No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: HBO is Leaving Boxing After 45 Years, Network Announces

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• It's still a WOW even though the rumors were there for a while now.

Comment

• What memorable characters and drama we got to witness because the content was uncensored, free TV wont give you that, its all going to be PC, but at least we still got Showtime.

Comment

• Seems kinda strange more than anything. Wonder what happens to Roy and Lampley? Especially Roy. I like his commentary. And I like Ledderman, cool old dude with some old school insight.

Comment

• Originally posted by WhatDisButtonDo View Post
            HBO's dumb ass agenda of trying to push Eastern Europeans to the american boxing audience killed them.
            Majority of boxing fans in the USA are of hispanic descent or black. Not saying that they won't support a european fighter, but the way HBO marketed them was pretty obnoxious beyond reproach, I don't feel bad for them at all. Hopefully they come back with some new commentators but I won't hold my breath.

God forbid entertaining european fighters (loma,ggg,kov) get spotlight on tv. DATS RACIST!!!!!!

But its A-OK to prop up hype jobs like broner and cram him down the viewers throat.

Comment

• Originally posted by iamboxing View Post
              People said the same thing after The Sopranos ended, and again after The Wire. They always come up with unique shows. As Nelson said, they're a story-telling platform first and foremost. They have the best writers in the industry and greenlit shows pass stringent quality controls by network execs. That's why Netflix is still pumping out a hundred new shows a week and still can't match them for quality: crap writers, crap acting, utter dreck with no substance. Keep your subscription. If I could get HBO in the UK I'd sign up for it in a heartbeat.
              But there was a constant during the end of Sopranos and Wire: Boxing was alive and well in HBO.

My question is geared towards boxing fans, who saw tv series as a plus.

I, for example, am done with HBO after GoT.

Comment

• Boxing's practically dead in America. At best the family is just deciding whether to pull the life support.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
                  So, that's your whole thing?

You're gonna act like you weren't on here, jumping for joy, when NBC and ESPN and SpikeTV all let their deals go and folks were on here, happy for the death of PBC? gtfoh
                  Yes I am. Please show me where I was “jumping for joy” I have nothing against pbc I’ve said that time and again

Comment

• Lampley & Lederman join kellerman & bradley at ESPN.Tessatore can do half of the espn fights,Kriegel gets the boot..Roy can go with Dazn and replace sugar ray, he sucks.

Comment

• The Original Theme Song. Used to train to that. This sucks. No PPV at all on HBO? Yeah where’s Nelo going?

Comment

Working...
                      X