Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

At this point, has Canelo redeemed and/or further solidified his status as elite?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mexican_Puppet View Post
    Élite is a fighter proven in the highest level.

A P4P fighter, Canelo is #1 right now.

He has a lot of tools that you are forggeting
    Or you could say that 'elite' is head and shoulders above the competition. Both are reasonable definitions.

You have him as P4P#1 that's entirely your right, man. Personally although I feel he has a coupla of exceptional attributes and a great skillset I also feel he's less than stellar in a few departments. I don't really do P4P cos I think it's conceptually ridiculous, but I'm quite happy to say that Canelo's probably amongst the 10 best fighters in the world.

Comment

canelo is one of the three best fighters on the planet. i rate him behind crawford and lomachenko because they posses elite speed, and we saw what that did to canelo when he fought floyd.

but that's nothing to be ashamed of, being behind lomachenko and crawford. canelo has an outstanding resume and he's a great fighter. i was so impressed incredibly impressed with him the other night. his chin was something to see, and he was punching accurately and so hard.

Comment

Originally posted by BLASTER1 View Post
        How do you mean same size.
        As in height?
        Because they both would have weighed around 170 give or take and their reach Is nearly identical with Canelo actually having a 1cm more reach.
        So the only difference is about 4cm in height.
        Not that big of a deal.
        Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
        Canelo reach is 1/2 inch longer than Golovkin's and he is 8 years younger and he barely won officially. It doesn't matter because he lost that fight anyway.

ggg actually has a 74" reach, it's a big reason why his jab is so effective.

Comment

Canelo proved himself, moving up 3 divisions, taking on the #1 middleweight with 0 wins over an active MW, that's pretty damn impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
            Or you could say that 'elite' is head and shoulders above the competition. Both are reasonable definitions.

You have him as P4P#1 that's entirely your right, man. Personally although I feel he has a coupla of exceptional attributes and a great skillset I also feel he's less than stellar in a few departments. I don't really do P4P cos I think it's conceptually ridiculous, but I'm quite happy to say that Canelo's probably amongst the 10 best fighters in the world.
            Yeah, i respect.your point, and sorry for my insult.

I said that Nelo is #1 but really maybe he is in the top-3 or top-5.

What's your list of the 5 fighters that are better than Nelo

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
              ggg actually has a 74" reach, it's a big reason why his jab is so effective.

Boxrec has him listed as having a 70 inch reach. He's listed as having s 70 inch reach vs Jacobs in the promo for the fight. Jacobs has a 73 inch reach. There is no way G has a longer reach than Danny.

Comment

Definitely canelo is an elite and one of the best of this current era.
                Last edited by dukesville; 09-29-2018, 01:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
                  Boxrec has him listed as having a 70 inch reach. He's listed as having s 70 inch reach vs Jacobs in the promo for the fight. Jacobs has a 73 inch reach. There is no way G has a longer reach than Danny.
                  Boxrec is full of misinformation and that then gets sourced to the media. That graphic is from Sky sports and is the most detailed report on record.

ggg's jab is his best punch for a reason, his arms are long as hell. It also helps explain where a lot of his power comes from and why he tends to struggle on the inside.

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
                    Boxrec is full of misinformation and that then gets sourced to the media. That graphic is from Sky sports and is the most detailed report on record.

ggg's jab is his best punch for a reason, his arms are long as hell. It also helps explain where a lot of his power comes from and why he tends to struggle on the inside.
                    Exactly.

He has a very long reach.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post

Box rec was only one of the sources I quoted. The other was from a fight promo stat similar to the sky sports information. It's possible Sky sports got it wrong unless they measured it. Also if Boxrec is wrong then what is Canelo arm lenght??

Sky Sports had Brook listed at 5'7" for the Porter fight and having a 69.5 inch reach. So how did he add 2 inches in height and 2 inches in arm length for Golovkin.
                      Last edited by TonyGe; 09-29-2018, 01:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X