Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo-Golovkin - No Robbery, Embrace The Fight For What it Was

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
    why does his legacy depend on one fight ?

if Mayweather was robbed, his legacy would not be ruined

if Pacquiao was robbed, his legacy would not be ruined

if Canelo was robbed, his legacy would not be ruined

so, why is Golovkin's legacy ruined..... ?

1) even Sanchez admitted that Golovkin did not win that fight

2) Sanchez also admitted that Golovkin does not care about legacy

if Golovkin's legacy is ruined, it is because he did not create one

we told you guys Golovkin needed to take the fights he avoided
    It seems like we are moving to a debate over whether GGG was avoided or himself avoided as this plays part in your legacy question. The fact is in his prime he did not have fighters whom he would beat and that would become a legacy. With so much anticipation and weight added to the second fight with Canelo, it was in a way make it or break it for GGG. I believe he made it, but the official record sooner or later is likely to prevail over wide-spread opinion. And at this age I'm not even convinced he would beat Canelo legitimately in the third fight (it might happen in a year from now or even later) and Canelo, himself being a future HOF, was supposed to be a great victory for GGG.

P.S. I won't watch the videos you posted, but i've seen some where some people might interpret as Abel's admission of a loss. Interpretation of what Abel says may differ between various people, I for one never interpreted it as such since I paid attention to the context and, well, other videos. Abel was also very clear in saying he believed GGG won 7-5. Abel just wants to be gracious in "defeat" and says things which don't make him look like a sore loser. IMO, he has every reason to 8Itch and cry "robbery", but that's a different topic..We are just very complacent with this sort of stuff when it comes to boxing and are too lenient to have double standards. "Well, that's boxing for you". No, wrong decisions must be overturned. We have it in judiciary, why not in sport where a wrong decision might subject a fighter to receiving thousands more punches in the face and rob a fighter of a well-deserved victory? To me justice matters and in light of a second fight (which legitimately could have been a draw, which is very rare) the first one just looks unquestionably won by GGG. Its mind-boggling how people attribute GGG's qualities in the first fight to Canelo in the second fight and still have Canelo beating GGG twice...*smh*.
    Last edited by alexjust; 09-26-2018, 04:15 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by alexjust View Post
      It seems like we are moving to a debate over whether GGG was avoided or himself avoided as this plays part in your legacy question. The fact is in his prime he did not have fighters whom he would beat and that would become a legacy. With so much anticipation and weight added to the second fight with Canelo, it was in a way make it or break it for GGG. I believe he made it, but the official record sooner or later is likely to prevail over wide-spread opinion. And at this age I'm not even convinced he would beat Canelo legitimately in the third fight (it might happen in a year from now or even later) and Canelo, himself being a future HOF, was supposed to be a great victory for GGG.

P.S. I won't watch the videos you posted, but i've seen some where some people might interpret as Abel's admission of a loss. Interpretation of what Abel says may differ between various people, I for one never interpreted it as such since I paid attention to the context and, well, other videos. Abel was also very clear in saying he believed GGG won 7-5. Abel just wants to be gracious in "defeat" and says things which don't make him look like a sore loser. IMO, he has every reason to 8Itch and cry "robbery", but that's a different topic..We are just very complacent with this sort of stuff when it comes to boxing and are too lenient to have double standards. "Well, that's boxing for you". No, wrong decisions must be overturned. We have it in judiciary, why not in sport where a wrong decision might subject a fighter to receiving thousands more punches in the face and rob a fighter of a well-deserved victory? To me justice matters and in light of a second fight (which legitimately could have been a draw, which is very rare) the first one just looks unquestionably won by GGG. Its mind-boggling how people attribute GGG's qualities in the first fight to Canelo in the second fight and still have Canelo beating GGG twice...*smh*.

firstly, I never commented on the first fight..... no idea why you attributed those comments to me

secondly..... Abel's comments need to be " interpreted "..... ?

wtf, why ? lol

Abel's comments after the fight are as clear as a bell..... when put on the spot, with a mic shoved under his..... whatever that thing is on his upper lip..... with no time to think up excuses, or to think about drumming up a potential trilogy fight..... Abel admitted that Golovkin did not win

also.....

