No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Anthony Joshua Drops, Stops Alexander Povetkin in Seventh

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Redgloveman View Post
    Good performance from AJ. Boxed to a plan and got the win without taking much punishment. Like Wilder v Ortiz he knew he needed to take the old guy late. Solid but unspectacular performance.
    He did. And to be fair to AJ amongst all the critics here, he didn’t really look like he came out of first gear in the early rounds. Certainly the finish was the first time in the whole fight he really opened up and threw with any speed or intent.

Comment

• Originally posted by Damn Wicked View Post
      Ok, now let's see Povetkin VS Ortiz.
      Actually, I would be in on that!! It would be a fun undercard to top fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anthony Millar View Post
        Based on that performance I'd fancy Povetkin over Wilder. No way Wilder is avoiding those fast hooks from Povetkin as he closes the canvas with ease.
        So you're assumption is because Povetkin was able to get in on AJ so easily, he'd be able to do it Wilder just as easy?

Never mind that Wilder is faster than AJ, moves around quickly, unlike AJ, and prefers to fight from the outside, unlike AJ who likes to jab into closer contact. I mean style makes fights man, you can't just assume Povetkin would get close to Wilder because he got close to AJ, two completely different styles of fighting.

Comment

• Originally posted by BackToTheJab View Post
          He's got good fundamentals but he got outboxed by the smaller guy tonight who went to death with David Price.
          what is this guy saying, pov went to death with glass chin price??

Comment

• Tyson Fury responds to the fight: https://www.instagram.com/p/BoC2ZlWD...=1tg1ndgd6v7ww

Comment

• Originally posted by Misty55 View Post
              At least he has a future career as an instagram model.

Comment

• Originally posted by cameltoe View Post
                He did. And to be fair to AJ amongst all the critics here, he didn’t really look like he came out of first gear in the early rounds. Certainly the finish was the first time in the whole fight he really opened up and threw with any speed or intent.
                You'd have to also be fair to Povetkin. The reason AJ had a hard time getting out first gear, is because Povetkin's head movement foot and hand speed, including his punch timing was really throwing AJ off. He got Povetkin's timing down as the fight went on, and he was able to pick Povetkin off.

Comment

• Joshua's enormous size and reach advantage won him this fight, once he started relying on his jab, Povetkin was neutralized. Joshua won't have that advantage against Wilder, and it's still a 50-50 fight for me. Basically both flawed boxers with very heavy hands, so whoever lands the first clean shot wins. Now if Tyson Fury is anywhere close to where he was when he beat Klitschko, he would box circles around both, but I doubt he is even close to his peak and he'll probably lose to Wilder.

Comment

• Originally posted by Czarczar View Post
                    Knocked out another old man congratulations.
                    He is old. But he is maximum 5th best HW in the world behind AJ, Deontay, Ortiz and Fury

so what's your damn point??

Comment

• The people got what they wanted, Russian blood...and revenge for Pricey!

Comment

Working...
                      X