Collapse
No announcement yet.

joe joyce to be lead sparring partner for tyson furys camp

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joyce is crap but Fury is getting merked either way so it doesnt really matter...

Comment

Originally posted by yammy25 View Post
      I can't see that being very beneficial in all honesty.

If Tyson even has a quarter of the speed and positioning he used to then sparring against joyce is akin to walking around whilst someone throws a flump marshmallow at you in slow-mo.

I would have thought there are better HW's to utilise for sparring that possess the frame and speed necessary to somewhat imitate wilder, and maybe even try to imitate his looping style. Joyce isnt that guy IMO.
      Hughie would be better, but maybe the rift between Tyson and Peter Fury is too deep.

Comment

Joyce, talking earlier this year about sparring both AJ and Fury:

"My skills match up very well with him. We've done plenty of rounds. We've got different attributes. I like sparring Joshua."

Joyce also commented on former world heavyweight champion Fury, who is set to return from his ban in June against a yet to be named opponent.

"He will be a lot tougher now he's in better shape. Even overweight he caused problems - he was tricky to spar," Joyce added. "He was awkward, unorthodox, threw shots from mad angles, switch-hitting. He is a handful."

https://www.givemesport.com/1304265-...and-tyson-fury

Sounds like he found Fury tougher to spar than AJ, even when he was out of shape.

Comment

That’s a better choice for prepping AJ. Joyce is nothing like Wilder stylistically.

Comment

it can't be easy to find anyone like wilder to spar with, or Fury for that matter.

They're both pretty unique in the division today. Even for wilder, where is he gonna find a guy that big, that awkward with good footwork and a switch-hitter like Fury?

i don't think you can prepare much for either guy, so it's probably a case of getting good quality sparring and being sharp.

Comment

You going to use a walking mummy as your sparring partner for Wilder? Ok...

Comment

Working...
              X