Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

why are people celebrating hbo pulling out of boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im going to miss HBO they have the best fights IMO. That said Im happy I dont have to hear Max anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
      Werd to muva mayne! Aint nobody gots time fo' some slow ass white Eurobum chumps! Bruvas gots dem Euros shook!
      Ran them crackas right off the airwaves. Only thing lil g and Cryvalev KO recently is HBO

Comment

HBO was killing boxing with its cookie cutter narratives and corporate propaganda. It’s clear that if boxing is to thrive in the future, the future leaders will have to reivent the way Its presented. Sometimes things have to get worst before they get better. L

Comment

No more *****ty commentating or atrocious cards from Lederman. that old senile fck could barely see a paper in front of him but he's the expert voice for the boxing world to say who's winning.

"if that was me in there I'll wack the guy.. i mean just wack the guy" this is Lederman. forgot which fight it was. but this alone should've ended HBO boxing.

bye bye fckers.

Comment

Their format had big production value but as of late they have been bad cheerleaders. You watch a fight and the last thing they are talking about is the fight itself.

Plus they haven't developed any new talent and some of the match ups left a lot to be desired. Sill I am saddened to see them go. I saw a lot of great fights because of the HBO budget and the more competition the better for the consumer.

Comment

Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
              Ran them crackas right off the airwaves. Only thing lil g and Cryvalev KO recently is HBO
              HBO quit cuz Triple Mark Ass Buster Gstrang and KKKovalev got exposed...

Comment

its fools acting like its a good thing but they know deep down inside this is bad.

HBO was to boxing what WWE is to prowrestling... think about thay for a moment, if WWE suddenly decided to not do wrestling anymore it would leave a MASSIVE hole to fill, thats what is happening to boxing now. whether you liked lampley/kellerman/letterman or not this is bad. real bad

Comment

It was because their boxing matchmaking sucked. In addition, they had a very sparse talent roster after Mayweather's departure and after they banned all of Al Haymon's fighters off their network; It's boxing programming then was left on life support.

It wasn't until Gennady Golovkin came in to literally carry the network on his shoulders for as long as he could; Between 5 to 6 years to be exact but after he officially lost to Canelo this past September 15, of 2018; HBO officially decided to pull the plug on the sport altogether. Which after 45 years, ended a Golden era of boxing.

They had one Hell of a run.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
                    HBO quit cuz Triple Mark Ass Buster Gstrang and KKKovalev got exposed...
                    They was looking for a way out like Kwitter, and ran off the air like 97k ran out the ring.

No more white fights

Comment

Working...
                    X