Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No more lampley and ledderman thank god

Comment

• Originally posted by j.razor View Post
      He was good when he was in FNF....then he went to hbo & he was calling it like it was in the Mayweather/de la hoya fight saying Floyd won clearly then he called it like it was when B-Hop fought joke calslappy saying he would rather be Hopkins cuz he was the one who got the knock down & was making joke calslappy miss all his punches while Hopkins was landing & that's where hbo told him to follow the scripted & he has especially since Floyd left hbo & he was bias in the Alvarez/golovkin fight cuz he said no way Alvarez won the fight.
      When did he say that Alvarez didn't win the fight? Not saying you are wrong, but with him parroting "Canelo is winning the story of the fight" repeatedly over and over (which made no sense and he explained it poorly) and his reaction to Leaderman's card during the fight (I see it completely differently, and I would not be surprised if the judges do to) even as Harold said that it was a wide open, 50/50 fight, I saw no Golovkin love.

Was there a segment I missed on First Take he admitted Canelo didn't win? Seriously asking. Never heard it.

Comment

• Who needs boxing when you have Game Of Thrones. Actually, this is a very huge blow to the sport of boxing

Comment

• Originally posted by Fabes88 View Post
          lol then why would I pay my money to watch them if I had a problem? Come on, grow up.
          Then why are you always bashing winners? Come on, grow up....

Comment

• Originally posted by Diego Rodriguez View Post
            I agree to an extent. Boxing in the US though is in decline and I think it will continue. That said it still has a following and there is money to be made. But yes I think US boxing has some serious challenges and I am not sure there are enough good people to figure out how to right the ship in the US.

As for boxing internationally, well that seems to be going very well.

I said this before and I will say it again, big money fights IMO have hurt the sport. The boxers make great money but when your stars only fight two times a year and sometimes only once that isn't good for the sport as a whole.
            How is boxing over at the US having challenges when they have most of the Champions & Legendary fighters? If anything they don't have challenges around the world, they rule the sport. And big money fights is what helps put the sport on the map to begin with....& why you complaining for fighters fighting twice a year? That gives time to train, heal & promote. You must of never put on a pair of gloves have you?

Comment

• Originally posted by dibzvincent143 View Post
              OH so it was about Floyd who retired years ago. Great
              Could you stop being a fan boy even for a second??
              Cash cow leaves & hbo boxing kept declining so don't be such a fan boy & stop hatin' you fan boy.

Comment

• I was kind of sad when I heard the news. It's an end of an era.
                They've been in the game a long time. If they can go, anyone can.

The production used to be iconic, the music and graphics. I used to enjoy Lederman, Foreman, Steward, Lampley, and Merchant back in the day.
                They've showcased some great fighters and some great fights. It's a shame really IMO.

Comment

I think this article states it pretty well.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndica...ience.amp.html
                  Yeah sure....it was written by steve silverman in oct 2012 when we had Floyd Mayweather who was generating lots of money to the sport....LMMFAO! FOH! Then he writes, "However, the sport seemed to have lost much of its relevance over the last 20 years (the T.B.E. era) and there doesn't seem to be much that can turn the sport around.
                  Boxing is not dead yet, but it needs something to jump start it and make the sport popular again."

Ya'll can't even figure it out....So I guess we need another Floyd Mayweather but he definitely doesn't want to say that...….

Comment

The real question in the end isn’t what happened in the past but what will happen in the future.

I think boxing in the US will continue to have a place. I do not see it growing any longer. There may be some stars that pop up and individually do great numbers but overall I just don’t see it growing. Just my two cents and I hope I’m wrong because at its best watching great fighters square off is as good as it gets in sports.
                    Don't worry you usually are....LMMFAO!

Comment

• Originally posted by landotter View Post
                      When did he say that Alvarez didn't win the fight? Not saying you are wrong, but with him parroting "Canelo is winning the story of the fight" repeatedly over and over (which made no sense and he explained it poorly) and his reaction to Leaderman's card during the fight (I see it completely differently, and I would not be surprised if the judges do to) even as Harold said that it was a wide open, 50/50 fight, I saw no Golovkin love.

Was there a segment I missed on First Take he admitted Canelo didn't win? Seriously asking. Never heard it.
                      Yes he said it on 1st take....& golovkin got 3 years of fake love cuz he was just another hype job from hbo, jim lampley & harold ledderman. This is why they are failing. People are catching on to punches jim calls that don't even land & harold making terrible scorecards to lead everyone to their agendas of hyping up certain fighters. espn follows their same agendas. You can't fake the funk forever cuz it all catches up....LMMFAO!

Comment

Working...
                      X