Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mikey Garcia: Errol Spence is My First Option For Next Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Adamsc151 View Post
    Garcia's a great all round boxer, but Spence will be a bridge too far as he's just too big; same with Thurman - he'd struggle to get inside their jabs.
    If he's set on a title tilt at WW he should go after Porter, Pac-man or Crawford. At least he'd have a decent chance of closing the distance with them, but Crawford would out-box him.
    Why would he struggle with Thurman's jab when Thurman has no jab to speak of?

Comment

Originally posted by 7not8 View Post
      Sometimes, when a fighter says over and over again what he will do or is going to do it reminds me of believing for one second that he has a chance kind of like in the build up to all the opponents of FMJ fights.

This is not one of those moments.

I'm glad Mikey wants to do big things but there's no scenario I see him coming out of this potential fight with the W.
      Nevermind a win. I'm struggled to imagine that he makes it past the sixth round.

Comment

have to agree with Bob here on this fight

Comment

Originally posted by Noelanthony View Post
          Bro Mikey is going no where near Errol. They have the same manager. For 2 months he has been saying Errol is the fight to make and its easy as we both want it. What’s happening then? Just giving interviews on your desire to face him like you did with Thurman, Cotto, Pacquiao, Crawford , linares Lomachenko and you fought none of them , just Lipinets
          First of all Espinoza quickly came out after Garcia called out Spence in the Garcia/Easter post fight interview and said that they couldn't make the fight in december because of the Wilder vs Fury ppv.

Espinoza unequivocally said that he couldn't and that it is because he wants the Garcia vs Spence fight on ppv and since Wilder vs Fury is also ppv that they couldn't do it at the end of the year because the fights would affect each other's sales.

So that's why the fight aint happening now, not because of Mikey, not because of Spence, and not even because of Espinoza per se, but because of common sense and business logic.

Secondly there is also the fact that Spence has come out and called out Porter in the ring after the Danny Garcia vs Porter fight and he also unquivocally stated that his first choice opponent is Porter. So obviously Spence is waiting on the Porter situation.

There is a wbc convention at the end of the month and Sulaiman (wbc prez) stated that the decision of whether to suspend Porter's mandatory obligations and allow the unifcation fight between Spence and Porter will be made at that convention, DEPENDING on whether Porter makes the unification request or not.

Spence has no choice but to wait and hear the result of that convention, and Garcia has no choice but to wait for that convention too if he wants Spence and on Showtime to decide when the fight can be made.

I'm a Spence fan and I don't particularly like Mikey but come on, you guys are being emotional and unreasonable.

Comment

Let's get the fight on already

Comment

I keep repeating it... This fight won't happen

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgeweather17 View Post
                First of all Espinoza quickly came out after Garcia called out Spence in the Garcia/Easter post fight interview and said that they couldn't make the fight in december because of the Wilder vs Fury ppv.

Espinoza unequivocally said that he couldn't and that it is because he wants the Garcia vs Spence fight on ppv and since Wilder vs Fury is also ppv that they couldn't do it at the end of the year because the fights would affect each other's sales.

So that's why the fight aint happening now, not because of Mikey, not because of Spence, and not even because of Espinoza per se, but because of common sense and business logic.

Secondly there is also the fact that Spence has come out and called out Porter in the ring after the Danny Garcia vs Porter fight and he also unquivocally stated that his first choice opponent is Porter. So obviously Spence is waiting on the Porter situation.

There is a wbc convention at the end of the month and Sulaiman (wbc prez) stated that the decision of whether to suspend Porter's mandatory obligations and allow the unifcation fight between Spence and Porter will be made at that convention, DEPENDING on whether Porter makes the unification request or not.

Spence has no choice but to wait and hear the result of that convention, and Garcia has no choice but to wait for that convention too if he wants Spence and on Showtime to decide when the fight can be made.

I'm a Spence fan and I don't particularly like Mikey but come on, you guys are being emotional and unreasonable.
                I’m not being emotional I have just seen Mikey pull this stunt too many times. Is Spence the first big name that he has called out? Count the amount of names he has flirted with fighting then look who he has fought. It’s bordering on disrespectful now.

Having said that every time Fury spoke about Wilder and Joshua it would annoy me as I felt he had no intentions on facing them so he should keep his mouth shut. However, lo and behold he is facing Wilder in December so I should keep my mouth shut. I’m waiting for Mikey to do the same

Comment

Mikey will get more props for facing Lomachenko than he will for losing to Spence.

Comment

**** or get off the toilet already mikey. Blah blah blah. This fight isn't gonna happen

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                      Salido, JuanMa, Roman Martinez, Broner Lioinets, and Easter! 39-0, 30KOs! I think Mikey is the real deal!
                      Wilder 40-0 39 knockouts. What is your point? Those fighters you mentioned have been knocked out by others fighters anyway.

I’m not saying Mikey isn’t solid because he is but he will be stopped if he faces Spence . Quagmire will be man down in Five

Comment

Working...
                      X