"Canelo is a champion today. He deserves it. He fought a great fight..... Canelo fought a great fight, man. You can’t take that away from Canelo.... Canelo is a great champion..... I was trying to have Gennady make it a fight. Instead of allowing Canelo to rest, I wanted him to fight more."
      https://www.boxingscene.com/sanchez-...nto-it--131907
      https://www.boxingscene.com/sanchez-...at-ggg--131902

none of those comments need..... " interpreting "

Comment

• There’s no way Canelo won more than 6 rounds, you can’t make this stuff up. There were close rounds, but not more than 6 to Canelo and most people thought GGG won, like I did and had it 7-5
        The robbery comes into play where they took GGG titles away in a fight he should have won or at worst a draw, that’s the robbery

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
          oh really..... ?

what about this dumb shlt.....

take your L like a man, bltch LMAO

that's not even my quote you lame. You're an example of when Fandom crosses that line into a gay obsession. Get ahold of your life.

Comment

Let me explain to you your mistake. You're trying to have a respectable boxing debate with an f'ing moron who loves Canelo so much, he's incapable of providing a rational opinion
            Last edited by Jab jab boom; 09-26-2018, 05:12 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
              Let me explain to you your mistake. You're trying to have a respectable boxing debate with an f'ing moron who loves Canelo so much, he's incapable of providing a rational opinion
              There is that as well 😂

Comment

There is that as well 😂

right, because..... I was wrong when I said this.....

"Canelo is a champion today. He deserves it. He fought a great fight..... Canelo fought a great fight, man. You can’t take that away from Canelo.... Canelo is a great champion..... I was trying to have Gennady make it a fight. Instead of allowing Canelo to rest, I wanted him to fight more."
                https://www.boxingscene.com/sanchez-...nto-it--131907
                https://www.boxingscene.com/sanchez-...at-ggg--131902

hey wait, that wasn't me..... and, none of those comments need..... "interpreting"

" interpreting "..... is making excuses when your guy lost

Comment

• Canelo lost to Floyd, Lara, and GGG twice! Also, a draw with Trout.

But looking at it from the business point of view, Canelo is undefeated and robbed in the Floyd fight or according to one judge, a draw... also no way Khan won more than two rounds according to another judge.

I dont need judges to tell me who won a fight or not but some people do.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
                    You sure as sht shouldnt win a fight not throwing ANY combos or body punches and jabbing off your back foot only.
                    Agreed!

Who cares if GGG wobbled Canelo 3 times and put a vagina over his left eye? Also, anyone that throws jabs should never win like Floyd does!... No matter if it hurts the other guy more than his haymakers and body punches and combos! Jabbing a guy dead in the face and making his head snap should result in negative points! How about minus 1 point for every 50 jabs landed? That's fair... especially against a guy who makes a lot of his fans pay a lot of money so they can hear the judge's scorecards at the end of round 12 regardless of what actually happened during the fight just so they can feel better about being the same nationality as their favorite fighter and more superior over all of the other nationalities on Earth!

But when the aliens invade, none of this race stuff will ever matter!

Comment

• Originally posted by Truth Serum View Post
                      Agreed!

Who cares if GGG wobbled Canelo 3 times and put a vagina over his left eye? Also, anyone that throws jabs should never win like Floyd does!... No matter if it hurts the other guy more than his haymakers and body punches and combos! Jabbing a guy dead in the face and making his head snap should result in negative points! How about minus 1 point for every 50 jabs landed? That's fair... especially against a guy who makes a lot of his fans pay a lot of money so they can hear the judge's scorecards at the end of round 12 regardless of what actually happened during the fight just so they can feel better about being the same nationality as their favorite fighter and more superior over all of the other nationalities on Earth!

But when the aliens invade, none of this race stuff will ever matter!
                      Good stuff dude, really cracked me up [no sarcasm, I substantively agree with you].

Comment

Working...
                      X