No announcement yet.

Questions About This Alleged Mayweather Comeback

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hatesrats View Post
    If he fights in Nov. Maybe... Because Dec. Seems all booked up including the Wilder/Fury PPV. & the 15th being reserved for & Alvarez/GBP's.

He will fight again tho for sure (But this will be the final UN-retiremet).
    The dream opponent (For me) would be against "One Time" Thurman or fugg it "Canelo" II.
    0% chance Floyd fights Keith. Keith killed all his momentum by running and retiring.

Although any version of Floyd embarrasses any version of Keith.

Going life and death with Danny Garcia and Shawn Porter =/= being competitive with 41-42 year old Floyd

If Floyd comes back I think he needs to accept that he can only beat either fringe contenders like Keith/Danny or fellow washed up guys like Manny.

TC, Spence, Canelo, etc. all wipe Floyd out at this point
    Last edited by Bjl12; 09-23-2018, 06:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
      It ain't a comeback til a fight is scheduled or til a fight takes place in my book.
      It ain't alleged when he announced it himself.
      It's an announced comeback.

He bets on sports heavily.
      Shows off his winnings but not his losses.
      I've known a few degenerate gamblers in my life.

He needs to make that payday .
      But, if he doesn't quit betting on sports, he'll eventually go broke.

Comment

It seems every 2 years he 'needs' a big fight

2013 he fought canelo
        2015 he fought pacman
        2017 he fought mcgregor

doesn't matter if he's opponent is top level or not. if it sells the most, that's the fight he'll take.

even if it's easy 9 figure payday, it's a 9 figure that'll diminish in another 2 years because of his gambling problems and bad business investments.

Comment

Honestly, I doubt he comes back. I think he's just blowing smoke and putting his name out there. Claimed he was going to be an MMA fighter and that never materialized. Of course it's much much more believable that he would return to boxing, but I think the dude just has no issue with trying to work people up into a frenzy and laying back watching the reaction.

And I wouldn't be surprised if he and Pacquiao agreed to stage that club snippet we saw. But they need to work on some better lines for Pac, since all he could say was, "But I have the belt."

Comment

Originally posted by OCPancho View Post
            It ain't alleged when he announced it himself.
            It's an announced comeback.
            To me an announced comeback isn't a comeback til a fight is scheduled or even have taken place hence the use of the word allegedly.

Comment

Originally posted by travestyny View Post
              Honestly, I doubt he comes back. I think he's just blowing smoke and putting his name out there. Claimed he was going to be an MMA fighter and that never materialized. Of course it's much much more believable that he would return to boxing, but I think the dude just has no issue with trying to work people up into a frenzy and laying back watching the reaction.

And I wouldn't be surprised if he and Pacquiao agreed to stage that club snippet we saw. But they need to work on some better lines for Pac, since all he could say was, "But I have the belt."
              Yea exactly. He had that weird MMA video awhile back that appeared to be him claiming that was coming to.

I don't necessarily buy Floyd's words here. Maybe he does fight, maybe he doesn't. Neither would surprise me all that much, but I don't buy that is definitely happening.

And yea Manny isn't a great partner in trying to build up hype lol.

Comment

In a word, no.

Comment

Unfortunately like many other fighters who have come before him, I believe he is having some monetary problems. Which is very sad when you think of it because he grossed upwards to $600 mil in career earnings. If he doesn't curb his spending habits soon he'll probably be fighting up until he is in his late 40s or even longer.

Comment

Tough to say. He may have been clowning for attention, but he may also be serious. I suspect Floyd is suffering from boredom. He bought everything he could want. There are no more challenges in his life. Probably misses the spotlight.

The best fighter he can beat at 147 would be Danny Garcia, Mikey Garcia, and possibly PAC, but I see a rematch being much more competitive with a two-fisted healthy PAC. I can’t see him beating Crawford, Thurman or Spence.

At 154 I think he actually beats Charlo, Hurd and Lara. Jr MW is an overrated division IMO.

Comment

He will come back because he is hoping to catch TBE otherwise known as the mighty Wanheng in terms of boxing record.

He will fight Pacquiao if he does fight. No one else brings the attention and payday that he craves that is smaller than him physically.

Comment

Working...
                      X