Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do people think Paul Williams had ANY chance against Floyd?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by djtmal View Post
    The real question is, why did Floyd choose to take a "vacation" when Williams and some of these other guys were peaking? Oh I forgot, he wanted to rest his hands after those back to back wars with Oscar and Hatton. Lol.
    Mayweather's hand problems are clear and proven. Unlike Manny's shoulder.

Floyd fought champions and guys who had countries behind them. Paul Williams, to someone on the street, was a Temptations singer. Nobody knows the boxer.

As said, some of you were just so hell bent on finding someone - ANYONE - to beat this guy who doesn't seem to ever lose, you jumped on bandwagons. Every one of them would shortly after get put to sleep by underdogs. It's time to stop the bandwagons.

Comment

• Don't see when they were supposed to fight:

2007: Floyd beats De La Hoya

2 Months later: PWill beats Margarito (That's when he first becomes noteworthy)

Floyd's next fight: Ricky Hatton

2 months later: PWill's next fight? Loss to Carlos Quintana

Comment

• Originally posted by travestyny View Post
        Don't see when they were supposed to fight:

2007: Floyd beats De La Hoya

2 Months later: PWill beats Margarito (That's when he first becomes noteworthy)

Floyd's next fight: Ricky Hatton

2 months later: PWill's next fight? Loss to Carlos Quintana

That's what I'm saying. Floyd beat back-to-back draws - De La Hoya who was money walking at the time and Ricky Hatton who people thought was going to beat Floyd just because he was undefeated. Guys who pulled tens of thousands of fans to the seats. He wasn't worried about a guy who nobody knew who very nearly got knocked out by Margacheato.

Comment

• Originally posted by j.razor View Post
          Funny cuz you wouldn't DARE say that about Floyd & any rematches he had....LMMFAO! You getting exposed like hbo….LMMFAO!!
          I have no problem with a different opinion but your posts deify reality. You make some of the stuipest one sided comments but then again...from you it's become expected.

Everyone knows you’re a troll, a negative bot sock puppet..LMMFAO!!
          Last edited by factsarenice; 09-30-2018, 02:40 PM.

Comment

Sharmba was done, margarito is a punching bag, struggled with Quintana, Ronald was done, Martinez dropped Paul, the Lara fight was close & good & as for Kermit cintron & verno phillips not so nice try....lol
            What does that say about Floyd? By your metrics, every single fighter Floyd picked from 147 on were far beyond past their prime...nice try...lol

Comment

Your just like hbo with the stories & look where that got them....LMMFAO!!
              You're consistent, I'll give you that. Character assassination when you can't intelligently refute a single thing I posted.
              NEXT!

Comment

• Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
                Prime Floyd boxes rings around both guys.

A fighter cant fight everyone but it sure gives the haters a long list of ducks lol .
                What's your basis, where's the logic for your comment?? I can only assume you didn't know that Spence beat Floyd up in the gym or that Williams begged Haymon to get a fight with Floyd and Floyd straight up refused to fight Williams.
                Last edited by factsarenice; 09-30-2018, 03:05 PM.

Comment

Cut the shet out dude. Ronald was what 2 divisions higher along with Vernon? Out of Paul's mouth he said that if he kept winning he was going to get the Floyd fight but what happened? He got K.O.'d & had the accident.
                  Context:
                  Floyd claimed he'd fight everyone up to 154, even claimed to want to fight Winky... to which Winky Wright laughed. Floyd instead fought the ever dangerous Feather duster salesman from South America. Floyd won the fight establishing himself as the 147 lineal champ. Mayweather then rejected an $8 million offer to fight Antonio Margarito and flat refused to fight Paul Williams. In 2007 Floyd fought at 154 as long as they were anyone not named Vernon Forrest or Winky Wright. Williams couldn't land a fight with either Mosley, Floyd or Oscar so he moved up to fight the 160lb Martinez.

Everyone knows that you are not interested in honest dialogue but I thought I would give context anyway for those reading this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Derranged View Post
                    I don't know if you're blind or trolling. Williams barely won four rounds. I was a big fan of his but there's no way he won that fight.
                    You're right, the Lara fight was a gift. I got carried away while arguing with idiots.

Comment

• Originally posted by bluebeam View Post
                      yet he managed his highest punch output of his career that night.

now its 2nd to the punch output vs chavez jr

drain fighters dont throw career highs in punches

So are you saying that Canelo wasn't drained trying to make 152 CW even though he admits to it being the toughest thing that he had to do and their team complaining about it throughtout that time? And seeing how he was at the weigh-in? He looked drained. Floyd's team was also stating that Canelo will be draining himself!!!!

So was Floyd Maywaeather severally dehydrated or was that all BS when he said that he needed an ILLEGAL BANNED IV?

Funny how many Floyd fans do not believe anyone that Floyd fought was dehydrated (Corrales, Canelo,...) but those same people say that what happened to Floyd was not a LIE and BS!

Comment

Working...
                      X