Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hopkins: Canelo Flipped Script On Golovkin, Walked Him Down

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stealthradon View Post
    No Hopkins just jumped out of the ring and fought the same cans 5 times. What a great champion. Wow.

Hopkins unified his division the old fashioned way..... one-by-one

when Hopkins is stripped for ducking his mando, you can get back to me

Hopkins would ' pavlik ' Plodkin, if they ever fought

Comment

Originally posted by shawn4943 View Post
      Some fighters look like that after a hard fight. GGG looked pretty beat up after the Jacobs fight too although not as bad. I personally think the fight could have gone either way. It's interesting that the press scorecards were like 90% in favor of GGG winning though.
      66% in favour of GGG winning not 90%.

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
        Hopkins unified his division the old fashioned way..... one-by-one

when Hopkins is stripped for ducking his mando, you can get back to me

Hopkins would ' pavlik ' Plodkin, if they ever fought

Get back to me when Hopkins actually stayed in the ring.

Comment

one thing.....

you could be a little hard on yourself

it's not just the commentary, it is the occasion

I agree about the sound, no question..... but sometimes the occasion also plays a part..... because we are fans first and foremost, so we get caught up in it all

often watching a fight the 2nd time, it seems to unfold a little slower and you see a little more..... things that happen are not so memorable/exaggerated, and other things are magnified

anyway, props !
          Thanks for the props. but most of all, for reading my very lengthy commentary.

The occasion and watching it a second time, way less emotionally, do play a meaningful part. But I have to point out that i was no fan of any of the two. whichever one won in the end, or a draw, would have been fine by me, as long as the judging was correct. And I feel this time it was, and it could actually have been even by a larger margin but I guess the judges, all of them, gave the coin-toss rounds to GGG to avoid another scandal and talks of a robbery, etc.

I think a third fight is pointless. I can easily predict the outcome: Canelo will have even better stamina, it is obvious he has been working very hard on that, and this time he will have ZERO respect for GGG, so I would expect a clear stoppage in favor of Canelo in the late rounds, no knock downs unfortunately, since GGG is a real, real tough and proud guy, but a stoppage by accumulation of punishment, where it would be inhuman to let the massacre continue, just as it happened with the very brave Angulo, who would not fall down vs. Lara or Caneo, he'd stand proud and pushing the fight until the end, until being stopped to prevent a disgraceful outcome, as in him being lethally injured.
          Last edited by sterilizer; 09-22-2018, 01:32 PM.

Comment

how did you work that out ?

Canelo got a clean sweep on ALL official scoring criteria

don't know how anyone can score for the guy who could not get his game going at all
            It’s not based on “anyone,” it’s based on the criteria “judges” use to score fights. A lot of people scored it for GGG based on that traditional criteria. Because they obviously understand how “judges” score fights. And jabs are scoring blows too and have been for many, many years. And based on this “scoring criteria” below; MANY people have questioned the outcome of the fight including past and current fighters, boxing analysts & commentators, boxing experts, boxing fans, and casual fans.

Based on these, some say Canelo won & some say GGG.

Official Judges Scoring Criteria:

Effective Aggression – Being aggressive gives the impression of dominance, but unless the boxer is landing shots and not constantly getting countered, it’s not exactly “effective.” Judges look for effective aggression, where the aggressor consistently lands his punches and avoids those from his opponent.

Ring Generalship – The fighter who controls the action and enforces his will and style.

Defense – How well is a boxer slipping, parrying, and blocking punches? Good defense is important.

Hard and Clean Punches – To the untrained eye, it can appear as if a boxer is landing a lot of shots, when, in fact, most are being blocked or aren’t landing flush. A judge needs to look for hard shots that land clean.

Comment

Originally posted by stealthradon View Post
              Because Hopkins run was worse than GGG's, dummy.
              While this wasn't addressed to me you have to be kidding.

Hopkins beat undefeated Trinidad and stopped him.

I'm a fan of GGG and think it's a shame he was ducked so much during his prime but Echols would spark most of the people GGG fought.

The Road Warrior Glen Johnson is imo a better win than everyone that GGG has ever beaten officially. Johnson has wins over Tarver and Rjj and is a pure tank.

GGG had a chance to unify but opted for the money fight. Now, by hook or by crook he is no longer champion.

