No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: HBO is Leaving Boxing After 45 Years, Network Announces

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by EdWins View Post
    daaaaaamn. Yo, say what u want about hbo and jim lampley/max kellerman, etc. but they did give us some good entertainment over the years dude don't act like y'all ain't gonna miss them

Was a good run, kinda went a lil downhill toward the end but I grew up watching, thanks fot the memories.
    You were picking all the losers to win too

HOLD THIS

Comment

• Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
      I agree. I find his commenting more than a little annoying. He is nothing more than a fanboy turned fight fan/boxing analyst.
      That's what happens cuz he said Nelo didn't win the fight....LMAO

Comment

• Originally posted by RGJTMMRDCMJRJSM View Post
        Wish that Superfly Series continues and migrate to ESPN.

It was a great idea that gives the little guys airtime and a platform to display their skills and courage.

It seems Ancajas vs Rungvisai is more likely now for early next year.
        Why does anyone want to go to espn? They have the same agendas hbo had. SMDH

Comment

• Originally posted by The D3vil View Post
          This is so sad.

And look at all these fake boxing fans cheering because there's going to be 1 less platform to watch fights.

Boxing in America is not going to be the same without Jim Lampley calling fights, whether its with Merchant, Foreman, Emmanuel Steward, Roy Jones, Max Kellerman, or whatever. Dude's responsible for some of the most memorable calls in boxing history.

You should want as much boxing on TV as possible. That's why this promoter stan war sh@t is ridiculous
          Showtime just landed a BIG right hand on hbo jim!
          hbo is NOT getting up JIM!!

HOLD THIS JIM!

LMMFAO!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
            I’ll be the first to admit that I was sooo wrong. I take sh it to a few posters that said it was dead and wouldn’t last the year. Life goes on
            At least you admit it. I feel like a proud dad

Comment

• Originally posted by j.razor View Post
              Nah, you just hurt cuz you took yet ANOTHER L....LMMFAO!

You picked the wrong one. I’ve got nothing against pbc I had a great time at the porter Garcia fight I’m looking at things objectively here

Comment

• Originally posted by Southpawology View Post
                It's disgusting that some "Boxing fans" are actually cheering this on like its a good thing. This is why boxing isnt ***** anymore cause of its ******ed asss "fans".
                Down goes hbo from a right to the temple by Showtime jim! LMMFAO!!

HOLD THIS

Comment

• Originally posted by flojspot80 View Post
                  THIS IS BECAUSE OF ALL THE BS SCORECARDS FROM THE JUDGES..although not HBOs fault. But fans would be eventually turned off by it and would go to UFC or other boxing networks were scorecards are more sensible. my take.
                  harold ledderman has been doin this for YEARS. He did it in the Roy/Hopkins 1 fight, T.B.E./Castillo fights, Hopkins/Taylor fights, T.B.E./DE LA HOYA, Marquez/pacquiao fights & Nelo/Triple L fights too.

And I don't want to see men roll around on the floor, no thanks....LMMFAO!

Comment

• Originally posted by livershot73 View Post
                    ...change is NEVER easy, but those of us who truly love THE SPORT and NOT only certain fighters, will adapt....IMO, TRUE boxing fans will not "celebrate" like this is a good thing...it's actually quite the opposite...a major boxing platform just decided to close shop....

....this is an excellent opportunity for all the other networks, though....
                    Showtime, Showtime, Showtime! LMAO

Comment

• Originally posted by A-Wolf View Post
                      HBO Boxing at it's peak was on the same caliber of sports broadcasting as the Olympics. Boxing is dead.
                      Go to Showtime, its better than ever.

Comment

Working...
                      X