Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This game Is No Joke! THE SAD SIDE OF IT!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BLASTER1 View Post
    He's being sarcastic in that we all expect our heroes and our beloved fighters to always be in wars and eventually go out on their shield when it's ludicrous to the individual fighter.
    Yer it's what we fight fans expect.
    To put their health on the line for our enjoyment.
    I honestly thought you could have seen the same way I say that post for what it is.
    classless thing to say dude.
    Plain and simple.

In poor taste.

Comment

point blank that is the risk many boxers take for fame and money nobody force any of these guys to box every choice you make in life has some type of risk .

Comment

Unfortunate what happened to him, but this is one of those risks you sign up for. Could it have been prevented? Perhaps...

Maybe if the referee was harsher on Williams and actually deducted a point for his shots behind the head. Also, his management has to take a lot of responsibility here for having him fight 5 fights in 9 months. Which included like 3 fights in a 2 month span. These also weren't 4 round fights either.

Or maybe it's just bad luck.

Comment

Sad shyt. Dude didn't deserve this.

Comment

Hopkins:

“It is interesting, because I see the world that is trying to change the concept of boxing, and the amateur kids are believing it. From the Joe Hand Gym that I train at, and I’m around amateur guys all the time. They’re 13 and they’re 8, and they’re 9, and they’re asking me. I say, ‘Look, you want to [be able] to count your own money. The way that you count your own money is that you duck as many punches as you can,” said Hopkins.

“I wanted to get more passionate to tell you how I feel, because when I hear commentators, and when I hear certain networks, and when I’m in the know, and I’m hearing these things, I’m like, ‘Their kids ain’t boxing.’ Their families ain’t in that ring. They’re in the colleges and going where they’re going, but who cares about somebody else’s kid or somebody else’s child? I’m in this world, but I’m not of this world. We’re in the era where if you duck, then it’s bad.”

Comment

Originally posted by iamboxing View Post
              Hopkins:

“It is interesting, because I see the world that is trying to change the concept of boxing, and the amateur kids are believing it. From the Joe Hand Gym that I train at, and I’m around amateur guys all the time. They’re 13 and they’re 8, and they’re 9, and they’re asking me. I say, ‘Look, you want to [be able] to count your own money. The way that you count your own money is that you duck as many punches as you can,” said Hopkins.

“I wanted to get more passionate to tell you how I feel, because when I hear commentators, and when I hear certain networks, and when I’m in the know, and I’m hearing these things, I’m like, ‘Their kids ain’t boxing.’ Their families ain’t in that ring. They’re in the colleges and going where they’re going, but who cares about somebody else’s kid or somebody else’s child? I’m in this world, but I’m not of this world. We’re in the era where if you duck, then it’s bad.”
              Is that a quote by the vile Bernard Hopkins?
              **** that guy.

Comment

Bumping this thread to ask where the outrage is for the way Linares ended his fight last night?

Comment

U dont play boxing....damn

Comment

Working...
                  X