Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Thurman: I Look Forward To Reminding Everyone I'm #1 at 147

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yaaa boy back in biz. These guys know what time it is. #1

Comment

Originally posted by dibzvincent143 View Post
      I think that’s what I’ve said in my first comment that you quoted. 🤔🙂 so I guess you’re totally agreeing with me.

P4P crawford is ahead of them
      Best resume welter it’s thurman (excluding pac of course)
      Yeah, we pretty much agree. And I agree P4P Crawford is ahead of them but not specificially in the welterweight division due to only having 1 fight there so far. What it all comes down to is who will be undefeated when Crawford, Spence & Thurman all fight each other.

Comment

Originally posted by DuckAdonis View Post
        Well so did mathysse...so is Mathysee now better than Danny and Spence ? No because he already lost to Danny. Triangle theories dont work in boxing
        True, but I was just stating that Spence beat the guy Porter lost to since they specificially named the 2 best on Thurman’s resume. But we all know what it comes down to as in who will be the #1 welterweight.

Comment

Kell brook win < porter+garcia wins
          You can say kell brook is better than both of them, but the value of both those wins outweigh the value of a single win.

And were not even gonna talk about the issues going into that fight.
          ok well i can def agree that when u combine garcia porter over just brook is better, im just saying that brook at ww already beat porter who beat garcia. so in my opinion flip it anyway u want even a “damaged”
          brook at ww is better than both garcia and porter individually. lets NOT forget that thurman just got by porter. spence takes ALL OF THEM OUT! including BUD!

Comment

Originally posted by suffolkbull3 View Post
            ok well i can def agree that when u combine garcia porter over just brook is better, im just saying that brook at ww already beat porter who beat garcia. so in my opinion flip it anyway u want even a “damaged”
            brook at ww is better than both garcia and porter individually. lets NOT forget that thurman just got by porter. spence takes ALL OF THEM OUT! including BUD!
            I agree spence might be the favorite to come out on top. But we can’t rank him or any of them for that matter as number 1 unless those significant fights happen first.
            We cannot just rely on triangle theories, and give them credit base on it, even if they’d likely win. Want the credit? You gotta fight them first. And how many in history have proven triangle theories wrong? Probably by an awful lot.

I’m sure our wait wouldn’t be that long unless spence-bud marinates for 6 years lol

Comment

He has been inactive for less time than Fury has but he similarly needs to prove that he can return to his former, elite-level self.

Comment

I fear that too much of Keiths prime is being spent on the shelf. These young boys like Spence and Crawford are active and already right there with keith in terms of skill sets. Plus the vets like Porter and Danny are in competetive fights against top opposition. Feels like we may have seen Keiths absolute best already. The question now is: Is the skill level and experience he developed enough to take out these younger hungrier fighters?

Comment

I agree spence might be the favorite to come out on top. But we can’t rank him or any of them for that matter as number 1 unless those significant fights happen first.
                  We cannot just rely on triangle theories, and give them credit base on it, even if they’d likely win. Want the credit? You gotta fight them first. And how many in history have proven triangle theories wrong? Probably by an awful lot.

I’m sure our wait wouldn’t be that long unless spence-bud marinates for 6 years lol
                  i totally agree with everything you said, triangle theories dont work thats just on paper stuff... The problem that i am having is this.. i am a HUGE spence fan, he was born in the neighborhood that i grew up in, his uncle steve is a close friend of mine and ive been following his career since the amateurs... he is being boxed out and its driving me up the wall!! bud chose to be boxed out when he reupped with arum.. now that thurman is coming back, i will bet any amount of money that porter fights thurman AGAIN, before he fights spence.. danny garcia is coming off another loss so i dont see the point of fighting him and as i said bud being with tr he is basically off limits to ej.. so who does that leave??? mikey garcia?? i truly believe that is all smoke and mirrors, i do not believe mikey wants to fight him, but lets say that mikey went across the grain this time and dropped spences name and actually does fight him.. what will that do for ejs ww ranking?? if spence kos mikey it wont mean anything, he gets absolutely no shine for it and rightfully so.. spence is right now just entering his prime, it would be a damn shame for ALL Boxing fans if none of the big names fights him now! i dont want to see his prime years wasted on guys like ocampos. its just not good for boxing!

sorry for the long post but i get really heated over this.

Comment

That elbow is all healed up & ready to go. "Time off" will prove to have done him good in his comeback. Looks like Keith got that hunger back, Once the hunter... Now Thurman is the hunted.

Comment

Originally posted by KayDub View Post
                      Spence hasn't done much himself. Thurman has faced top 5 opponents back to back. Spence hasn't faced any unless you want to include drained damaged Brook.
                      Even a post Golovkin Brook is a better fighter than Porter and Garcia. Peterson beat Garcia too despite the blind judges scoring it. Spence beat both guys.

He is the real number 1 guy in the division.

Comment

Working...
                      X