No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: HBO is Leaving Boxing After 45 Years, Network Announces

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
    another nail in the coffin of american boxing, sad to see.
    What are you talking about? hbo doesn't support american fighters that's why they failed....LMMFAO!

Comment

• Originally posted by boxinggod101 View Post
      Lol exactly what I was thinking. Ill save money on cable bill. I had HBO just for boxing.
      Same here. R.I.P. hbo....LMMFAO!

Comment

• Originally posted by iamboxing View Post
        They show HBO shows, but it's not really HBO, just American TV shows with a mix of HBO. HBO have more than one channel when you subscribe. I think they like have 3 or 4 channels so you can watch past shows. For example, Sky Atlantic could be showing Season 4 of the Wire, so you'd have to wait for it to finish to watch from the start of add the boxsets option on your Sky subscription, which to be fair is only £5, but then you have to get Sky entertainment for £20 and then pay £5 to watch in HD.
        Wel you better hope then HBO goes Global. They have said publicly they want to start going direct to consumer like Netflix around the world.

Comment

• Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
          Will be interesting to see where guys like Lampley/Max/Roy end up. Has FOX announced their broadcast crew yet? Maybe DAZN adds one of them?

Canelo shouldn't sign a deal with anyone, operate like the true boss he is on a fight to fight basis.

Golovkin possibly to DAZN? Could fight Andrade/Derevyanchenko/Jacobs.

Interesting times to say the least.
          I like that!

Comment

• Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
            Canelo beat GGG up so bad that Lampley, Lederman and the rest of the pro GGG camp at HBO couldn't take it so they closed up shop LMAO
            They took L after L after L like a lot of people here....LMMFAO!

Comment

• Originally posted by GFunk23 View Post
              Very sad to see this announcement but it’s not surprise. The competition for televised and streamed boxing has gone up exponentially in the past few years. HBO was no longer the leader and didn’t want to compete under the new economic landscape.
              That's NOT the case! The quality of the fighters they were hyping up & the bias commentary is what did them in! Nice try though....LMMFAO!

Comment

• Originally posted by mcdonalds View Post
                HAYMON KILLED HBO

Showtime/Haymon lands a Right Hook jim!! hbo is not getting up JIM!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
                  There's other names in boxing besides PBC and HBO. I would say the biggest factor was Top Rank going to ESPN, after that happened HBO cut the number of dates dramatically.
                  F espn! They doing the same thing hbo do with hyping up certain fighters & the terrible commentary! joe tessitor, mark kriegel, teddy atlas & dan rafael.

Comment

• Originally posted by Andrij View Post
                    Jim Lampley will most likely go into retirement but Kellerman and Roy Jones might join ESPN from January on.
                    Yeah hbo & espn share the same agendas....

Comment

• Originally posted by scarybodyshot View Post
                      Is anyone really surprised?
                      They got nobody to blame but themselves Ray Vargas fight was just terrible why was on HBO

Comment

Working...
                      X