I wrote as you just quoted to your own detriment, that Duran was the older man. That's older. O-L-D-E-R. Not "old." Old is a different word. Old-ER. Old-ER. Old-ER. It's a variation on the word old, implying that a person has aged more than somebody else. When Duran foguht Leonard he was 29, five years older than the 24-year-old Leonard. Old-ER. Old-ER.

"...and don't lack enough intelligence to even know what you're typing."

Um, what? A lack of intelligence would translate into I don't know what I'm typing. You said I don't lack enough intelligence to know what I'm typing. How do I not lack enough intelligence to not know what I'm typing? Tell you what, scholar. Avoid the double negative next time.

And did you just refer to Trout, Baldomir and Cintron as Hall of Famers?

LOL

Oh my God. That's got to be the dumbest thing I've heard in my life. Trout. Cintron. Baldomir.

Look, man. You got excited about the fight and you had some drinks. A lot of drinks. You've just got to stop.

Trout, Cintron and Baldomir are Hall of Famers!

Quote of the year right there....
      You said he was old and got proved wrong, deal with it son.
      Give it up you can LOL all day and night it still don’t change the fact that Duran is over rated and not better than Floyd. All the girly theatrics you’re doing is just a sideshow to take away from the fact that Duran is 1-4 against Hagler Hearn and Leonard and that he will always be remembered for one of the most pathetic displays in boxing history. No Mas!

“When Duran foguht Leonard he was 29, five years older than the 24-year-old Leonard. Old-ER. Old-ER.”

And Floyd was 36, thirteen years older than Canelo lmaoooo got your dumb aśs again. Stop talking boxing it’s not for you!
      Last edited by THEFRESHBRAWLER; 10-07-2018, 12:03 AM.

Comment

Duran took on Leonard, Hearns and Hagler as the much smaller, older man.

Lol^^So Floyd didn’t take on bigger opponents as the older man??? FYI Duran was 29 when he first lost to Leonard lmao and 32 when he lost to Hagler. Canelo was 23 when he got beat down by Floyd and y’all said he wasn’t in his prime now you are saying Duran was old at 29-30 yrs old. It just goes to show how biased you people are on here
        Stop the weak excuses. Fact is he lost to all of them and only holds one win over Hearns Hagler and Leonard 1-4. It DOES NOT matter about all that he would fight anybody at anytime bs. You DO NOT get credit for taking fights you have to WIN them. Why is that so hard for you bloggers to understand? Are we crowning Amir Khan because he stepped up and fought Canelo? Stepping up means absolutely NOTHING. Duran lost nearly 20 fights and is one of He most over rated boxers in history
        Floyd took on Guerrero, Ortiz, Berto etc.

That compares to to who Duran fought?

Comment

• Originally posted by Real boxer View Post

Canelo's also defeated Hall of Famers Trout, Baldomir and Cintron. Hall of Famers without question. All time greats!

Comment

Those 3 don’t compare at all but he sure didn’t quit against them lmaoooooo. You can’t compare fighters from different eras if you’re not a psychic. Floyd would never lose to Kirkland Laing i know that for sure lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnwoo8686 View Post
              You sound like a straight hater so to you I may seem like a fanboy. Buchanan was outboxing Duran. Duran even called Buchanan one of the toughest opponents of his career. You say Duran lost a non title fight to De Jesus at 140 but somehow he lost his lightweight championship after that loss. He only regained the title after his next fight.

Floyd beat Castillo and Maidana. You can try and rewrite history all you want but he BEAT them. If you want to call the Castillo victory a gift I can turn around and call the Buchanan victory a gift since Duran won that fight using a lowblow.

And if we're going to measure greatness, we have to compare wins AND losses. Duran was great but not greater than Floyd.
              Great post! It seems nostalgia makes fans over rate some of these fighters.

Comment

Those 3 don’t compare at all but he sure didn’t quit against them lmaoooooo. You can’t compare fighters from different eras if you’re not a psychic. Floyd would never lose to Kirkland Laing i know that for sure lol
                Floyd would have been fighting Johnny Bhumpus instead. Because he beat Marlon Starling.

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnwoo8686 View Post
                  You sound like a straight hater so to you I may seem like a fanboy. Buchanan was outboxing Duran. Duran even called Buchanan one of the toughest opponents of his career. You say Duran lost a non title fight to De Jesus at 140 but somehow he lost his lightweight championship after that loss. He only regained the title after his next fight.

Floyd beat Castillo and Maidana. You can try and rewrite history all you want but he BEAT them. If you want to call the Castillo victory a gift I can turn around and call the Buchanan victory a gift since Duran won that fight using a lowblow.

And if we're going to measure greatness, we have to compare wins AND losses. Duran was great but not greater than Floyd.
                  Floyd beat Castillo and Maidana like Canelo had a draw against Floyd on one card. If you want to go official decisions, cool. Pea was never good enough to beat Chavez, ever.

Comment

Floyd would have been fighting Johnny Bhumpus instead. Because he beat Marlon Starling.
                    Man cut it out Duran fought a bunch of dudes who were 1-8 0-5 2-14 etc. Those stone hands disappeared when he fought elite competition. FACTS

Comment

Man cut it out Duran fought a bunch of dudes who were 1-8 0-5 2-14 etc. Those stone hands disappeared when he fought elite competition. FACTS
                      Floyd fought a guy who had no professional record, as a PPV in his 50th fight. Stop it.

Comment

Working...
                      X