Give me 2 GGG wins to put against Road Warrior and Trinidad and I'll rethink my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by markther View Post
                It’s not based on “anyone,” it’s based on the criteria “judges” use to score fights. A lot of people scored it for GGG based on that traditional criteria. Because they obviously understand how “judges” score fights. And jabs are scoring blows too and have been for many, many years. And based on this “scoring criteria” below; MANY people have questioned the outcome of the fight including past and current fighters, boxing analysts & commentators, boxing experts, boxing fans, and casual fans.

Based on these, some say Canelo won & some say GGG.

Official Judges Scoring Criteria:

Effective Aggression – Being aggressive gives the impression of dominance, but unless the boxer is landing shots and not constantly getting countered, it’s not exactly “effective.” Judges look for effective aggression, where the aggressor consistently lands his punches and avoids those from his opponent.

Ring Generalship – The fighter who controls the action and enforces his will and style.

Defense – How well is a boxer slipping, parrying, and blocking punches? Good defense is important.

Hard and Clean Punches – To the untrained eye, it can appear as if a boxer is landing a lot of shots, when, in fact, most are being blocked or aren’t landing flush. A judge needs to look for hard shots that land clean.

nowhere in the official scoring criteria does it mention jabs

it mentions clean hard punching and effective aggression

no way did Golovkin win any of the 4 official scoring criteria

it is more about who wins the exchanges and who controls the fight..... than about who lands something that can technically be described as a punch

the justification you used clearly goes to Canelo

watch it again

I agree with breadman's analysis..... you cannot score a win for Golovkin in that fight..... the first fight should likely have been a draw or a win for Golovkin..... this fight a draw or a win for Canelo

Jabkin could not get his game going in EITHER of those fights

Comment

Originally posted by GrandmasterWang View Post
                  While this wasn't addressed to me you have to be kidding.

Hopkins beat undefeated Trinidad and stopped him.

I'm a fan of GGG and think it's a shame he was ducked so much during his prime but Echols would spark most of the people GGG fought.

The Road Warrior Glen Johnson is imo a better win than everyone that GGG has ever beaten officially. Johnson has wins over Tarver and Rjj and is a pure tank.

GGG had a chance to unify but opted for the money fight. Now, by hook or by crook he is no longer champion.

Give me 2 GGG wins to put against Road Warrior and Trinidad and I'll rethink my opinion.

you know how you..... " go out on your shield "

stealthradon is going out on his face

this is the valiant last stand..... just humor him

him and TonyGE are rallying to convince public opinion that their boy did not get beaten up by a fat red kid who they said was over-rated loool

Comment

nowhere in the official scoring criteria does it mention jabs

it mentions clean hard punching and effective aggression

no way did Golovkin win any of the 4 official scoring criteria

it is more about who wins the exchanges and who controls the fight..... than about who lands something that can technically be described as a punch

the justification you used clearly goes to Canelo

watch it again

I agree with breadman's analysis..... you cannot score a win for Golovkin in that fight..... the first fight should likely have been a draw or a win for Golovkin..... this fight a draw or a win for Canelo

Jabkin could not get his game going in EITHER of those fights
                    Your not serious are you? Are you saying jabs aren’t scored in fights and jabs aren’t counted to score rounds? Please edit your post because people will think your crazy.

Again, quite a few boxing experts, boxing commentators, boxing fans, current boxers, past boxers, saw the fight for GGG. Some saw it for Canelo. The judges saw it for Canelo. Doesn’t mean they are right because judges have been wrong before. At the end of the day, it counts in the books for Canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by markther View Post
                      Your not serious are you? Are you saying jabs aren’t scored in fights and jabs aren’t counted to score rounds? Please edit your post because people will think your crazy.

Again, quite a few boxing experts, boxing commentators, boxing fans, current boxers, past boxers, saw the fight for GGG. Some saw it for Canelo. The judges saw it for Canelo. Doesn’t mean they are right because judges have been wrong before. At the end of the day, it counts in the books for Canelo.

you heard what I said, why put words in my mouth ?

FACT: the 4 official scoring criteria do not mention jabs

YES, they obviously count for something..... and that something is ring generalship, and setting up punches/combo's that can win you a fight

once again..... hard clean punches are official scoring criteria..... not your pitty-pat jabs

a lot of you guys do not seem to know the difference between amateur boxing and professional

this is the hurt game, not the jab game

I thought I explained that pretty well when I said that it is more about who wins the exchanges and who controls the fight..... than about who lands something that can technically be described as a punch

Jabkin got backed up, beaten up, and his jabs do not change that fact

Comment

Working...
                      X